Chapter 10

Snippets

 

The one where Jungkook gets distracted by Yoongi's voice

 


 

Sitting at his studio chair, Yoongi is telling him about his newest purchase; another music equipment to complement the production software recently installed in his computer. 

Yoongi is all gummy smiles and wild hand gestures, and Jungkook listens as the elder's voice rises in excitement. The younger is sprawled on the comfortable couch behind Yoongi's desk, playing with a few lose threads on the blanket draped over the cushions. 

He's lost in the pure happiness Yoongi radiates, in the softness and glow of his face, the shine in his eyes and the gentle curve of his lips as he smiles wide wide wider at every new sentence he drawls out. 

Jungkook closes his eyes and only realizes he'd been lost in thoughts the whole time when the comforting sound of Yoongi's voice suddenly stops. 

When Jungkook opens his eyes again it's to the sight of the elder his ear, looking slightly down in an attempt to hide his red cheeks. 

"Sorry, Jungkookie, I got carried away. I must be boring you." 

Jungkook feels a pang in his chest, guilt flooding his body. He rushes to sit upright, flailing a little when he almost loses his balance. 

"No, hyung, I'm sorry. I zoned out a little, but I love listening to you talk." 

Yoongi looks up at him, mouth partially open and a spark of reassurance in his eyes. 

"Oh." 

"You know so many things and I like listening to your voice, seeing how excited you get while talking about them, it's cute, and it makes me happy. But I also want to know about what makes you happy. So please don't feel like you need to restrain yourself around me, share everything you want, even if you think it's silly. If something is important to you, then for me it's worth listening to." 

"Ah…" Yoongi pauses, clears his throat. He sounds choked up. "You sounded really mature just now." 

"Yah!" 

"But I really appreciate it, Jungkook." 

Yoongi reclines back in his chair and he looks at Jungkook with so much fondness he glows even more, bright and happy and warm. 

And Jungkook looks back at him just the same.