Seven

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung caressed Minho’s head as she watched him in the deep sleep. It’s been another rough month since Minho was awake from his coma and for the entire month her son is completely in terrible condition.

 

Even despite Minho is getting back healthy physically but for mentally he’s not. Every night Minho has to be given extra medication to make him fall asleep. And worse, there were nights he’d suddenly wake up and scream for Jinri or during the day he’d be constantly spacing out like a lifeless person.

 

Minho is no longer the lively child he used to be. It breaks Sooyoung’s heart to see her precious son is being this miserable and as a mother she couldn’t do anything to help him.

 

“I’m really scared, Siwon.” Sooyoung uttered softly as she turned to face her husband.

 

“Sooyoung, he’s going to be fine.” Siwon said.

 

“He’s not.” Sooyoung said and she started sobbing softly. “Minho....he loves her very much. He’s already falling into a deep depression. He lives with the help of medication everyday. I’m really afraid that he might give up one day. He likely doesn’t have his own will to continue on anymore.”

 

“Sooyoung please....” Siwon almost begged his wife to stop talking. “Can we not talking about this?”

 

“You know what?” Sooyoung still continued, ignoring Siwon’s word. She turned to face sleeping Minho. “Even though I didn’t want Minho to be with her, but I have to admit that Jinri....she was such a nice girl. Every time I saw her, she was always respectful and very sweet to me.” Sooyoung smiled bitterly. “If only I knew she had this kind of cruel fate....if only I knew our Minho would become like this after losing her, I would never try to break them apart.”

 

“It’s too late for any regrets now Sooyoung. I’d prefer you to be grateful instead that Minho is still alive.” Siwon said with a grimace before leaving the room.

 

 

**********

 

 

It’s been 2 months since Jinri has been gone. And Yoona finally found the courage to visit Jinri’s bedroom. It made her sad a little bit to finally see the room again where she usually visited and talked with Jinri.

 

“Even though I kinda miss you but I can’t help to feel somehow relief. Things all work out better than I thought.” Yoona said to no one in particular. She sat on the bed. “You’re completely gone now.... so let’s be gone for good. I can assure you Jinri, Minho will be in a good hand even without you.”

 

“Goodbye Jinri!”

 

Yoona looked around the room for once last time before she turns to leave but she hasn’t been completely out yet when Sulli appears all of sudden by the door and it took Yoona by surprise.

 

“S-Sulli....”

 

Sulli stared at Yoona. What is she doing here in her sister’s room? She looked appalled as if she was just caught doing something bad.

 

If Jinri adored Yoona when she was alive, Sulli found herself the opposite from her twin. Although they’re cousin but Sulli completely feels all uncomfortable around Yoona.

 

Sulli doesn’t understand the reason why she dislikes Yoona but it just happens and it’s not like she has an option though.

 

Yoona produced a sad smile and sent it to Sulli.

 

“I just miss Jinri.” Yoona said softly and looked back at the room as if she tried to reminisce everything about Jinri. When she looked back at Sulli, tears already gathers in her eyes.

 

Sulli walked in and passed Yoona as if her tear doesn’t matter to her because it really does not.

 

Yoona made a quick side-glance at Sulli’a back with a burning glare. Seeing Sulli.... somehow sent chill down her spin. Why the girl has to be the identical twin with Jinri? It scares her like sometimes because everytime she looks at Sulli, she has to unnecessarily remind herself that she is not Jinri.

 

“Since you’ve always been so close to Jinri....” Sulli finally said something and she turned to look at Yoona as the latter did the same. “Do you know where is Jinri’s favorite place to go?”

 

Yoona’s lips curves into a smile.

 

“Of course I know. And I know a lot of things about Jinri that you might want to know and I’d be more than happy to share them with you Sulli.” Yoona said.

 

“Hmm okay.” Sulli uttered without a smile.

 

Despite Jinri and Sulli are two different people but twins are still twins after all. Sulli has always been aloof from her but Yoona realizes it doesn’t seem to be that hard to crawl into her heart just like she did to Jinri.

 

 

**********

 

 

Yoona got out of the elevator and in an instant she saw Minho’s parents from afar by the hospital corridor. Yoona approached them with an overly sweet smile on her face.

 

“Uncle Auntie.” Yoona greeted with a bow.

 

Sooyoung looked at her up and down while Siwon slowly recognized the girl and he started to give her an unwelcome look.

 

“You’re Jinri’s cousin, aren’t you?” Siwon asked.

 

Sooyoung was surprise a bit. She really did not recognize Yoona but to Siwon astonishment, Sooyoung walked over to Yoona and got a hold of her both hands.

 

Yoona was quite stunned as well with the way Sooyoung acted but on the inside she was happy. If it wasn’t Minho’s parents she had always wanted to win over? Things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter