PROTECT HER

ENDGAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol thinks that it had been far too long since he’d had her in his arms. Her face is buried by his chest with nothing but the sound of breathing to be heard. He had barely slept, waking up to her fidgeting in her sleep only to snuggle closer to the warmth of his body. She makes it hard for him to sleep, especially so when small gestures make his heart feel the way that fairytales describe. How could he have let go of such a gem like her? If it were up to him, he’d hold her forever. “Chanyeol,” she murmurs in her dreaming, eyes closed. He doesn’t respond, instead bringing on hand to her back, rubbing on her gently while the other grazes against her skin, soothing her back to sleep. She used to talk a lot in her sleep and back then, it agitated him a lot. He scold her often about how her talking would interrupt his own sleep and sometimes frighten him. Though tonight, he doesn’t mind and he’ll probably dream about the way she speaks his name during her lack of consciousness when he’s gone. He thinks that things would had been easier had he not been so immature back when she was truly his. How was it possible for him to have been so unappreciative the woman in front of him? Somewhere in between the hectic idol life and the momentary satisfaction of it all, he’d lost her to something that would only leave him feel empty— and in the process, he’d lost himself too.

 

She forgets all her fears when she’s with him, safely locked between strong arms. Her troubles fade into the air, the jumble of her mind suddenly finding a piece of peace against the roaring surrounding her. She’s come to rely on him a lot, she realises and maybe for the most part, he deserves the hassle for all the chaos he’d inflicted but running to him was nothing close to a choice. Finding him in the midst of worry was instinct. He was her refuge and his arms were a home she’d denied herself of entry for far too long. Falling in love with someone like him was easy, she thinks, his charms and brief moments of gentleness was enough to even melt the coldest of people.

 

By morning, Park Chaeyoung is met with the scent of f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter