BIRTHDAY GIFTS

ENDGAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She’d been thinking about him more often than she’d like to admit which was a much more frustrating truth than anything, considering how well of a job she’d been doing in forgetting about him. Park Chaeyoung promised she wouldn’t but it was almost as though the world itself had made a deal with the devil and somehow, wanted to get back at her for the mistakes of her past life. She’d been thinking about him, which was a treacherous act in itself to be honest, because it was too effortless for her to neglect the leery barricade she’d taken years to perfect. To see Park Chanyeol, in the fresh, was the easiest way for her to lose in life because her pellucid vision of the world turned roseate fairy quickly. 

 

She can’t help but feel some sort of an attachment towards him which was, one of the most alarming inclination. 

 

Heeled feet move on their own accord, sauntering with elegance as she takes a few steps to her mother’s clinic, only to be surprised to see her mother with some company in front of the reception. Her mother, holding a bouquet of flowers was smiling at a much younger man. 

 

Park Chanyeol. 

 

“Mum?” 

 

The older lady looks a bit guilty, as though she’d committed a sin as she quickly turns to the other, before looking back at her daughter. 

 

“Chae, what are you doing here? I thought you would still be in the office at this time?” She questions, quickly giving the flowers to the receptionist, asking for them to be put away, “… I was just going to have lunch with Chanyeol, did you want to join?”

 

“Is this the part where you explain why you two are suddenly close?” She questions, raising a brow, “… actually I was going to surprise you and see if you wanted to have lunch. I had court all day, went a little overtime so my appointments have been moved to tomorrow so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and have lunch first before preparing for the cases.” 

 

“Actually, I reached out to your mum the day after we met at the event, to congratulate your success but she requested some signed merch to give to your cousin so I thought I’d pop by in person and see how she was doing,” Park Chanyeol explains, “… but you guys can have lunch together, I’ll see you both another time.”

 

“Don’t be silly, you should join,” her mother interrupts, “… it’s fine right, Chae?”

 

All eyes are on her and she can’t help but feel the pressure to accept. 

 

“Yeah, that’s fine you came all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter