Four

Backfire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I apologize for making you visit my house personally, Mr. Kim. I hate to admit it but this old man really has gotten old already. He keeps forgetting important things." Yunho said jokingly as he accepted a file handing over to him from a young man in front of him.

"It's okay. Weekend bores me anyways and I should be thankful to you for giving me an excuse to drive around." The young man said. "And just address me Soohyun since we don't have to be so formal when we're off work."

Yunho chuckled. He opens the files in his hands and looking through for a bit before grabbing his pen.

"In that case then you have to just call me Uncle too so that'd be fair enough." Yunho said.

Soohyun agreed with a smile.

"So do you have a girlfriend or a fiancee perhaps? Ask her out and accompany you, young man." Yunho said. "It's weekend, means that it's time off for all yourself."

Soohyun rubbed his neck. His lips arched into a coy smile. "I don't have one honestly. Being a single man is carefree. And work doesn't allow me to be distracted." Soohyun finished his sentence with a soft chuckle.

Yunho shook his head. "You need to get distracted sometimes and at one point you have to find your other half. Work doesn't make you stress-free but a woman does. She will make you more happier than winning a contract."

Soohyun had to burst out laughing. "That sounds like fun. I will be considering your advice."

Yunho smirked.

They continued chatting about random things while Yunho signing off the contract in his hands....until Soohyun's eyes caught the framed photograph on the desk of Yunho.

The photo showed the younger Yunho and a beautiful woman sitting beside him whom Soohyun assumed that it must be his lovely wife. Both were having wide smiles on their face.

And then Soohyun's eyes fell on Yunho's laps which were having two adorable girls wearing the same huge smiles.

The girls had same pigtails, same dresses. Both of them were almost identical.

"Are you having twins?" Soohyun asked.

Yunho looked at the frame. "Yes I am."

Soohyun was quite surprise. As far as he heard from people around their business industry, they never really talked about Yunho having more than a daughter.

So Yunho is actually having twins. That's quite a shock.

"They are so cute." Soohyun said. "I believe they must've grown into young, beautiful ladies by now. What a blessing, isn't it?"

Yunho hesitantly smiled.

Soohyun looked at Yunho then and by the sudden, tight smile of Yunho, Soohyun realized he perhaps had said something wrong. 

"I'm sorry." Soohyun apologized almost immediately. "I must've made you uncomfortable."

Yunho was quite taken aback. Soohyun is quite observant. He caught it when there was something change within his expression.

"Don't feel any bad. I just suddenly miss my daughter." Yunho said with a smile.

Miss his daughter? Hmm why though?

Soohyun glanced at the frame again. He's suddenly becoming curious of the twins sisters but decided to not ask anything. Soohyun knows he shouldn't be nosy about Yunho's personal life.

Yunho finished signing off right then. Yunho closed the file and returned it to Soohyun.

"Thanks again Soohyun for coming all the way here. I owe you once." Yunho said.

Both men stood up and they shook hands across the table.

"Don't mention it Uncle. Like I've told you before that I'd like to drive around." Soohyun said, retrieving his hand in polite.

Taeyeon came in right then when Soohyun bid goodbye. Soohyun gave Taeyeon a well-respected bow before leaving, closing the door behind him.

"He seems like a nice young man." Taeyeon said as she took a seat Soohyun sat before.

"He really is. Taeyeon, what do you think of him?" Yunho asked.

Taeyeon's brows closed in together. Why does her husband wants her opinion about his business partner? But it took only a minute until it somehow dawned on her. 

"You don't mean….?"

Yunho nodded, confirming her theory. "Didn't you tell me the other day we should arrange Jinri a marriage? Well, I purposely made Soohyun coming here. So after you saw him, what's your impression?"

Taeyeon slowly smiled.


**********


Jinri descended the stairs. Her eyes instantly rested on a stranger inside the house.

"Who are you?" Jinri asked curiously.

This man…he isn't an intruder, is he?

Soohyun turned around after he closed the door behind him. Soohyun saw a beauti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter