Chapter 11

Snippets

 

I love you

(based on the messages yoongi sent to some of the boys sometime last year and on jungkook's nonchalant reaction during the festa)

 


 

Jungkook diverts his eyes from the computer to the phone lying on the table next to his keyboard. 

In the dark room the phone screen blaringly lights up with new notifications. 

He pauses the GCF video he is working on—something he normally wouldn't do if he didn't have an idea of who could possibly be texting him—, grabs his phone and opens the messaging app. 

He scrolls through long paragraphs of heartfelt and encouraging messages, gaze softening and a wide smile making its way onto his lips; at the end, three words, I love you

Jungkook closes his eyes and lets out a contented sigh. 

He goes back to working on his video, heart light, fluttering in his chest, but also full full full. 

 

 

Jungkook types in the code to the soundproof studio. As the door closes behind him he leans against the wall, arms crossed, observing the figure working at the corner. 

With his back turned to the door and headphones on, Yoongi is completely oblivious to any outside noise and possible newcomer, and Jungkook can't help but let out a low chuckle. No wonder Yoongi is always surprised to see him there despite having given him the password to the studio years ago. 

Jungkook observes and observes and observes, minutes pass, but it could as well have been hours. He grows impatient, the affection he feels inside him bubbling uncontrollably and almost bursting through the seams. 

He walks forward in fast strides and stops right where he knows Yoongi will be able to see him in his peripheral vision. 

And Yoongi does see him, immediately setting his headphones on the desk and turning to stare at his unexpected visitor. 

Jungkook is smiling at him, eyes crinkling. He takes Yoongi by his hands, makes him stand up, and pulls him into a hug. 

Yoongi startles, but the warmth and comforting smell of recently done laundry engulfs him and he melts into Jungkooks arms, sighing loudly. 

The hold Jungkook has on him loses up a little, just enough so he can look Yoongi in the eyes and place a kiss on the side of his head. 

Redness creeps up Yoongi's neck and he ducks his head, suddenly shy. 

As Jungkook's hold tightens again Yoongi feels more than hears the younger cooing, a sort of suffering sound that'd make him laugh if only his own body wasn't also soaring with adoration. 

Without any notice Jungkook moves his arm again, takes Yoongi's chin in between his fingers. 

When Yoongi looks up at him all Jungkook can see in the pretty flush of his cheeks and the bright shine of his eyes, waiting, hoping, wanting. 

Jungkook leans down and Yoongi meets him halfway as their lips finally touch in a soft kiss.