Two

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She had been with him for entire afternoon." Jinri's mother said with a quiet sigh.

Jinri's father could only shook his head. "Are we even surprised here?"

Jinri's mother looked up at her husband. "Yunho, should we send her abroad to live with her sister?"

"Taeyeon, we both know Jinri is not going to listen to us even we're her parents. She doesn't want to leave that boyfriend of hers." Yunho said and he sat down on the chair, messaged his head tiredly.

"She should know better that we don't want any of us having anything to do with that family. But Jinri is way too stubborn." Taeyeon said.

Yunho nodded in agreement. Their daughter had given them headache since she fell in love with the boy whom his father almost brought his own career to an end.

"Eventually Jinri will have to end her relationship with him. We can't let her disobey us forever." Yunho said.

Taeyeon agreed quietly and after awhile she stood up.

"I will talk to her."


**********


Jinri just ended the call with Minho and still had the giddy smile on her face when the door to her room swung open.

Jinri turned around on her seat and immediately stood up from her bed.

"What's going on Mom?" Jinri asked.

Jinri knows the fury in her mother's eyes must have something to do with her.

"Jinri, you listen to me and you listen to me good. Stop seeing Siwon's son and forget about this little relationship you have going on with him." Taeyeon ordered.

Here her mother goes again. Jinri sighed desperately.

"Mom, please. I'm not a kid. You can't forbid me from seeing Minho. I love him. Why don't you just let us be?" Jinri argued.

Taeyeon scoffed. "Do you really think this is something that's going to last forever? As you're very aware of friendship between your dad and his dad. It still had to be broken at one point."

"How can you possibly know what we are feeling Mom?" Jinri countered back. "Minho and I....we truly love each other. And you said it yourself, dad and Siwon uncle had been friends for years before this whole feud began. Why can't you guys just forgive and forget?"

"There are things you just don't understand Jinri." Taeyeon said.

"No! I do understand everything. You and Dad are completely blind by hatred. Your egos are too big to realize that if it hadn't been for Dad's mess, Siwon uncle wouldn't have led their business to nearly downfall." Jinri asserted.

Taeyeon slapped Jinri on the face. She wanted to grow soft on her daughter but Jinri made it so difficult.

Tears fell on Jinri's face. The burning mark from her mother's slap sting her cheek but it's nothing compared to what Jinri feels inside.

"Don't disrespect your father like that Choi Jinri!" Taeyeon snapped angrily. "What do you know about corporate world?!"

Taeyeon feels terrible to see her daughter cried but this had to be done. Jinri earned it herself.

"Why can't you be like your sister?! She has never given us headache, let alone talking back to us the way you always do. You…. you're really the disappointment Jinri." Taeyeon glared at her daughter.

"Listen Jinri, you and Minho are over." Taeyeon said. She turned away and stormed out of Jinri's room.

Jinri slowly let herself fall down the floor.

Yoona appeared from the corner of the open door. After she entered, Yoona closed the door behind her and walked over to Jinri.

"What am I going to do?" Jinri asked Yoona helplessly.

Yoona grabbed her cousin's hand and squeezed it gently.

"I'm not sure. I've never been in your situation and I've never had a boyfriend to understand what love is." Said Yoona quietly. "But Jinri….pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter