DOING WELL

ENDGAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want to come inside for a bit?” 

 

She allows a sweet giggle to sweep from her lips at the sound of him almost choking on his own breath, caught off guard by her offer as he parks by the driveway of her residences. 

 

“Y—yeah, I mean sure why not,” he attempts to redeem himself with a casual shrug, knowing well that he was failing. 

 

Park Chanyeol was the epitome of success in many ways, but when it came to her, he was always losing.

 

“Don’t look into it too much,” she warns, pointing her forefinger to the boot of his car, “… I have a lot of work and I’d appreciate your help bringing it into the house and I baked a lot of brownies the other day, you know I always do that when I’m stressed, but everyone in the office is bored of them so I figured you could take them and give them to the boys.”

 

“I haven’t tasted your baking in a while,” he lets out, watching the slight crimson flush her cheeks bleed, only momentarily before she moves her hair over her face, unhappy with the idea of giving him the satisfaction of her embarrassment, “… I’m sure the others will appreciate them too, that is, if I don’t finish them before I get them to the others.”

 

He smiles playfully, pressed lips out of habit before he feels her hitting him playfully against his arm, a comment under her breath about how her documents won’t move on their own. 

 

Park Chanyeol likes it.

 

He likes the short road to normalcy between the two, the step closer they take to being at least, in the bare minimum — civil. 

 

Masking the contentm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter