MY FOREVER

ENDGAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Chanyeol,” lips part in an interim moment, a distinct combination of both amazed yet frustrated at the great lengths that he’d taken into rearranging his room so that another double sized bed could fit for her temporary residence, “… this is too much.”

 

In the midst of the chaos around her, with work piling up and the investigation into her stalker, she hadn’t once considered the idea that he’d do anything outside his usually routine without her. He did the opposite, completely revamping the bathroom and stocking up the pantry and fridge. She notes, that the house was a lot more cleaner than it usually was, too. 

 

Brown orbs clash against in a manner that seemed a little too careful, her brain processing the great lengths he’d taken to making her stay comfortable while she was out at work for a little less than four hours due to the investigation. She takes a moment to saunter through the room, noticing the way he’d added a few finishing touches that she would never imagine someone like Park Chanyeol would waste his time on. It’s only then that he realises how much the Park Chanyeol she knew, was a completely different person. Park Chanyeol was someone who was always selfish, rarely taking time to put any effort whenever she’d used to stay the night in their dorm (because he was too lazy to drive her back when she didn’t have her licence yet). Ironically, she finds herself chuckling to herself as she remembers the way he wouldn’t even make time to bring in an extra pillow or towel. He was a different man. 

 

She hates it.

 

Park Chanyeol makes it hard for her not to indulge in the fantasy of a life together as something more than just friends. She’d promised herself a plethora of times throughout her life, that had the opportunity come for the two too reunite, that she’d politely decline, that she wouldn’t allow herself to relive the worst moments of her life a second time around. Her mother, despite truly adoring him, used to always tell her as a child that there was no room for second chances when it came to dating and after the trauma of him, he told herself that she wouldn’t disappoint and make the same mistake twice. 

 

Yet there she stood in front of the ghost of her past who was dressed in such a way that made it difficult for her to keep her promise. 

 

And just as he did before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter