No Longer Desperate

yulyulk is typing...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Yoona saw a paragraph that was just sent by Krystal. She sighed and opened the message.

 

“I’m so sorry Yoona, knowing how self-conscious you are about yourself, I shouldn’t have done those things that I did. It was very selfish of me and I know you will never trust me ever again the same way as you did before. I don’t need you to accept my confession, all I wish is for us to stay as friends. I’m worried about you, please call me…”

 

Yoona wasn’t expecting to be emotional again. She gave herself a minute and decided to call the girl. Yoona pursed her lips as she waited for the other end to pick up.

“Hello…?” Krystal softly answered.

“Krystal… I forgive you”

“Really...?”

“Yes”

“Thank you so much” She sincerely said.

“You mean a lot to me, I don’t want to lose you from a stupid fight”

Yoona heard the latter was sobbing, “I don’t either, do you know how much I missed you the past few days?”

“Aww Krystal, please don’t cry anymore. You’re going to make me cry if you continue”

Krystal gave a weak chuckle and sniffed, “I’m sorry, I won’t”


 

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon when Yoona was walking down the streets to their local coffee shop.

The girl was wearing a pair of high waisted jeans, a simple white top and of course her tinted black glasses to cover herself from society.

When she walked inside the building, she noticed a handsome gentleman smiling at her from across the room. She smiled back and waved at him as she ambles her way towards the latter.

“Hey” She took a seat.

“Hey, you look gorgeous”

Yoona blushed, “T-Thank you, you look good too” She complimented shyly.

Kai chuckled, “Well thank you. Do you want me to order anything for you?”

“It’s okay, I don’t want anything”

“Oh okay. Do you want to take a walk at the park later? It’s such a beautiful day”

Yoona gently nodded showing a sign that she was nervous.

“Don’t be scared, just act normally” Kai assured her with a charming smile.

“So Krystal told me you were looking for a boyfriend”

Yoona’s eyes widened, “Did she?” The girl felt embarrassed.

“Yeah, when she showed me your photos I was instantly hooked. You are strangely gorgeous”

“Strangely?” Yoona repeated nervously.

“Please don’t take it the wrong way, I meant you have a beauty that differs from everyone else which caught my eyes”

“Oh” Yoona’s cheeks turned red, “I’ve never heard anyone tell me that” She had adjusted her hair to the back of her ears.

Kai grinned, “So how did you meet Krystal?”

“We take the same course in university”

“Ohh what do you want to become?”

“An actress hopefully, how about you?”

“That’s cool, I want to be a dance teacher”

“I’ve seen the videos of you dancing, you’re amazing at it”

“Thank you, I've been dancing since I was really young”

“Oh, I see” Yoona was focused on her phone.

“Do you like to dance?”

Yoona was busy texting, “Mmh, I can dance but I wouldn’t say I can dance well”

“You gotta show me some of your moves then,”

“Yeah”

“Who are you texting that is more intriguing than me?” Kai jokingly asked.

“My friend” Yoona grinned when she read a funny message from Yuri.

“Oh…” Kai awkwardly took a sip of his coffee.

“Sorry, tell me more about yourself” Yuri placed her phone down.

 

Through this date, Yoona didn’t find anything that caught her interest. She just wanted it to end quickly so she can go home and do what she normally does which is only watching Korean dramas while bingeing on food and texting Yuri.

 

“Shall we go to the park now?” Kai stood up.

“I’m sorry Kai, this date was lovely but I think I’m going to have to leave this for now”

“Was it because of me? Did I do something that got you uninterested?”

“No no, please don’t think that. I’m just tired. Maybe we can set up another date in the future”

“Okay I guess, sounds good”

“I’ll see you then”

“See you too, bye”

After Yoona had bid her goodbyes to Kai, she left the building feeling relieved that it ended.


 

“How did the date with Kai go?” Krystal asked.

“It was alright,” Yoona said while searching through a pile of clothes.

“Do you think you would wanna go on another date with him?”

“Um... I don’t know”

“Really? Wasn’t he nice though?”

“Yeah he was very nice but I just don’t feel like doing it again”

“Well if you’re not interested in Kai then I got another friend that you might be”

“I don’t think I want to date anyone right now”

“Wait, why?”

“I don’t have that much commitment anymore. I used to just want a boyfriend so we could do cute things together but I don’t want to go through heartbreak and depend on them for happiness”

“Wow Yoona, you’ve really changed a lot through these past few days”

“Yeah, Yuri helped me realize the consequences of being in a relationship”

“Yuri…?”

“Yeah she was cheated on and what if my partner cheats on me too? Yuri is such a sweet person, if someone would cheat on her then imagine what my partner would do to me”

Whenever she speaks of that Yuri girl, it’s always something nice. I’ve never heard Yoona talked bad about her. -Krystal thought.

“Everyone is different though, you can’t just say that”

“I know but I’m over it”

“You’re no longer desperate for a boyfriend now?”

“Yup. However, I’m desperate to find a hoodie!” Yoona groaned, “Ugh I can’t find one that I like”

Krystal giggled, “I’m sure you’ll find one in this mall, let’s go”

 

“What kind of hoodie are you trying to look for?” Krystal asked.

“Just a plain hoodie with a simple design”

“Ah, I know what you mean”

Whenever Krystal had suggested a hoodie to the latter, she always refused.

“If you keep saying no to everything, you will never find one” Krystal exclaimed tiredly.

“I know I know, but I want something worth wearing forever”

“Let’s continue searching then”

In the end, the girls failed to find a hoodie that Yoona was satisfied with.

“Sorry Yoona, maybe next time”

“It’s okay, it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter