The real story behind this mask

yulyulk is typing...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

One month later after Yoona’s birthday, the girl has felt her affections towards Yuri has expanded even greater.

As they say,

“Sometimes the perfect person for you is who you least expected it to be.”

Yoona just felt happy listening to Yuri’s voice over the phone and when the latter sent her something that included her face, it was basically receiving an early Christmas present. However, all of that love-struck doesn’t overcome the guilt Yoona deals with. She is having trouble coming up with a plan to confess to Yuri but to also tell her she has been catfished the whole time. She better think of something quick before Yuri falls for Krystal’s appearance with Yoona’s personality.


 

“Any luck lately with your boyfriend hunt?” Yuri asked.

“Didn’t I tell you I was done with that?”

“Oh sorry, I forgot”

“No, it’s fine”

“So does that mean you have no one is your mind right now?”

“Well…” Yoona chuckled.

“You do don’t you? Who is it?!” Yuri began to get excited.

“I can’t tell you”

“Wae? Why not?”

“You never told me yours”

“Aish, I’ll tell you mine then if you tell me yours”

“Hmm deal”

“You go first”

“Omg I didn’t plan on confessing today”

Yuri giggled, “It’s okay, go on. Take your time if you need to”

Yoona was feeling very confident today. She took in a deep breath and let out her words, “It’s you. I like you”

Yuri was quite surprised and shyly gave out an awkward chuckle, “Really?”

“Yes,” Yoona felt her atmosphere was getting a bit hotter.

“Wow, I didn’t expect that at all. What made you fall in love with me? I thought you were positive you didn’t like girls?”

“I-I don’t know… you’re just special. Are you okay with my confession?”

“Of course, it won’t change our friendship at all”

“Well you haven’t told me the one that’s in your mind yet”

“Oh yeah, her names Jessica. She’s my ex”

Yoona’s heart was fragile as a plate after hearing Yuri’s words and had shattered into many pieces.

“Why is your ex still in your mind?” Yoona questioned in a weak tone.

“I really miss her”

“B-But wasn’t she the one who cheated on you?”

“Yeah but there’s a part of me that says she still loves me”

Yoona stayed silent as tears were slowly creeping to fall out of her eyes.

Is this how it feels to be rejected by someone you love? -Yoona thought about Krystal.


 

“I confessed, but she had someone else in her heart…” Yoona sadly explained.

“Aww Yoona, it’s okay” Jessica reached out to hug the latter.

“Yuri said her name was Jessica. She even has the same name as you which makes me hate you a little bit” Yoona jokingly said.

Jessica was shocked by the sudden news.

“Hey I’m just joking” She slapped the girl’s arm to get her attention, “But I can’t believe she is still falling for a person who cheated on her once already. I must find out who this Jessica girl is cause she is dead to me!” Yoona exclaimed.

The latter didn’t speak a single word.

“Jessica” Yoona called.

“Yes?” She snapped out of her thoughts.

“Why aren’t you responding?”

“Sorry, I was thinking about something”

Yoona pouted, “I really had my hopes that she would have feelings for me too”

“Don’t lose hope, I have an instinct she will”

“But Jessica, I have to tell you something” Yoona started.

“What is it?” She sat next to the girl on the couch.

“Umm…” Yoona hesitated, “Uhh”

Jessica was impatient, “Yah tell me already”

“I’ve been lying to Yuri”

“How so?”

“She asked me for a photo of myself and I didn’t know what to do so I sent her a picture of Krystal instead”

Jessica’s eyes instantly widened, “You used Krystal’s photos telling her it was you?!”

“Yeah, I didn't think it would turn out so bad but now... I don’t know how to tell her it’s not me”

“You pabo” Jessica smacked the girl’s forehead.

“Hey!” Yoona responded.

“What are you gonna do now?”

“I don’t know”

“How long has this gone for?”

“A few months”

Jessica shook her head, “There is no way Yuri won’t be mad at you for this. How do you expect her to fall in love with you now”

“Unnie! What do I do?” Yoona cried for help.

“Aish, why are you so stupid? This is why you should always ask me before you do some nonsense like this and then running to me for help”

“Please help me” Yoona pouted and begged with her puppy eyes while tuggi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter