Chapter nineteen : I see you

What the war did

Jimin

 

I went to her room again, but when I got there I was surprised that there was nothing for us to communicate. I ran to the video room, I checked her room’s screen and I started shaking.

 

"Where is she ? I asked the guardian.

  • I... I don’t know, I’m new I...

  • There was a girl in that room ! Where did she go ?! What happened ?!

  • I’m sorry you... You should ask the doctors ..

  • WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER ?!"

 

I grabbed his shirt and left him of his chair, he kept stupidly shaking his head.

 

"Let go of him Jimin please.

  • Doctor... What happened ?! Don’t you dare lie to me.

  • I won’t, please, let go of Mr Goo, and I will tell you."

 

I let go of the guardian who looked kinda terrified, but I didn’t cared. I went to the doctor, waiting for my answer.

 

"She changed room, that is all.

  • Why would she change room ?

  • She asked us to.

  • Why ?! Don’t avoid my question damn it !

  • She was ready to leave, and she asked to see you. In person.

  • To.. see me ?

  • In her new room, please, follow me."

 

I followed him through a long hallway, we weren’t in the same section anymore, this place was lighter, bigger, painted, it looked like a regular building’s wall, and the doors looked like appartement’s doors.

We got to room C 103.

 

"Please, he said, after you."

 

I knocked three times.

 

"Come on in."

 

Her voice was a bit strange, maybe fear ? Anxiety ?

I opened the door, the room was much bigger than I had imagined, there was a desk, and I small library, and near the bed, she was standing. On both of her legs, wearing a simple jean and a simple white shirt. Her hair had been brushed, and her bangs looked much cuter on the light. Her hair were still a bit messy tho, they had grown much longer than when I last saw her, they were reaching the lowest point of her back now.

 

"It is you, she said."

 

I smiled, I couldn’t help it, all my doubts about her, all my fears, it went away. There was really only one thing to do. I made a step towards her, and she ran to jump in my arms. Her body against mine, her arms wrapped around me, her face hidding in my neck.

 

"I’ve missed you so much, I whispered.

  • I know, I’ve missed you too... Her voice cracked from the crying.

  • What decided you to come out ?

  • Honestly... Being dead  !"

 

We stayed like this for a while, only hugging, and crying a little.

This time she was the one asking questions.

 

"So the war really ended ?

  • Yes, a few weeks after...

  • My death ?

  • Yes.

  • And what happened to you ? All of you ?

  • Well, at first we had to stay underground, we had to wait a few months before all human experimentation was condamned and it was safe for us to leave. Jungkook and Eunae went their own way to live together, I’m staying with Taehyung.

  • What about Yoongi and Hoseok ? And Jin ? They didn’t died right ?

  • No, they’re all fine, I smiled, Namjoon left to look for his sister, and he found her, so he is living in Busan now.

  • That’s great, he found her.

  • He always said he would, I sighed.

  • Does Eunae still work at the hospital ?

  • No, you don’t know this but she was injured the same day as you died. Well, not died but...

  • Just say died, it’s faster. Is she alright ?

  • She is, I took Eunmi’s hand in mine, though she’ll be much better when she sees you. She stopped working after that day, and since she was a nurse and a great help for the force she has been given a paid vacation, for all she did.

  • That’s great.

  • You’ll have it too, and as a prisoner of war you’ll get even more money.

  • Great, she sighed, like that’s what I want.

  • What do you want Eunmi ? Do you want to get out of here ? You could come live with me, Taehyung would be more than happy to have you.

  • I don’t know, I still need to do a few tests here, and... I think I need to talk with Eunae first.

  • I’ll bring her here. I promise. But.. It’s weird to go home and know you’re here, alone...

  • I’m not alone, she smiled, trust me, I know what being alone means now."

 

I wish I could have kissed her, it was the only thing I wanted to do, but I controled myself, it was incredible enough that I could see her.

 

"You know, she said, I had plenty of time to think about us here.

  • Us ?

  • Yes, you, me, the way we both handled things. I feel so stupid now. I can’t ever imagine... what my life would be without you.

  • You don’t have to imagine, it will never, ever, happen."

 

Eunmi

 

I sat down on the chair, the nurse had agreed to help me look fresh, she had even brought her makeup. She only put on some Bbcream and helped me braid my hair , Jimin had brought me clothes from Eunae so I wouldn’t have to wear the same white shirt and jeans outfit everyday. I knew it was part of his plan to get me out by showing me what I was missing. And I was starting to miss shopping a little.

I was wearing an oversized grey shirt that had the Nasa logo on it tucked in a black denim skirt. I definitely felt closer to myself in that outfit, it only missed white sneakers, but I was only aloud to wear socks in here.

The nurse let me judge the results of her work after a few minutes, she hadn’t done much, but at least I didn’t looked like a ghost anymore.

She left right after and a few minutes later, I heard knocks on my door.

 

"It’s us, Jimin’s voice said.

  • Come on in, I said with a shivering voice."

 

He came in easily, but for Eunae, it took time. At first I thought she wasn’t here, she was hidden behind Jungkook, and she was looking at me.

She looked more like herself too, she had eyeliner on for the first time in...well, a long time, she was wearing a blue dress with a leather jacket, with a ponytail.

 

"Hi, I said."

 

She ran and she huged me, and I huged her back.

 

We had a long talk after Jimin left us alone, about everything we had felt, about how she thought I was dead, how I thought I was dead, but we also talked about Jungkook and her, what it meant to her to be with the love of her life. We talked about Jimin, about the force, about our future.

We decided I would go live with her and Jungkook as soon as I could get out of here.

 

*

 

I left the lab two weeks later, I still had appointments with a psychologist above, I would go twice a week for a month, and later, we would reduce to once a week if everything was fine.

Living with Jungkook and Eunae was fun, I was used to having Jungkook around anyway, and he slowly got used to having a living copy of his girlfriend sleeping in the next room.

He told me he had guessed I was the one that had broke his heart at Christmas, he only guessed it later after thinking of it, but he promised he wasn’t holding any grudge against me.

Jungkook... He wasn’t much of a cooker, and I guessed from both Eunae and Jungkook that they were glad I was the one in charge of food, since at first my internal clock was pretty messed up, I would cook all night long and sleep during the day, I cooked in advance every meal of the week.

Jimin would come and visit very often, so often it started to look like he wasn’t even leaving the house but rather leaving his stuff behind, just to have an excuse to come back. The three of us pretended we didn’t noticed.

Taehyung was the first to visit with Jimin, and while Jimin was at work, I actually spend a lot of time with Taehyung since I didn’t felt like asking for Eunae and Jungkook’s attention all the time, they had a couple life to live afterall.

Yoongi came too, Hoseok even brought flowers, Jin made us cake, and Namjoon visited with his sister. At that point the house was pretty crowded with Namjoon, his sister in the guest bed room, Eunae and Jungkook in their room and Jimin on the couch of the living room.

For that time I slept on a matress in Eunae’s room, and for a while, it felt like old times. Which made us all both anxious and nostalgic.