Chapter 8

Snippets

 

So show me (I'll show you)

 


 

Yoongi had always taken care of Jungkook, looked out for him. From the moment they became trainees, to when they debuted, up until now. 

Such fact would never change and Jungkook would be forever thankful for it. 

It was nice knowing someone had your back, supported you no matter what. Always. 

The understanding of being shaped into who he was now by not only Yoongi, but also by all of his hyungs, came to him as he grew up, matured and realized the protecting shield they had put around him. 

Jungkook knew his hyungs didn't want him to face the ugliness of the world upfront, alone and without any support. He knew he had six pair of hands to guide him and catch him if he were to ever fall. 

And Yoongi, he also knew, had put his all into doing that. 

Now, early into his adult life, Jungkook wanted to repay him. It wasn't necessary, he was more than aware, but his heart ached for it. 

Ached to reciprocate the gestures, be there for Yoongi when he needed, make up for when they were younger and Jungkook was only a kid and Yoongi couldn't do anything but hide his pain from him and the world.

 

 

Jungkook walks through the brightly lit corridors of the Bighit building, closed doors lining the walls and faint melodies coming from under a few of them. 

He stops a couple of steps away from the infamous cat mat, the cartoonish animal staring up at him and daring him to continue on and knock on the door in front of him. 

Jungkook chuckles breathlessly, daring. He doesn't need to knock. 

He types the code on the keypad lock and the door opens before him. 

Yoongi is sitting at his desk and staring at the monitor in front of him, head propped on a hand. He doesn't hear Jungkook walking closer, his headphones canceling out all outside noise. 

Jungkook stops right behind his chair, smiling fond fond fond and biting his bottom lip. 

Carefully he removes Yoongi's headphones and the elder turns to stare at him, startled. 

Jungkook's grin widens and he motions with his hands for Yoongi to get up. 

With an eyebrow raised, but without asking any questions, Yoongi obeys, standing on his almost sore legs and staring right at Jungkook, waiting for the younger to explain what this was all about. 

Jungkook is beaming, smile impossibly bright, and he uses both hands to hold Yoongi by his shoulders and turn him around. 

Yoongi doesn't protest being manhandled, of course he doesn't—Jungkook knows he would never—and the younger wraps his arms around him, pressing his chest to the elder's back. 

Yoongi's shoulders rise with an intake of breath, but he soon relaxes on Jungkook's embrace, closing his eyes and drinking in the calming scent of lavender coming from Jungkook's sweater. 

The strength of Jungkook's hold increases ever so slightly, bringing Yoongi closer, hugging him tighter. 

"Let's go home, hyung, I'll order take out." Jungkook whispers as he places a small kiss at the back of Yoongi's neck. 

Yoongi sighs and Jungkook turns him around again, leaning down a little and kissing him on the lips, softly softly softly. 

"Let's go home, Jungkook-ah."