Five

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days passed and Jinri had managed to avoid her parents with great effort. Not that Jinri is afraid she would screw up the secret of her escape, she has decided it and will never change her mind. But she found herself still resent her parents, the fact they chose grudge over her happiness.

That morning Jinri saw Yunho retreat to the living room with Taeyeon followed him behind.

Jinri was going to leave when her father speak up.

"Sit down Jinri."

Taeyeon and Yunho sat on the sofa next to each other. Jinri sighed softly and returned to her seat.

"Tomorrow evening I want you to come with us and join a dinner with my business partner." Yunho informed.

So finally her parents started putting their plan into action. Jinri knew this would come sooner or later.

"Why do you need me there Dad? I have zero knowledge when it comes to business." Jinri asked. 

Although Jinri has an idea what's their plan, she still wants to play dumb. She wants to hear what their answer is. Are they going to reveal their plan now or later?

"Just be there as your father told you Jinri." Taeyeon said. "Treat that as a very good opportunity for you to meet new people."

Jinri wanted to laugh out loud. Meet new people? More like officially meeting her possibly future husband and his family. Jinri wonders, when are her parents planning to tell her?

However Jinri knew there's no way she could do anything because hearing it right now or later, nothing is going to change.

It is eventually today. Today, she and Minho will be leaving everything behind. After today they'll no longer exist in this complicated world.


**********


"I heard you want to see me." Yoona said as she walked in.

"Yoona." Jinri immediately got up from her seat, bringing Yoona to sit on the bed with her.

"Yes I visited your room awhile ago but did not find you." Jinri told.

"Why do you want to see me?" Yoona asked, not really interested.

If only this girl knew that she prefer not to see her at all.

"Hmm…. nothing. I just wanna spend sometime with you cousin." Jinri replied, giggling away.

Yoona almost rolled her eyes but instead her gaze caught the sight of the suitcase next to the bed. Yoona raised an eyebrow and looked at her cousin. 

"What's that?" Yoona asked skeptically, pointing at the suitcase.

Jinri glanced at the suitcase and widened her eyes. She did not manage to put it anywhere else. Minho is probably on his way to fetch her now. Jinri just did not expect to have Yoona visit her room and she totally forgot about the suitcase.

"T-that…that's j-just stuff I put away. Things I'm no longer using." Jinri stuttered and her eyes did not meet Yoona's when she answered.

"Don't lie! I know when you're lying you tend to be stuttering." Yoona said. "You're not going to tell me, are you? Am I your cousin?"

Jinri glanced at the suitcase again before she looked at Yoona and she sighed in defeat. "It's just stuff I have to take with me."

Yoona widened her eyes a little. A theory is slowly forming in her head. "What are you talking about Jinri? Are you planning to go somewhere?"

Jinri got Yoona's both hands and squeezed them gently. Jinri nodded, confirmed Yoona. She knew her cousin could read her perfectly even if she did not specifically speak it out loud.

"I and Minho….we're leaving today." Jinri said. She couldn't help but tears already pooled in her eyes. "I didn't want to do that. But my parents really leave me no choice. They want to marry me off to someone else other than Minho and I couldn't sit and not do anything."

Yoona stood up angrily. "What the hell do you think you are doing? Are you even in your right mind? Are you crazy Choi Jinri?"

Yoona practically yelled at Jinri as she couldn't believe it. Her own lie turned out to be happening for real. Jinri plans to elope with Minho! Is this some kind of a sick joke Jinri made?

Jinri got on her feet too as looked at Yoona confusedly. "Why are you so mad Yoona? I thought you support me…."

Yoona felt close to fury inside her chest towards Jinri but she tried to keep her temper in check. "Yes I do but not to this extend! This is not a good solution you think it is Jinri."

Jinri reached for Yoona. "Please Yoona, you have to be on my side." Jinri pratically begged her cousin now. "Please keep this until tomorrow..…until we successfully escape."

Yoona almost laughed out loud. How dare she have the audacity to tell her to shut ! Does she really think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter