Six

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A soft yet dreadful scent of Iodoform smell made Minho's eyes open slowly. Minho blinked, disoriented by the bright, white room he was now in.

Uncomfortableness with the pressure pressed into his temples made Minho attempt to lift his head slightly but a groan came out instead as a massive pain shot through his head.

Minho heard the door of the room slide opened, followed by a soft gasp.

"Minho! Get the doctor, quick!" The voice of his mother cracked and then Minho felt the warmth on his hand as his mother closed her palm on his. "You're awake. Oh thanks God!"

Minho is very confused. He looked at his tearful mother and then looked around, blinking constantly as he realized he was in a hospital room.

What happened?

And why was he here?

"Honey, how do you feel?" Sooyoung asked.

Groggy…. Minho wanted to answer that but he just couldn't find his voice. To add on it confusion still clogged his mind.

Just then the door opened again and Siwon came in with the doctor.

"He looks so disoriented and not himself at all." Sooyoung told that to her husband. "Our son. Oh... my poor thing." She cries in Siwon's chest.

"He has been in a coma for more than a month. It's typical that he seems so out of himself now." Siwon said, patting his wife's back comfortingly.

Siwon looked at Minho as the Doctor examine him quietly.

A huge relief of smile broke onto his lips. "He's finally back. Thanks God! We almost lost him there."

Minho heard that and his eyes turned to his parents. Memory slowly returned piece by piece.

Jinri!

They rode in the car.

Her parents.

Big rain.

The truck….crashed into them!

And then the most dreadful image of…..of the lifeless Jinri….

Minho suddenly become very dizzy.

"Jinri…" Minho managed to mutter weakly and he grabbed the Doctor's hand for support, raising his head from the pillow. "Where is Jinri?"

The Doctor pushed Minho back against the pillow gently. "I believe your parents will be explaining that to you later but for now young man….you just wake up from a coma, your body hasn't regained back energy yet. And your head, you quite sufferred serverly. So you shouldn't make any sudden movement."

"Jinri!! I need to see Jinri! Bring me to her!" Minho said to the Doctor desperately.

Sooyoung went to her son. "Minho…" She called him softly, sadness crossed her eyes.

Minho stared at Sooyoung, hoping that what he was thinking wouldn't be true. He made it out alive and Jinri….she has to make it out safe too.

Jinri must've been in another room waiting for him to wake up. And now he did, she must be happy to see him.

But the silent sob from his mother sent a cold chill down his spine.

"Mom please talk!" Minho begged. "Please tell me Jinri is fine. Please tell me she's alive."

Sooyoung couldn't stand it anymore. She escaped the room. Seeing Minho break down emotionally is the last thing she wants to witness. She knew how painful this must be for Minho once he learns the truth and the sight will be just hard to bear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter