I Cherish that person...

The Boy who makes my heart flutter

 

It's been a month since my confession happened, I haven't contacted Yoseob since then. Same with the rest of the members, well... not exactly, Gikwang and I exchange texts sometimes. I've been really busy with school works now, I also made some new friends and we hang out alot. I also decided to quit my part time job in Cube. It's not that I'm being bitter with what happened, it's just that I'm really getting busier and busier, day by day, that I can't even eat normally. 
 
I also heard from Jae Im hyung that Yoseob surprised Ji eun-ssi by wearing a big bear costume. Something Yoseob would really do. I'm actually trying my best to move on, but Jae Im hyung would sometimes say some things regarding Beast that will end up with Yoseob. 
 
I miss him... I miss him so much. I miss his soft black hair, his warm and caring eyes...his hearty laugh... his cute and affectionate smile, I miss seeing his passion when he's dancing, his emotions while singing.... I miss everything about him, I miss my bestfriend.
 
Here I go again. I always ended up thinking about Yoseob in the middle of the day, even before I go to sleep. Ugh.  I sounded so desperate...
 
" Hye rin-ssi someone paged you from the office.." Yesung my classmate said, breaking my reverie.
 
I looked up to her and smiled " Thank you..I'll be right back" I said standing up.
 
As I made my way to the office, I saw couple of girls peeking through the office door. I wonder who is it? I knocked. The secretary told me to come in.
 
And there they are. Gikwang, Doojoon and Junhyung smiling widely at me. I returned with a sly smile.
 
" Hye rin dongsaeng!!" Doojoon Oppa said pulling me into a hug. " I miss you~ how come you're not visiting us anymore?" He said playfully hitting my arm. 
 
Junhyung oppa hugged me too " that right, even though you're busy you should atleast stop by" He said smiling widely.
 
"I'm really sorry...I'll drop by sometimes" I said bowing to them.
 
" No! We'll celebrate Hyunseung's birthday this sunday...you have to come...it feels incomplete without you around...Dongwoon misses his little dongsaeng" Junhyung said patting my head.
 
I looked at Gikwang, he gave me his most affectionate eye smile. I playfully opened up my arms signaling him to hug me. We hugged each other, I don't want to sound erted but I  felt his abs. He pinches my cheeks after our hug ended. "I miss you" he whispered. Doojoon and Junhyung Oppa giggled.
 
"You too." I turned to look at Doojoon oppa. " Sunday? Sure, I'll be there" I shrugged.
 
" Assa!" Junhyung and Doojoon oppa threw their fist into the air. I laughed at them.
 
" By the way, Seunggi said he wants home-made cake " Gikwang said patting my head.
 
I let out a small laugh. Seriously, this is like my first time laughing and smiling genuinely since I confessed to Yoseob. Home-made cake? I'm confident to make one, Cakes and desserts are my specialty. " What flavour does he want?" I asked.
 
" Just surprise us" Doojoon oppa said smiling at me. His cellphone rang, he looked at the ringer's ID  " Boom hyung is calling, I think we need to go now guys" He faced me with apologetic eyes.  I nod at him as I gave another genuine smile.
 
" It's alright, I promise I'll be there."  
 
The days passed like a blur. I decided to make 2 layers of Red Velvet Cake for Hyunseungie, since it got great responses from my friends before, I tried my very best to make it look presentable by adding some complicated details. I'm sure they'll like this. Yoseob will like this. I smiled as I placed 'little Hyunseungie' -who is by the way, made out of sugar- in the middle of the cake. Tada~ I'm finished.
 
I honestly don't know why I feel so nervous. Maybe because it's my first time to see Yoseob again after my very stupid confession. I shouldn't have done that, I should have just hide my feeling, I should have tried to give Gikwang a chance...I shook my head, I shouldn't be thinking of this things now. I have to get ready. I took a shower and decided to wear my feminine clothes. Since I always wear jeans and shirt. I sighed as I went outside carrying the box of cake in my hand. Aish.. I feel so nervous.
 
I saw Gikwang on my way to Cube, he seems waiting for me though. I cleared my throat, he looked surprise to see me. He looked at me from head to toe and smiled. " Annyeong" He said patting my head. 
 
I removed his hands from my head "Yah~ you're ruining my hair" I said playfully hitting him on the arms. He lend out his hands, taking the cake from me. When we arrived in Cube the boys are in the middle of goofing around, I saw Dongwoonie with a birthday cap on his head, clinging into the birthday boy, Doojoon oppa who seems busy preparing the food with Boom oppa, he looked stressed like always. Jun hyung oppa is with his girlfriend Hara laughing their heads off, and Yoseob and Ji Eun sitting in the corner, obviously enjoying themselves.
 
They stopped what they're doing when we entered. Dongwoonie hugged me tight, Hyunseungie also gave me a warm hug, I greeted him, smiling widely. Doojoon and Junhyung Oppa gave me winks, I hugged Ji Eun-ssi who seems happy to see me too and Yoseob, he's looking at me with warm eyes, I gave him a genuine smile and an awkward hug.
 
" It's nice to see you all" I said bowing to them. I snatched the box of cake from Gikwang. " Happy Birthday Hyunseungie" 
 
" Hyerin-ah, Thank you, and it is nice seeing you again" He said placing the cake in the table.
 
They put 3 candles on the top of the cake, surrounding little Hyunseungie. We started singing Happy Birthday to him, and soon started taking pictures. I miss these guys so much. To see their goofiness and hear their laughter makes my heart jump in joy. 
 
"Hyerin-ah" I turned to look at Gikwang, his fingertips full of icing, I tried to shove him away but I failed miserably. They laughed at me. 
 
After we ate, the Beast boys except Hyunseung prepared a little show for him. They started dancing and singing to random songs. We the audience can't help but guffaw at them. Their closeness and silliness can clearly be seen. Gikwang lend me a hand taking me to the dance floor, I saw Yoseob dancing like crazy, our eyes met then all of a sudden he pinches my cheeks. It stopped me from dancing, I covered my face, I feel it burning.  
 
Gikwang turned me so I can face him "Are you alright?" He asked eyes full of concern. I nod my head and continued dancing. After a couple song ended, I went to get a drink.
 
Yoseob went to the stage, microphone on his hands. He cleared his throat getting all of our attention. "Uhmm.. yeah, so ah- I made a song" the guys cheered him. " it is titled, I Cherish that person" He said looking at Ji Eun, then at me...wait he looked at me? I know this song is for Ji Eun. Here we go again...endure Hyerin-ah...be strong.
 
The song starts...he closed his eyes... I closed mine too.
 
 nun tteu-neun sun-gan mal-eobt-si tteo-oh-leun sa-lam
waen-ji geu-ge joh-ah-seo geu-nyang oot-seot-jyo
ba-ppeun ha-lu-eh gab-ja-gi gung-geum-han sa-lam
ja-kku nun-eh bal-byeo-seo sin-gi-haet-jyo
    
 The person I think of wordlessly, the moment I open my eyes.
 For some reason, I liked that, so I just laughed.
 On a busy day, the person I suddenly wonder about      
She kept stepping all over my vision, so it was fascinating,
 
The melody, his soothing and lovely voice, his emotions...
 
(geu-daen-ga-yo?) nae an-eh jo-yong-ha-ge sa-neun han sa-lam
 (geu-daen-ga-yo?) geu-ge cham deun-deun-han tto han sa-lam
saeng-gak-man ha-neun-de-do nae mam man-jjok-geun
haet-sal-ih nae-li-deut tta-tteut-hae-jyeo-yo
 
(Are you that person?)That one person who lives quietly in my heart,
(Are you that person?) That one person who is so strong
Even if I just think of her, my heart becomes warm
 as if the sun is shining on it
 
I never opened my eyes, flashback starts to appear. The first time I met Yoseob, Our first time to eat ice cream together, graduation day...I shook my head, my eyes getting teary...
 
cham ah-kki-go it-jyo geu sa-lam-eul ah-kkyeo-yo
geu sa-lam-ih joh-ah-seo ah-ma-ih got-se tae-eo-nat-na-bwa
 neul sa-lang-han-dan mal eon-je-na bo-go-sip-dan mal
 geu mal-lon hang-sang bu-jok-hal-man-keum geu sa-lam-eul ah-kkyeo-yo
 
I cherish that, I cherish that person
Because I like that person, I guess that's why she was born here
The words that I love you, the words that I always miss you,
As much as these words are never enough, I cherish that person
 
I opened my eyes, I'm shocked a little cause I met his...He is looking at me with warm eyes. Soon enough his eyes shifts to Ji Eun.
 
hon-ja-it-neun bam kab-ja-gi bo-go sip-eul ttaen
ma-chi sum-eul cham-deut-si mam-ih beok-cha-jyo
gil-eul geot-da-ga gwaen-seu-le geok-jeong-ih doe-seo
bal-geol-eum-eul meom-chu-go saeng-gak-haet-jyo
 
When I’m alone at night, when I suddenly miss her,
 My heart is overflowing, as if I’m holding my breath
 As I walk the streets, because I worry about her,
my footsteps stop as I think
 
I never removed my eyes from him. He is singing it emotionally, his eyes are closed.
 
(geu-daen-ga-yo?) nae an-eh jo-yong-ha-ge sa-neun han sa-lam
 (geu-daen-ga-yo?) geu-ge cham deun-deun-han tto han sa-lam
saeng-gak-man ha-neun-de-do nae mam han-jjok-geun
haet-sal-ih nae-li-deut tta-tteut-hae jyeo-yo
 
(Are you that person?) That one person who lives quietly in my heart,
(Are you that person?)That one person who is so strong,
Even if I just think of her, my heart becomes warm
as if the sun is shining on it
 
The way he sings this makes my heart pound. We are all listening, all of our attention is on him. I steal a glance to Ji Eun and I'm surprised that she's looking at me too. Eyes full of sadness. I smiled at her, and she returned it too, then went back to look at Yoseob.
 
cham ah-kki-go it-jyo geu sa-lam-eul ah-kkyeo-yo
geu sa-lam-ih joh-ah-seo ah-ma-ih got-se tae-eo-nat-na-bwa
neul sa-lang han-dan mal eon-je-na-bo-go sip-dan mal
sa-lang-ha-gi-do mo-ja-lan nal-deul
cham ah-kki-go it-jyo geu sa-lam-eul ah-kkyeo-yo
sa-lang-han-da-neun mal-lo-neun da hal su eobt-neun so-jung-ham ih-jyo
geu sa-lam gyeot-eh-seo jam-deul-go kkael su it-da-myeon
 nae mo-deun-geol da sseo-do doel-man-keum
geu sa-lam-eul ah-kkyeo-yo
 
I cherish that, I cherish that person
 Because I like that person, I guess she was born in this spot
The words that I love you, the words that I always miss you,
The days that aren’t enough to love you
I cherish that, I cherish that person
Saying I love you is a preciousness I can do nothing about
 If only I could fall asleep and wake up by her side
As much as my everything can be used,
I cherish that person
 
He finished the song with his eyes still closed, and when he opened it. Our eyes met again. his eyes have this feeling of guilt and sadness... Yoseob-ah why?