Chapter 15

Snippets

 

Jungkook finishes the last touches with a satisfied smile. He looks at his work, hands on his hips, and nods to himself in appreciation.

 

Inspired by this

 


 

Jungkook finishes the last touches with a satisfied smile. He looks at his work, hands on his hips, and nods to himself in appreciation. 

When he leaves the room, making sure the door behind him is properly closed—can't let the wind disturb his work now—he spots Jimin at the end of the hallway. The elder shoots him a look as if asking if everything is ready, eyes shining with anticipation. 

Jungkook smiles and gives him a thumbs up. 

Jimin mirrors his gesture and runs towards the staircase. He shouts something to Namjoon downstairs that Jungkook doesn't quite catch, too busy in his own mind running through his plan again. All Jungkook is aware of is that Jimin has walked back to him and is now leading him down the stairs while Namjoon waits for them at the bottom, phone in hands. 

"I'm calling him." Namjoon says, quickly getting into motion. "Hi, Yoongi hyung," He speaks over the phone, "When are you coming back?" 

"Oh, hi Joonie, I'm actually leaving right now, there's not much else for me to do here and I'm feeling kind of hungry." Comes the answer slightly muffled. 

Namjoon thinks for a moment. Having Yoongi wanting to eat with all of them wasn't part of the plan. "I think everyone already ate..." He pretends to be considering something. "Except Jungkook? He was at practice so perhaps you could bring him something." 

"Dance practice?" Yoongi asks and Namjoon hums in affirmation. "Tsk, you should tell him to stop overworking himself." 

Namjoon snorts, "You're one to talk, hyung." Yoongi grumbles something and Namjoon laughs. "I'll see you soon then." 

Except, he won't. 

Namjoon hangs up and turns to Jungkook, "Everything's ready, we're leaving now, have a good night!" 

And two seconds later five young men are rushing out the door, all patting Jungkook on the back and sending him obnoxious winks. 

Jungkook rolls his eyes, they're absolutely insufferable. But he has to admit they're amazing too. He smiles fondly; he really appreciates what they're doing for him. 

The sounds footsteps disappear in no time and Jungkook is left alone in the middle of the living room. He raises both arms above his head and stretches, breathing in and out to keep himself calm while anxiety threatens to crawl all over him. 

Before he can overthink everything he goes up to his room to take care of one last detail, and then, he waits. 

 

 

Yoongi gets home and it's silent. He looks around with an eyebrow raised while taking off his shoes. No one has appeared behind a wall to greet him yet and the lights are all off. 

It's odd, wasn't he just talking with Namjoon? Why is no one home? 

He shrugs. As long as Jungkook is still in his room it should be fine, he only brought food for two anyways. 

Yoongi sets the take out containers on top of the counter in the kitchen and quickly heads upstairs. 

He thinks about knocking on Jungkook's door first, but reconsiders it and opts to change into something more comfortable before getting ready for dinner and calling the other. 

As he enters his room he's surprised by the sight in front of him; hundreds of red rose petals cover his bed and the floor, contrasting beautifully with his dark sheets and dark carpet. 

His mouth and eyes are wide and as he turns to leave, wanting to look for someone who could explain to him what was going on, he almost collides with Jungkook. 

He takes a step back, enough to see that the younger is holding a huge bouquet. The item is held in front of Jungkook's face and covers over half of it, but Yoongi can still make out his smile by the crinkling and shine of his eyes, as well as by the small bounce of Jungkook's shoulders due to his barely concealed expectation. 

Jungkook hands him the bouquet and it's so big Yoongi feels he can hide himself completely behind it. 

He looks up from behind the arrangement of flowers, small eyes barely peeking out. His cheeks are burning and he can't quite face the younger at the moment. The fluttering in his chest keeps increasing and he's afraid of the sound that'd leave his mouth if he tried to say something. 

Jungkook approaches him and caresses his cheeks with gentle fingertips, and that's all it takes for Yoongi to walk right into his arms. 

Jungkook raises Yoongi's chin with a hand and leans down for a kiss. 

Yoongi lets out a sigh as he melts against Jungkook. He can feel tingles all over him as their lips touch, ever so softly, his hands moving to circle around Jungkook's neck. 

The younger catches the flowers as Yoongi drops them, sets them blindly on Yoongi's dresser and walks the two of them towards the bed. 

Petals scatter everywhere, floating in a red mist around them as they fall against the mattress.