Chapter nine : Christmas plans

What the war did

Jungkook

 

Time started to feel like an blurry concept, I stop tracking days like I used to, I hadn’t seen sun for a while, and I had to take pills to have some vitamine D.

I had started to write a journal, and then I had stopped to just write songs about everything I could, maybe some day I could turn into a singer again. I would sing about the war, the hiding, the fear, about Eunae, or as I called her in my song, the girl that keeps me standing.

She hadn’t came back, but sometimes I had news. From Mrs Han mostly, but sometimes also from unexpected people, like from Taehyung’s mom.

She came to visit around Christmas, she brought us gifts, and a bit of christmas joy. She described the snow outside, the kids building snow mans, and she told us about the Christmas party of the force, of course it wasn’t really a christmas party, that was cover for a new important meeting, but they had put on nice lights, decorate the room, and everyone had dressed up.

 

"Even the twin girls were there, she said, they looked quite nice didn’t they Mrs Han ?

  • Oh, yeah, Mrs Han blushed, everyone did really, nothing special about the twins.

  • Oh but they were really pretty, Eunae had this long silver dress, and her hair were curled and long. She looked so beautiful, I could already picture her at her wedding day

  • Wedding day, I whispered.

  • Oh I know it’s war and everything, she keeps saying she’s too busy to date but still, at her age she should be having fun not working in that horrible hospital, Mrs Kim sighed, oh and her shoes...

  • Was her twin there too ? Namjoon asked, Eunmi ?"

 

I looked over to Jimin pretending like he didn’t cared when he had been dying to ask the question himself.

 

"Oh yes, Eunmi, she was wearing a... Blue,navy blue right Mrs Han ?

  • Yes, she looked awkwardly at us, this must be boring... The guys don’t want to hear about that stuff.

  • No, carry on mom, Taehyung said, it’s nice, it’s like we were there to see...

  • Well, Mrs Kim smiled and giggled, Eunmi danced with this really wonderful young man, I can’t remember his name, he is a spy in the police like you Mrs Han. What’s his name just tell me... Hm... Wasn’t it something like... Jae... Im Jae...?Officer...

  • Officer Im Jae Bum, Mrs Han finally said.

  • That’s right ! He couldn’t take his eyes of her ! She was stunning in that dress so I can’t see why he wouldn’t, Mrs Kim giggled, oh youth... I wish I was young again ! Oh those two are so pretty, tonight they really were. How come they don’t date anyone ? D’you think the force is planning on using them as spies ?

  • No, Mrs Han sighed, wasn’t there anything more interesting about the meeting than the twin’s dresses ?

  • Well, mostly old people eating and drinking. What about you guys ? Planning something for christmas ?

  • It’s not like we could have any guests...

  • Oh but, why don’t we organize a little party here ? It could be fun, Mrs Han said, I’d invite some young people from my office.

  • Oh invite officer Im, Mrs Kim said, I’m sure the girls will like him."

 

Mrs Han sighed, apparently it wasn’t easy making Mrs Kim shut up.

I looked at the ceiling as she kept talking about who should come to "our" party. And I wondered if maybe, Eunae would come.

 

"Let’s do it.

  • What ? Yoongi asked.

  • Have a Christmas party, with people from above. It would keep everyone down here busy, and it could help the kids that are hiding, it would feel like a real christmas."

 

And so, it was a thing, we were having a pary.

 

Jimin

 

I went to this room again. Kihong was here, training for some new fights. I sighed, I had got used to his weird habits.

 

"Why are you sad kid ?

  • I’m not sad I’m just.. Confused.

  • Confused ?

  • Yes, aren’t you ever confused ?

  • I only know what I have to do.

  • I wish I knew too.

  • What is it ?

  • There’s this... thing, a party, for christmas.

  • Yeah, so ?

  • Well, to put it simple, everyone I know is going to be there, and among all those people the girl that likes me will be there, and I’ve promised her that maybe as a Christmas gift I’d... reconsider being with her.

  • Oh, is that the girl that’s your neighbor ?

  • Yes.

  • The you like to  ?

  • Yeah.

  • But you don’t with her anymore.

  • No.

  • But do you miss her ?

  • Well I just miss , but her not so much.

  • So you’re sad because you don’t miss her ?

  • No, I’m sad because it’s Christmas and I wish I could see the girl I like and... well, ask her to reconsider being with me.

  • Well, what wouldn’t she come ?

  • Because she hates me.

  • It’s Christmas, it’s a time for forgiveness, I always tell that to my kid, new year is coming you’ve got to.... FIGHT ! I NEED TO FIGHT ! YOU ! COME HERE !!"

 

I jumped out of his way before he got his hands on me, and he started shaking and screaming as his colar electrocuted him. I got out and wiped away the sweat from my forehead.

 

"He... Did he just talked about his kids ? Did he ever did that before ?

  • He only said he had some, Doctor Lee said, he never talked about them as person ! Oh my god ! This is so great ! He’s making progress ! This is all thanks to you !"

 

She huged me and for a minute I laughed with her.

 

"Oh..."

 

She got away.

 

"Sorry. So... Christmas party huh ?

  • Yeah...

  • You seemed pretty confused down here, about your choices in women.

  • I forgot you listen to that part too..

  • Hey, I’ve been there, she laughed, being young isn’t easy, being young in love is even worse, and at war, hell you must be cursed !

  • I think so too, I smiled, what would you do if she were me ?

  • What ?

  • Would you keep fighting for this girl ? Or would you let it go and start something with the new one ?

  • Which one do you love ?

  • I don’t know.

  • Well figure that out, and when you know you’ll have your answer."

 

Jungkook

 

"Hey, how do I look ?"

 

I smiled looking at her showing off.

 

"D’you think I look hot ? Should I … Hit on some hot new guy ?

  • You can try, I laughed, but the dress is nice, it fits you.

  • Thanks. What about you ? Did you tried your suit on ?

  • Yes, it’s great.

  • Guess we’ll both be looking pretty hot. You need to save me a dance.

  • I’d love to."

 

Yuri smiled and looked at herself again in the miror.

Someone knocked.

 

"It’s Suhee, can I come in ?

  • Sure. Come in, Yuri screamed.

  • Oh Jungkook you’re here, Suhee said coming in.

  • Well it’s my room.

  • How come you’re the only one with a big mirror ? Do I look like you’d bang me ?

  • Hey, Yuri said pushing her a little.

  • I’m just asking because of Jimin.

  • Oh, are you guys a thing again ? I asked.

  • Not yet but I have big plans for tonight. So Jungkook do I look hot enough ?

  • Could you have a bigger clivage ?"

 

She sighed, not amused by my joke since her clivage was already pretty revealing.

 

"Well if it doesn’t work you can go after officers, there’s a few young guys coming I heard.

  • That’s right, Yuri giggled, Haneul and I are looking for some new friends, why aren’t you ?

  • Well I’m still hoping, but I will cheer you on."

 

Eunae

 

I sighed curly the ends of my hair and wondered if this was really all necessary, but rejecting Mrs Kim’s offer had just been too hard, the little lady was just way too excited about this.

I looked at the new dress I had exchanged for the one I had with a nurse at the hospital. This one was red, it was short and made mostly out of soft material, leaving my legs to anyone’s sight, the fit was perfect. And I had a perfect pair of heels to go with it.

 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0705/4263/products/01-24.jpg?v=1502283526

 

 

"Are you ready ? I yelled to be heared.

  • Almost ! I need you to zip my dress !"

 

I went to Eunmi’s room and smiled. She was wearing a pinky lilac dress that huged her waist perfectly, the clivage was appropriate yet still very y and I smiled.

 

https://www.vestry.com/images/products/5278/imageMed_85.jpg

 

"I like this dress, can I borrow it some time ?

  • Well you’re going to need to ask Dr Jiwon’s sister.

  • So, you and Dr J huh... Does he knows about Officer Im ?"

 

She gave me a hateful look that made me laugh.

 

"You aren’t dating any of them.

  • Exactly.

  • And you don’t think about it ?

  • No.

  • So why are you flirting with them ?

  • Because it feels nice and it’s fun.

  • If you say so.

  • Hey don’t try to teach me about life, I don’t say a word about how you live your life, you let me live mine the way I want."

 

I sighed, I left to arrange my makeup one last time and then I shivered looking at the pills on the table. She had almost quit. Almost. Just like she almost didn’t screamed every single night.

Why after all this time were we still so scared ?

 

"Let’s go I don’t want to be late."

 

I took my coat and followed Eunmi outside.

 

"God it’s cold."