Nine

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week passed by and finally Minho is allowed to discharge from the hospital.

 

Minho did not utter a single word on the way home and all he was doing is staring into space outside the car window throughout the way back home.  

 

Sooyoung tried to engage the conversation with her son but Minho was still impassive.

 

Giving up, Sooyoung fought back her tears and she looked away to the opposite side of the car window, making the rest of the way home fell into a complete silence.

 

Reaching home, Minho quietly trapped himself inside his bedroom.

 

“We are home honey.” Sooyoung told her husband over the phone. “But he is locking himself up in the room since then.”

 

“Let him be Sooyoung. He’ll be fine in time.” Siwon told his wife.

 

Silence filled them for awhile before Sooyoung started talking again.

 

“Honey do you know that Yunho is having twins?” Sooyoung asked, sniffing then and now while having a piece of tissue in her hand. “Minho and I just saw Jinri’s twin another day. And I really thought she was Jinri.”

 

“Well....when Yunho and I were still friends, I heard from him that another twin was heavily sick back then and she was immediately sent abroad to undergo a surgery. She had been living there with Taeyeon’s sister since then to treat her illness.” Siwon answered then he paused for awhile, “Minho must’ve been in shock and thought his lover was back to life.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head as if Siwon could see her. “Minho could differentiate them. I was in utter surprise because I really couldn’t tell their difference.” Sooyoung sobbed again. “You know this is upsetting me even more. Minho had loved the girl this much to be able to know that.”

 

“Sooyoung....not again.” Siwon wasn’t please to hear that again. He heaved a sigh. “I have to hang up now. Contact me right away if there is something wrong with Minho. See you later.”

 

Sooyoung said bye to her husband and ended the call. Sooyoung started crying again until she was tired and decided to take a nap for awhile.

 

Sooyoung woke up an hour later and the first thing she did is to check on Minho in his room. She knocked many times but there was no answer. She went in and to her horror Minho was not inside.

 

Sooyoung panicked and was about to deal Siwon’s number when she saw a yellow-note on the table. She picked it up quickly and read word by word with huge relief washed over her.

 

 

**********

 

 

Minho came to visit Jinri cremation.

 

“I’m really a coward. It took me for awhile to finally visit you. I’m sorry love and I miss you so much.” Minho said softly, staring at Jinri’s picture.

 

Jinri was all smiling and bright in the picture. Minho stared at it and a sad smile gradually touched his lips. Every facial expression of Jinri was always very familiar to him.

 

Minho remember every little things about her in his heart. From her soft expression, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter