Chapter twenty : How it ends

What the war did

*

 

 

It had been four months since I was outside again, and I had had my last session with the psychologist. It felt like I was finally free. I knew I would never really be free of my fears, it just wasn’t possible for me, but I had accept to live with my fears, and love my weaknesses, and accept that sometimes, others could help me carry the burden on my shoulders. Others like my date for the night.

 

I found Eunae at a tiny restaurant that had just opened, there wasn’t a lot of restaurant in our neighberhood, so we wanted to support them and went there at least once a month.

I sat at the table, she smiled, she had made herself pretty since I told her it was sisters date night. We were both wearing dresses, a long one for her, a short one for me.

 

"I still can’t belive you’re keeping your bangs, she said, I just can’t get used to this, you don’t look like me anymore, it’s weird not to see my face everytime I look at you !

  • Well, I like the bangs. They’re staying. I can’t believe Jungkook and you are so close to a year of relationship.

  • I can’t believe it either. It’s great, she smiled, it’s like... everytime I look at him, my heart feels full. I feel so peaceful, it’s just.. perfect.

  • Yeah I can hear that."

 

She kicked me under the table, her cheeks blushing a little and I giggled.

 

"I’m kidding, I can barely hear anything, nothing like the shelter.

  • God, could the walls have been thiner ? I mean we might have pretended but there was NO privacy.

  • I’m glad we have an appartement now.

  • Speaking of, she smiled, I saw Jimin coming out of your room last night.

  • Don’t you guys ever sleep ? This time it was my turn to blush.

  • Did something happened ?

  • Something may have happened.

  • What happened ?

  • Something.

  • Something like a physical contact ?"

 

I kicked her under the table and she giggled.

 

"We didn’t had , if that’s what you’re asking, seeing her face I laughed, don’t look so disapointed. We talked, and we spend part of the night in the same bed. We’ve been... Doing that, for some time.

  • So you feel comfortable with him ?

  • I do, honestly, I think I would be ok with having with him right now but...

  • But ?

  • But I’d like it to be special. I don’t want our relationship to be a mess like before. I want something real. Like what Jungkook and you have."

 

She looked surprised, but she smiled and took my hand in hers.

 

"Listen, as flattered as I am that you think of us as... your modele, what you and Jimin have is different, love is unique to every couple, and trust me, what you two have, is very much real. It’s different, and it’s beautiful. I hope, some day, you can see that too."

 

 

*

 

Jungkook

 

"Baby, we should probably go now, if we don’t want to be late.

  • I’m coming !"

 

Eunae went out of the bathroom and I couldn’t help but hold my breath for a second.

 

"How do I look ?

  • You look..."

 

She was wearing a silver long dress that was hugging her curves and emphasized her four months baby bump. She had started showing pretty early on. I put a hand on her belly and smiled, looking at her face, she was wearing a small amount of makeup, but she could have gone bare faced, I would still have thought she was the most beautiful women in the world.

 

"You look stunning honey."

 

She blushed a little.

 

"You guys are creeping me out, Eunmi’s voice said from behind.

  • Well I won’t apologize for loving my beautiful wife, I said with a smile turning towards Eunmi.

  • Why are you here again ? Eunae asked, couldn’t you have went with Jimin first and left a husband and his wife enjoy this moment together ?

  • You wouldn’t dare kick a pregnant women out would you ?"

 

We both giggled, and knowing Eunmi was too shy to ask I got closer and gave her my hand.

 

"Your highness might want a hand out of the couch ? I said while bending.

  • Yes please, she whispered grabbing my hand."

 

Her dress was black but it was shinning like a night full of stars – according to Eunae, everytime the light hit it. Her baby bump was a little less obvious in that dress, but since she was just like Eunae showing quite a bit, everyone would still see she was pregnant.

 

"Ok ladies, I smiled gaving them both my arms, time to go watch Jimin give a speech in front of a lot of old people."

 

*

 

Jimin

 

I opened my eyes and smiled, Eunmi was sitting on the bed, her hands on her belly, with this very stupid yet cute smile on her face.

 

"Is she kicking ?

  • Quite a lot, she looked at me, you can see her little feets under my skin."

 

I leaned in and kissed her belly, and after that I just watched our daughter put on a show for us, the thin skin moving as she moved.

We hadn’t really planned to have a baby, but things happen, and the fact that Eunae was pregnant at the same time as Eunmi was just too incredible to ignore. Was it a twin thing or simply life blessing us all for all the pain we had overcome ?

Eunmi had barely started to work again that she had had to stop because of her pregnancy, but I didn’t cared, if she wanted too, she could never work again, I had a new career.

Jungkook too had found his career, but not in politic, he had decided at first to only do volunteer work at a school for orphans, and after a while, he took advanced classes, worked his out and became a teacher. His project was to open his own school for all the kids that had lost everything during the war, and I had loaned him the money to do it, because I knew thanks to him my daughter would not only have the best uncle in the world but also the best teacher in the world.

 

My phoned beeped and I red the text, very short as always, from Namjoon, and I smiled.

 

"What is it ? Eunmi asked.

  • Namjoon said yes.

  • He will do it ?

  • Yeah, I smiled even more touching Eunmi’s belly, he’s gonna be your godfather. And he will spoil you and try to make you rebel against us, but you can’t listen to him, because he is kinda dumb and he breaks a lot of stuff, but he will protect you and love you as much as we do, yes yes yes.

  • We can announce it to Eunae and Jungkook, let’s go "

 

She got up and I laughed watching her try to get her clothes from her floor.

 

"Wait, I said, I’ll help you."

 

*

 

Eunae

 

I watched my baby move his arm and hit my with his tiny fist, I slowly kissed him on the forehead and sighed, three days old, and I still couldn’t believe he was in my arms.

His little eyes opened and I laughed, starting to cry from happiness again for the millionth time this day.

 

"Hi baby, hi Myungki,this is me, mommy...

  • Is mommy ok with me holding my nephew ?"

 

I smiled and looked up at Jimin standing in the door frame. He looked exhausted, but his little grin still made me a little bit annoyed.

 

"Sure, I said, if you have to."

 

I let him hold Myungki and he smiled.

 

"Hello little buddy, he said, you are so cute and precious do you know that ?

  • He is isn’t he ?

  • He looks like Myunghee tho. Are you sure he is yours ? I mean Myunghee could use a twin.

  • I think you’ve held him long enough."

 

 

He giggled and sat on the bed next to me.

 

"How are you feeling ?

  • Tired ? I said, Happy, full, sad, lost, there’s just so much and.. I started sobing,and I just keep crying all the ing time...

  • It’s alright, he laughed, Eunmi cries all the time too.

  • Is she alright ?

  • A bit overwhelmed I guess, but she is so happy, Myunghee is just so perfect. We can’t wait for you to see her.

  • Well I would have if someone hadn’t decided to have a home birth.

  • Yeah well, Eunmi didn’t felt like being stuck in a hospital again.

  • Yeah I can understand that, I smiled and took back my baby, did you saw Jungkook ?

  • Yes downstairs, he noded, he looks like he is high, I guess happiness makes you feel that way. I just came by to see how you and my favourite nephew were, he got up, you’re coming back tomorrow right ?

  • I am.

  • Well then I’m going to let you rest,and go back to my little family, see you tomorrow.

  • See you tomorrow. Tell Eunmi that I love her ! And tell it to Myunghee too !

  • I will."

 

* * *

 

THE END

 

* * *