Chapter 14

Snippets

 

"Smile!"

 


 

Yoongi stirs in his sleep, grumbling a little as he feels warmth radiating from the side where he's partially draped over Jungkook. 

He sits up carefully, mindful of not moving too much in the small sofa and disturbing Jungkook. With a yawn he rubs at his eyes, a feeble attempt to make himself more awake, and scoots towards the armrest near his feet, reaching for the hat and phone he had previously discarded there. 

Grabbing his phone he quickly looks at his reflection on the camera app. His hair is sticking out in every direction—nothing that the hat couldn't help with—and his eyes are puffy, both clearly indicating he was just asleep. 

Yoongi smirks to himself. He looks cute. 

Turning to the side he tries to wake Jungkook up by softly shaking his shoulder. It takes him a while to get a reaction out of the other, but eventually the younger grunts and sits up as well. 

Jungkook blinks a few times, struggling to keep both eyes open, and when he finally looks forward, to where his foggy brain imagines Yoongi is, he is met with a phone pointing right at him. 

"Smile!" Yoongi singsongs. 

Jungkook hears the cheerful voice and remains staring straight ahead, expression completely blank, if not a little disoriented. 

With the phone still in front of him, held by a very eager Yoongi who is taking as many pictures as he can so he'll have options to post on twitter later, Jungkook glares at the offending piece of technology, cursing at it mentally as if it was the sole reason why he is now awake. 

The shutter of the phone goes off for the nth time and Jungkook's train of thought derails to the man next to him. Yoongi looks as cute as ever, glowing and smiling prettily while facing the small camera. 

With no warnings Jungkook wraps an arm around Yoongi's waist and brings him down against his chest. He holds Yoongi close and Yoongi giggles, all soft and airy, before putting the phone away. 

Yoongi doesn't protest this turn of events, he simply adjusts himself on top of the younger, wrapping his own arms around Jungkook's waist as well. 

With their chests pressed together and Yoongi's face tucked under Jungkook's chin they quickly drift back into dreamland.