CASE CRISIS

ENDGAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol expects to see her in the vision of a woman behind her desk, immaculately dressed and composed when he walks into her office unannounced only to find the image of something further from his expectation. She’s curled against the couch in her office wearing a pair of grey tracksuit pants and an oversized cropped jumper that barely covered her belly button. His gaze remains tender, watching the way her lips parted interim perhaps mere minutes away from drooling, her forehead covered in a light glossy sheen and her hair tied messily behind her head. He notes the beauty that resonates with her side profile before noticing the way her circle shaped glasses were on the brim of falling from her face and without thinking, he gently peels it off her face, crossing them shut before putting them on the glass coffee table. Without thinking he begins to take off his hooded jacket before carefully placing it over her, watching as her expression crinkles as she mumbles something through her sleep. 

 

He finds himself frozen at the picture of her wrapped into a ball underneath his oversized jacket, the smile across his lips failing to be contained before the sound of his phone ringing seems to wake her up from her bliss. Park Chanyeol is quick to silence his phone before hearing a series of disgruntled groans from her end, eyes blinking before she rubs the back of her hand against her eyelids, hoping that it would somehow alleviate the rough feeling stinging in her ears. 

 

“Chanyeol?” He voice is groggy like an old man who smoked three packs of cigarettes every day since he was twelve, “… w—what are you doing here?” 

 

He knows that it’s only due to her tired state that she wasn’t feverishly kicking him out of her work. Her eyes are heavy as she slowly moves her body upwards, taking the hoodie and putting it on the empty space between them on the couch. 

 

“Have you not been sleeping? Why are you dressed like that?” He doesn’t answer the question, knowing well that she must’ve known that he was there for the same reason that he always tried to make time to see her, “… why don’t you go home and get some sleep I think you need it.” 

 

She remains silent for a few moments, deciphering everything that was happening in front of her. He’s staring at her with complete adoration, at the glowing freshness that engulfs her expression as she sits just inches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter