Baby You Are

Counting To Our Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: I might have overdone it with the words asdfghjkl I'm sorry for this 17k of word vomit >_<

 

17.5k words

 

Junmyeon didn't know what to expect when he took Ga-in's hand. The way she smiled before their hands touch made him wary but Ga-in looked harmless and well... technically nothing else can happen to Junmyeon. Is he even alive in the first place?

When he blinks, the surrounding fades like ink in water. Junmyeon got startled for a moment but Ga-in gave his hand a squeeze and an assuring smile. For some reason, he felt calm again. Just when everything around him fades into nothing but white, suddenly a light of colors start flashing everywhere and slowly everything comes together and forming a scene.

Junmyeon recognizes this place. They're back.

They're back at the hospital. He turns to Ga-in to ask why. However, Ga-in only puts a finger against her lips as she walks down the hallways of the hospital.

She’s doing it again. How can a wandering soul walk so fast? Junmyeon catches up to her side.

"Here." Ga-in announces as they stop in front of a room. "Behind this door is the happiest moment in my life. You can say one of the drives that keep me coming back to reality. Are you ready to see it?"

Junmyeon gulps.

Sensing the male's worried face, Ga-in lets out a soft laugh. "You don't have to look so scared. Besides, you've already met her." She says before penetrating through the wall.

I have?

With that clue, the answer comes easily to him. This means the person behind this door is...

Just as he thought. After walking through the wall, he understands that the one that is keeping Ga-in alive is no other than the baby in 'her' arms.

Wendy...

It was only ‘Ga-in’ alone on the bed. Except for the nurse by her side and the baby asleep in her embrace, there's no one else. No parents. No siblings. No friends.

And no husband.

Still, she didn't look lonely. Instead, her gaze on her daughter is the purest thing that Junmyeon had ever witness. Even from the third point of view, Junmyeon can feel the warmth radiating around them.

So this is what it would feel like to be a parent.

"Isn't she beautiful?" The hand that was clasped with Junmyeon frees his. He peaks curiously at Ga-in and the woman reflects the smile. "Mine. One and only."

The pride she has on her daughter, it's amazing. But why did Junmyeon felt like something is wrong? Although it's not apparent, however, Junmyeon can actually feel the difference between the ‘Ga-in’ on the bed and this Ga-in's smile.

Before he could even ask, there are voices that appear outside of the room. Whoever those people are, they didn’t even bother talking in hush whispers. This is almost like deja vu.

"What are we going to do now?" One of the voices says in a very heated tone. It sounded so hostile that Junmyeon had to see the scene for himself. He strides over to the outside of the room. When he did, Ga-in didn’t protest. It could be that Ga-in wants him to hear this.

"Mother, we cannot let this be!" One of the two figures in the hallway fumes.

"Oh shush! You think I don't know that?!" The other who is an old lady, probably around his father's age replies.

With her hands on her hips, the younger of the two paces back and forth. "We barely got rid of her and now the hospital wants us to take care of her child. Mother, I can't deal with this anymore."

Junmyeon’s eyebrows furrows. Who are these two people? The argument between those two goes back and forth but Junmyeon gets nothing out of it except that these two hate Ga-in with a burning passion. And the worst part is that they also don't have anything nice to say about Wendy.

Going back inside to Ga-in, Junmyeon notes that she has been standing in the same spot. Only the smile was missing.

"You wanna tell me who are those petty people outside?"

Ga-in chuckles before she answers. "They are my stepmother and stepsister. Although, I don't take pride in being part of the family."

"Well, they have such a horrible attitude, I can say. And why is that?" Junmyeon wonders.

"Can you blame them? I would too if there's a rotten luck child in the family." She says solemnly.

Junmyeon didn't expect her to beat herself like that. Eventually, she exhales before raising her chin. "Remember when I told you that I was sick at a young age? Throughout my young adult time, with my father gone just a couple of months after his marriage with the new wife, everything starts falling apart."

If Junmyeon didn't know any better, he would have said that this story is very similar to Cinderella but he keeps that thought just in his head. "What happened?"

"There was always a wall between us since then. Me and my stepfamily. And it got worse when I got sick. You know, money and stuff. It's too burdening for them. Then, it was just a few years ago where I can live on my own, so without thinking much I just...left." the last word came out barely a whisper. “Pack my bags and never return.”

"..." Junmyeon's hunch wasn't wrong. Even during their first meeting, there's something about her eyes that tells a hint of sorrow.

"I got careless along the way." She chuckles as she shakes her head. "But that's fine. It's one of the best blessings in my life."

"What about now?"

"Now?" Ga-in finally moves as she steps closer to Wendy. Although her index finger passes through Wendy's small nose, Ga-in still has a huge grin on her face. "I want to see her grow old. Hear her first word. Walk her to her first day of school. A simple life like that. But Junmyeon," She suddenly turns to Junmyeon. "I can't do this anymore."

Can't do what exactly, Junmyeon wanted to ask.

Ga-in continues. "I can feel the clock’s ticking. Doors beyond this world are waiting for me. A large part of me wants to run to it so I can finally rest. I'm tired. I’m so so tired." The desperation in her voice stirs something in him.

"But you can't..." Junmyeon mutters.

She nods. "I can't... I grew up feeling unwanted in my stepfamily’s household. It kills me every day back then. And I can't let that happen to her."

Tears start rolling down her cheeks. For a second, Junmyeon had never thought a soul could cry. Then again, Junmyeon also feels the sting in his eyes. He feels sorry for Ga-in. She can't die. Nor can she bear to live any longer.

At some point, Junmyeon understands her. He knows so well what it feels like to think dying is a better option than living. It would end all misery.

But everyone has strings attached to this world. In Ga-in's case, cutting them off means opening the same door of misery to her daughter.

Just what are her options?

Unless...

The blond male’s eyes widen as he finally put the pieces together. Why he is here... Why Ga-in fetches him...

Of course.

The realization that dawns on him has him out of breath. From his face, Ga-in must have figured out that he knows the purpose of him seeing this memory.

"I know why you're showing me this." Junmyeon gawks. He was cut off by the sound of a baby crying. As if the baby can sense the discomfort in the room, Wendy wails while her mother tries to rock her faster.

Ga-in chins down in defeat. Looks like the point is easier conveyed than she had expected to. Fewer words needed. Fewer words used. But still weighs the same. "Then will you, Kim Junmyeon? Will you save us?"

The question had Junmyeon staggers backward. How can he answer her now? There's barely any time to process everything and now he has to make a choice?

Despite that, his conscience is telling him that he can’t leave her alone.

"When I wake up, I'll forget this. So, how...?"

Ga-in makes a swish of her hand. With a blink of an eye, they are back at the hut with white bunnies hopping and scattered on the ground. They barely move an inch. Junmyeon has always flinched by the change of surroundings but this time, he didn't move a muscle.

Under the man's unfaltering gaze, Ga-in steps forward until she's just a foot away from Junmyeon. The wind makes the tip of her long hair dances along with the breeze. Junmyeon wonders how her expression remains unmoving.

Isn't she scared?

What if Junmyeon refuses? More so, what if Junmyeon is not the first person that she asked for saving? What if there had been many attempts but it wasn't successful?

The snapped fingers beside his ear made him jump. Ga-in pulls her hand back and between her fingers, there's a flower petal. She places it onto her other palm and presents it to Junmyeon.

Before Junmyeon could take it, another strong wind blows, bringing along the petal with them. They couldn’t do anything except eyeing the blue petal flies away into oblivion. If Junmyeon saw it correctly, he was sure that he saw something written in dark blue ink on the petal.

"When you've decided, the petal will come to you." Ga-in answers, closing her now empty palm.

"What does that mean?"

"Don't think how," The outstretched hand is now patting him on his shoulder. "Before you wake up, think about your answer. Once you've decided, you'll know where to find me."

"Ga-in." Junmyeon calls her even when she has retreated. The woman did not stop her steps this time. It's not like Junmyeon cannot move, but something tells him that he is being given space right now to think. To decide.

He thought he was just wandering in between. But this is beyond what he initially had thought. This can only happen in dreams. Junmyeon’s positive that this is in fact not a dream. It's scaring him.

Sehun, what should I do...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No thoughts. Just the monitor beside Junmyeon's head which is beeping statically. On God, Sehun would kiss the floor just for the reason that it's still beeping. Waiting for Junmyeon to come out of the operation room was painful. Watching him now lying unconsciously on the bed is the same.

It's night time now. 2 something in the morning, maybe. Sehun hadn't been looking at the time because he gets anxious every time he does so. How long will it takes until he wakes up?

The sofa at the corner of the room is occupied by Bora. Sehun didn't forget to drape the blanket over her sleeping body. As for now… he waits. Waits for Junmyeon to wake up. Even when he's not keeping track of the clock, the time seems to be going painfully slow.

Sehun can't sleep. Even when exhaustion is evident in his eyes, but he just can't bring himself too.

"Junmyeon," he murmurs softly, caressing Junmyeon's hand. The anaesthetic took much longer time to wear off than he had expected. It sorts off scares Sehun for a bit. "I'm waiting."

As expected, he is greeted with silence. Maybe part of him expects Junmyeon's fingers to fidget at least. But he gets nothing. No reaction except for Junmyeon's moving chest. They say if you talk to someone who is unconscious, they'll hear it. Although maybe Sehun is a little bit too paranoid, it's not like Junmyeon is in a coma. He is just asleep. But he's hoping for the latter to wake up so that the weigh on his shoulder can be lifted.

Sehun wonders what Junmyeon had felt when he woke up after the accident. I bet you were lonely... He rests the side of his head on the mattress.

"You've always been like this. Always making me worry." Junmyeon doesn't know this but even back then when they were younger, Sehun has already birthed the fear of losing Junmyeon. Not just as a friend or family, but just lose him to death.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He remembers that time when his family went out on a vacation. It was summer 9 years ago. Sehun was fifteen when they all took a trip to a Rainforest Cabin in Malaysia. It wasn't his first time visiting the place but it was the first with Junmyeon. He didn't think much when his mother said that they would be returning to the place after 4 years but when his mother had extended the invitation to Junmyeon, Sehun vows to make this the most memorable trip for him.

Oh, it was memorable alright. Just not as he expected. What supposed to be one of his best memories turns out to be a nightmare that he kept remembering.

It was Sehun's fault.

 

What's a family trip without a sibling fight? This time, the fight was serious enough that Kris had pinned him to the ground while preventing Sehun to land a fist on him. Kris was being stupid and annoying! Sehun is not one to be angered easily so when Kris kept pushing his buttons, he just explodes. He didn’t even mind the fact that Junmyeon was witnessing his tantrums.

When Kris got off him, Sehun immediately stormed away into the forest, away from the cabin. This wasn’t his first time in this place so getting lost was his least concern. Even if he did, it'll just take a few wrong turns and maybe twice going in circles before he can find his way back. Sehun has the best survival instincts out of his siblings so he’ll be fine.

After cooling off, he marched back into the cabin and straight into his room. He made sure to grunt loudly and gave a stinky eye to his brother on the way. With that, he locked the door then he put on his Dr. Dre’s, letting the loud music boom loudly in his ears. People might wonder how even with Linkin Park blasting, Sehun had no problem drifting off to dreamland.

When Sehun woke up, his room was pitch black. Not even the moonlight managed to light his room. It was odd. How come not even his mother had tried waking him up from sleep? He peeped at his phone. It should be dinner time already. He had a half mind to still sulk until anyone comes knocking on his door but... what is he? 9? Was it really necessary?

With a groggy mind, he made his way to his parent's room. It was locked.

"???"

Feeling something were off, he made an effort to knock a few times but he got tired of waiting so he went to his brother and Junmyeon's room, which was two doors away, it was locked as well. He knocked a few times and none answered. There's no light peeking under the door.

Strange.

They wouldn't have eaten dinner without him right?

His first reaction was to call his mother and checked down the living room. Weirdly, the line was busy. He did it a few times and it was still busy and as he reaches the down the stairs, his heart thumped loudly when he spotted his mother talking to two policemen. Her eyebrows furrowed with worry as she rubbed her arms coldly.

What's going on?

Upon seeing Sehun, his mother immediately ran to him. "Sehun," she gripped Sehun's shoulders tightly. "You worry me so much! Were you asleep in your room?”

"I was.” He answers warily. "Is everything okay? Where's everyone?" He tried to look for his father, Junmyeon and Kris but none was present. Only Victoria who was waiting worriedly on the sofa near the fireplace.

Before she could answer, the policemen approached his mother from behind. "We'll get to it. If we find him, you'll be the first to know."

There’s a drop in his stomach. Find who? When he felt his hands trembling, that's when his mother held it tight.

He was explained what had happened while he out. According to Kris, he was on his phone with his mentor when Junmyeon blurted out that he's going to search for Sehun in the woods. Kris wanted to stop him but he couldn't at the moment. After Sehun returned to the cabin, he thought that Junmyeon had found Sehun. However, he didn't see any sign of Junmyeon entering the cabin so he waited for Junmyeon outside. Everything escalated into chaos when Junmyeon had yet to return even when the Sun has gone down.

In an instant, they called for the police.

 

It was his fault. Junmyeon went to search for him. If... if Sehun didn't storm into the woods... Junmyeon wouldn't have gone after him.

Although he's shaking, he used all his willpower to move his feet to catch up with the police. "I'll come with you." He said.

With two teams going into woods to look for Junmyeon, Sehun can't help but feel his steps getting heavier. Is Junmyeon okay?

He wanted to throw a punch on the tree so badly. Why did he have to be so immature?

Sensing his distress, the policemen gave him a few encouraging words but none of it had any effect on him. There's no such thing as ease until he sees Junmyeon in flesh before him.

After 30 minutes of walking, one of the policemen's hand-held transceivers buzzed. Sehun eyes began to hope and certainly, the man told him that Junmyeon had been found and was currently in the cabin. Without any further thoughts, he made a dash back towards the cabin.

He's almost there. As he pushed the front door open, there Junmyeon was, with a blanket wrapped around him and a cut on his eyebrows. Junmyeon looked terrible. His hair had fine twigs and tiny small leaves. His pale skin was tainted with dirt and not only that, there's a tear on his pants, a cut from God knows what.

It's like everything just stopped.

He felt relieved but his heart was still racing. He can't bring himself to feel happy because the anxiousness within him still wins. There was a lump in his throat that's preventing him from talking. As Junmyeon goes to meet his gaze, the latter still had that same bright smile on his face.

Even after he went missing and getting hurt, how can Junmyeon send an assuring smile to Sehun? That's when all energy on Sehun's knees suddenly vanishes, making him fall onto his knees.

You’re safe.

He should be happy. But why is he crying instead...

It was the first time for Sehun to receive such a scare in his life. And it was then when Sehun finally understands what it means to love someone dearly. Romantic or not, he can't lose Junmyeon like that again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But he did... Sehun thought he wouldn't ever feel like that again but he did. 2 years ago to be exact. This time, the wait wasn't 30 minutes. It was for 2 years. Sehun laughs to himself. If someone would ask him how he did it, he can't answer that...

He didn't know. He just... waited.

Some of his friends said that his love for Junmyeon is worrisome. Is it? Maybe it is but Junmyeon is his first love and it's not like he never tried moving on. He did. Plenty. But even when he tells himself that Junmyeon is just his 'brother' or a close friend, there's something amiss in that. Junmyeon is more than that.

Puffing out a loud sigh, he needs to clear his head. Sehun waits until he is outside to pull out his phone and call his secretary. He's making sure that everything is in place while he's not around the office for a couple of days.

Thank God, there's not much to worry about. He can't pile any more things on his shoulders. Thinking about Junmyeon already exhausts him a lot. After this, he should take Junmyeon away to-

"Wu Sehun?"

Sehun lightly jumps when he feels a hand on his shoulder. When he turns around, he was even more surprised to see the owner of the hand.

"It is you, isn't it?!" The man with the white coat exclaims.

Although the man seems to be thrilled to see him, Sehun can't at all mirror his expression. “Jongin." He fakes out a laugh. "Kim Jongin."

"That's my name!" He winks flirtatiously to which Sehun internally grimaces.

"What are you doing here?"

Jongin twirls his heels around as he showcases his coat. "I work here obviously. My, my. It's been what? A year I think since I last saw you. So how are you doing, buddy?"

"Oh, me? Yeah, just the usual. You know, still busy and stuff."

"I see," Jongin nods, placing his hands on his hips. "You're not here because you're exhausted again, are you?"

Sehun shakes his head. "No. No. I'm here for uh… my boyfriend." Sehun makes sure he enunciated the last word clearly. Just like he thought, Jongin's eyebrow would raise at the word.

"Your boyfriend?" The tan male whistles. "Is this the same guy you've been obsessing over or a different one?"

"Wha— I don't obsess over him!" Sehun scoffs. Well, the word that he would best describe is in love. Pfft, he's not obsessed...right?

"Right." Jongin clicks his tongue as he folds his arms across his chest. "You broke up with me 4 years ago because the Jun guy caught us kissing."

Sehun pales. That is one of the memories that he wished to forget.

Jongin was someone from the same university. They were in different majors and even their buildings were in different blocks. They met at one of their senior’s party. Sehun drank his heart away that night. The thing is that Sehun is just like any other young adult with desires and Jongin was there. Did he mentioned he had few attempts on moving on? He begins dating Jongin days later.

Until that one time when Junmyeon made a surprise visit to his house. They were both making out in the living room until the blonde walks in unexpectedly. Sehun didn't know why but his reaction was to push Jongin away like fire. Even after that when Junmyeon about his boyfriend, Sehun felt miserable.

He ended their relationship and thankfully, Jongin understands him. Although their relationship ended, Jongin occasionally sticks around longer. One can say that Jongin is his drinking buddy and well, a friend with some benefits occasionally. It's not like its wrong but Sehun really doesn't want Junmyeon to find out.

"Anyways, to answer your question, yes this is the same guy." Sehun says.

"Ohohoho no wonder you never call me anymore." Jongin pretends to be sad.

"Oh please, you got yourself a boyfriend then I've never heard anything from you again."

Jongin giggles. "True that! And guess what? I'm still with Kyungsoo! But man, I salute you for your dedication. Congratulations!"

It wasn't easy, Sehun sweats just thinking about his journey to get to this point. But still, he thanked Jongin. Seeing the tan male reminds him a lot about his college days.

"Well, I gotta run now. So room 208... I'll drop by next time!'

Sehun lazily waves his hand. "Yea yea sur— eh?! You don’t have to! We can just uhh... uh... grab some coffee downstairs at the cafeteria."

Seeing Sehun so flustered, this widens Jongin's mischievous smile. "Nah, that's fine! I too would want to meet the famous Wu Sehun's first love." He snickers, already waving Sehun as he leaves. "See you soon, buddy!"

No no no no, Sehun doesn't want to see him soon. Especially with Junmyeon around. He knows what kind of joker Jongin is and he knows for a fact that the man didn't change a bit since the last time he saw him. "Oi! Text me before you visit!"

Darn it. Since nothing's going to stop Jongin, Sehun just hopes that Jongin behaves when he does.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon doesn’t know how to explain. But he can feel it. Like gravity slowly decreasing and his body feels light.

Does this mean that he's going to wake up soon? It should be right...

Caressing the white bunny in his hands, he takes another round of strolling through the field. If time is really almost up and he will return to the real world, then Junmyeon wants to savour this moment. He wants to enjoy these moments of walking with his two legs while he can. Breathing the air from this height. This privilege will be taken away from him any second.

But before that, he needs to do something. Specifically, he needs to see someone. He had been thinking. A lot. Maybe there's a reason why he's chosen by Ga-in to save her. This could be a blessing.

Though he does doubt whether it will be a blessing for Wendy but this is Ga-in's wish. Junmyeon wants to fulfill it. Junmyeon wants to end her suffering.

As if like Ga-in can read his thoughts, the woman appears before him. There's quite a distance between them but Junmyeon can see her very clearly.

"I've made up my mind." Junmyeon says, eyes not wavering.

Ga-in then takes a step forward as she shoots Junmyeon her soft smile. Until now Junmyeon has trouble depicting what her smile meant. "So you have?"

Junmyeon nods. "What if I can't remember? How will I...?"

"Did I not tell you? Don't worry. You'll remember me." She says softly. As she nears Junmyeon, the clearer that Ga-in is indeed crying. Her rosy cheeks are tainted with rows of tears streaming down. And still, the smile didn't leave her face.

"Tell her I love her." Her voice breaks as she holds back a cry.

"I'll tell her what a strong mother she has." Junmyeon affirms, his hand seeks out to hold Ga-in's. That seems to draw a satisfied chuckle from the woman.

He hates to think that now is goodbye. His feet are feeling extremely light. Like all the senses on his legs are slowly lifting away. Ga-in then instructs him to close his eyes to which he obliges to do so.

There's a strong sweet smell around him accompanied with wind. He didn’t know what's beyond his closed eyes but Junmyeon knows one thing.

He is going back home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Look, his eyelids are moving!"

That was the first thing that he heard. Wait. Not really. It's the first thing that he can understand. Then, there are more hushed words but Junmyeon just couldn't make a sentence out of it. His eyelids felt heavy but slowly, he flutters his eyes open.

He can't think of anything. He can't remember anything. But the one thing that made him at ease was Sehun's smile upon greeting him. "Hey," The younger says.

Junmyeon blinks at the sight of his boyfriend. He didn't have to glance down to know that it was him who is occupying his hand. When Junmyeon gulps, he winces at how dry his throat is. Noticing this, Sehun immediately brings him water, putting the straw inside the bottle for Junmyeon to drink.

"Is it better?"

Junmyeon nods, exhaling through his nose. His mouth still feels a bit awkward to speak. He turns to his left and his mother is closed to tears as she has her lips pressed shut, not daring to make any sound. Maybe because if she does, other things will come pouring out of her eyes instead.

His father is also present there, holding his mother by her shoulders. Junmyeon realizes that their expressions aren't only bliss. But they're relief. It takes a while before Junmyeon finally remembers the last thing before he blacks out and it was with Sehun in the anesthesia room.

Sehun kept his promise.

Sehun did stay until he wakes up. With that thought, Junmyeon curls his lips upwards. He's relieved as well. Now that he can remember everything, his mind accidentally goes back to the not so pleasant meeting with his ex-bestfriend.

Has it been a day passed since then?

For some reason that Junmyeon can't pinpoint, his heart feels weird. Like it is strangely heavy. But he's damn sure it's not because of Kris. Or anyone close for that matters. It's just... it's just.... he can't figure it out.

However, watching the people that he cares so much dearly are by his side, Junmyeon huffs out a relieved sigh. Maybe he does want to live after all. Even when he was so sure that vanishing from the Earth would be the best for everyone.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to drink?" His father asks, not so discreetly trying to blink his tears away. "Or do you want to sit up."

Junmyeon would have nod again but other than his heart, his head feels heavy as well. And throbbing. His hand naturally lifts to try and touch his head but Sehun quickly understands what he is attempting to do. "Don't move so much yet." Sehun stills Junmyeon's hand in place.

Again, Junmyeon nods. It is as if a huge sack of grain was attached to his arms anyways. He is still very much exhausted to even move an inch.

"I'll let you rest a bit more." Sehun declares, getting ready to give Junmyeon some space. Before he could though, Junmyeon finds the strength to squeeze his hand.

"No." He croaks out. His breath probably stinks. But Junmyeon doesn't want anyone to leave his side. He wishes he could say that but it's uncomfortable to speak.

It’s a relief that Sehun doesn’t need any more explanation. The brown-haired male instantly plants his back on the chair. Sehun lets Junmyeon bring their clasped hands to rest on his stomach before the latter closes his eyes again.

He's glad. Sehun wasn't a religious person per se but the amount of time he had prayed in the past week was immeasurable.

Even one word from Junmyeon, Sehun wouldn't hesitate to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been 2 days since he woke up. Junmyeon also got transferred to another room which is better. Junmyeon likes the view better. Sehun also started working again. His job is still something he can't put on hold for more than four days.

It's fine.

When Sehun isn't here, he's under the care of his mother. It's been a while since his mother spoiled him like a vulnerable baby so Junmyeon has no complaints whatsoever. Everything seems to be in a good place after he's awake.

Except...

"Do you know how worried I was when Sehun said you're still asleep?!" Chanyeol cries. Only Chanyeol's forehead is visible on the phone. The latter must have been terribly worried. Aww hearing Chanyeol's sobs, Junmyeon feels guilty that he didn't call Chanyeol on the day he woke up.

"Cheer up, Chanyeol! Look at me now, I'm fine aren't I?" Junmyeon coaxes him.

"How can you say that when you *sobs* have a bandage wrapped around your head?"

"I literally just got off a brain surgery." He chuckles. Even if he says that, Junmyeon still tries to keep his phone view low so that his head isn't visible. Knowing what a worrywart Chanyeol is, it's better for him to only see his face.

The poor giant baby wipes his snort before showing his full face on the screen. "By the way, Baek and I finally got permission from the Boss to take 3 days off so I think you can guess what's coming."

"You're coming here?!" Junmyeon shrieks in glee.

"You betcha! Baekhyun's brother is sponsoring the tickets so we'll be visiting not only you but his brother too."

"Both of you? So, you’ll be meeting his family?"

Chanyeol visibly gulps. "Yeaaaah. If it wasn't obvious, I'm already terrified."

Junmyeon grins. "You'll be alright, Chanyeol. He'll love you." Everybody does. Chanyeol shouldn’t worry about making a great first impression. He has always given off good and warm vibes around the people he is with. But Junmyeon understands where his concerns come from.

Chanyeol's lucky. He has a huge chance of being close to his boyfriend's family. Junmyeon wishes he can get back that privilege too.

Nahh he shouldn't dream the impossible.

"I hope so. Trying my best to distract myself. Well, it's not that hard since I'm super excited to meet you!" Chanyeol squeals then he lets out a deep sigh. "I miss you, Junmyeon. Terribly."

Aww. He's not the only one. Junmyeon too misses everything about his home at Rafflesia. He misses his room. His plants. His sofa which he spent almost the entire day on it. And especially he misses his bestfriend who plays a big part in Junmyeon's life. "I miss you too, Chanyeol." He replies with the same warmth and tender eyes. "We'll see each other, soon."

Sadly, Chanyeol had to make the call short because he was in the middle of work when Junmyeon called him. Even so, Junmyeon appreciates that he still answered.

"Was that Chanyeol?" Bora appears from the bathroom carrying a mug of water.

"It was. I thought I'd gave him a call." Junmyeon says, taking the mug that was extended to him.

His mother also hands him his small towel and toothbrush. At the same time, he grabs the toothpaste on the table by his bed. "That's lovely. He must have gone nuts since I know how overprotective he is over you."

Junmyeon groans, thinking about what Sehun had said. Apparently, when he was still in surgery, Chanyeol kept bombarding him with messages. It got worse after Junmyeon's surgery was done because, with Sehun’s lack of response to Chanyeol's text, the taller kept calling every 30 minutes. It was driving Sehun crazy. "You have no idea, Mom."

"Well, that's what Sehun and he have in common, I guess. They both really care about you."

Consider him lucky, he guesses. Baekhyun's words ring inside his head. How he said both of them would take a bullet for Junmyeon. Though Junmyeon wishes they wouldn't but... he's glad. He has the two best boys in the world, what more can he ask?

"Oh look at the time!" His mother stands after glancing at her wristwatch. "I have to make a delivery today before 1. So, I'll be right back!" She gives a peck on Junmyeon's cheek before picking up her handbag and waves him goodbye.

Junmyeon hasn't heard it directly from his mother but Sehun did mention that her online business is doing well. The hardest part was that she had to do the delivery by herself. Sometimes, Dad would help her with the delivery. Oh, Junmyeon hopes her business will get even better so that she can just hire people to help her.

As for now, she's doing her best at fulfilling her dreams. At least she's happy even if it tires her.

While Junmyeon has the toothbrush in his mouth, the door to his room slides open and of course, it's none other than his boyfriend. "You're early." He says while brushing his teeth.

Sehun chortles before putting what Junmyeon assumes to be his lunch on the table. "I ought to see my boyfriend as soon as possible."

Junmyeon takes a huge gulp of water then gargles before spitting it back in the mug. "Of course you would." He laughs.

"Hungry yet?"

Junmyeon shakes his head. His appetite got smaller ever since he woke up. But it could also be because he had gobbled two of his mother's caramel cupcakes. "I video called Chanyeol just now."

“Oh, you did? Thank Heavens!" Sehun claps his hands together. "I can finally block his number now!"

Junmyeon lightly slaps Sehun but the younger manages to dodge it. "You wouldn't!"

Sehun chuckles before sitting on the bed, just beside Junmyeon. "Obviously. If he didn't mean so much to you, I would!"

As if. Junmyeon knows Sehun doesn’t have the heart to do so. Sehun is actually getting along better with Chanyeol more than he actually believes so.

"So, how are you feeling today?"

"Feels a bit dizzy from time to time. But it's fine. Although, now I have a bald spot at the back." Junmyeon frowns. R.I.P to a section of his long blond hair.

"Aww, it can't be that bad."

"For now!" Junmyeon exclaims. "When the bandage is off, I'll look like some character from American Horror Story." Junmyeon has yet to see it but he just knows it'd look ridiculous.

"Nothing that a beanie couldn't fix."

Now he has to wear a beanie?? It's not even that cold now in his country. Well, it’s better than making a free show of his bald friend at the top of his head.

They were just casually talking about how Chanyeol and Baekhyun would be coming to visit when Junmyeon stops mid-sentence and glares at Sehun. He ignores the younger and continues explaining about Baekhyun's brother and then there it is again!

"Stop that!" Junmyeon says, his cheeks turning pink.

Sehun seems to be taken aback. "What?"

"That!" Junmyeon states again firmly.

The younger really doesn't understand what he did. That is until Junmyeon clears his throat and looks away from him. "My eyes are up here, you know. You keep staring at my lips."

Oh...

Sehun didn't even realize that he was staring at his boyfriend's lips. But then again, it would be a lie if he says that he hadn't been itching to kiss Junmyeon. These past 2 days he has only been giving pecks on the forehead or on his cheek, so Junmyeon can't really blame him, right?

"Sorry... It was obvious, wasn’t it?"

Junmyeon didn't say anything before his fingers play with the edge of the blanket. "Well... You could've just asked... If you want to." Junmyeon says sheepishly, his voice barely a whisper.

Sehun's automatic response is obviously him grinning like a madman. "Then," Sehun shuffles closer, pulling Junmyeon's chin until the latter faces him. "May I kiss you?"

Of course, he didn't even wait for Junmyeon's answer before swooping down to steal a kiss. It was just short and brief but still has the same fireworks effect. This time, Sehun goes for a longer kiss. Junmyeon follows Sehun's lead like always and eventually, their kiss got deeper as Junmyeon succumbs to Sehun's pace.

It's been a while, (2 days is a long time) and all those waiting and worrying made Sehun very desperate. He knows Junmyeon would be fine but he can't help feeling scared.

Sehun's palm goes to caress Junmyeon's jaw before drawing him closer and gives Junmyeon's upper lip a light a few times then doing the same with Junmyeon's bottom ones. He can feel their hot breaths mingle together when they separate for a split second until their lips connected again.

Junmyeon's hands lightly fist on Sehun's blazer, unconsciously tugging the taller closer when there's barely any gap left. Sehun wanted to do what he always does, runs his hand over Junmyeon's hair but that doesn't seem possible right now so Sehun's other hand travels down to Junmyeon's spine where his fingers touch against Junmyeon's skin.

The blond hair giggles when he feels the cold touch. "That tickles."

Sehun smiles fondly. "Does it?"

"Yeah," Junmyeon answers, biting his own bottom lip.

Is it bad that Sehun finds Junmyeon so irresistible even when he's in this state? Sehun gives one last kiss that lingers for a couple of seconds before breaking away for good. "Now I'm recharged." Sehun pulls back, sitting back to where he was.

"Adorable." Junmyeon coos.

Both of them spent almost one hour just talking. Honestly, this the best part about being with Sehun. Even back then, he could just spend hours and hours just talking with Sehun. It’s so comfortable. Effortlessly comfortable. There's no way Junmyeon can ever get bored of him because Sehun is as talkative as he is. But only with him though, Junmyeon notices that. But that's fine. He's glad.

They talked too much to the point where Junmyeon got hungry. Plus, the McDonald's porridge does look and smell tempting as it lays untouched on the table.

At last, his appetite says that it's time.

 

While they were munching their lunch, Sehun notices something.

"Did Bora buy that?" Sehun points to the table beside the bed with his fork. Junmyeon glances at his right to what Sehun is referring to and to his surprise, there are blue orchids placed in the vase.

Has it always been there?

"No, I don't think so..." Junmyeon mumbles, still looking confusedly at the orchids. A few of its petals have fallen down onto the table. He really can't remember that being there.

Sehun hums. "Maybe the nurse placed it there."

Did they?

But then again, maybe Junmyeon really just didn't notice. After all, he's still recovering. "Yeah..." He skeptically diverts his gaze away from the flowers. "Maybe..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At first, Junmyeon couldn't move that much. Well, not like he's able to anyways because of his legs but he could barely get up without feeling immense dizzy. But it gets better.

4 days in and Junmyeon still can't get used to the smell of hospitals. His mother tried his best to keep him company. Sehun too bought a brand new laptop with a hard disk full of movies. Specifically, Sci-Fi movies because Sehun knows how much Junmyeon adores Sci-Fi movies.

With his mother and Sehun have gone to work, Junmyeon do feel a bit... lonely. Maybe it's the white walls and the smells that has him unsettled.

Maybe it would've been better if he has someone as a roommate to talk to. Speaking of roommates, Junmyeon misses Chanyeol so much. He didn't think he would miss Chanyeol's ramblings on One Piece or My Hero Academia theories until that's not his lullaby to sleep.

Sigh... Maybe he'll call Chanyeol again tonight. What's annoying is Chanyeol didn't tell him when he's coming. Junmyeon wants to countdown to when he can see Chanyeol again but how can he when Chanyeol only gives him a wink whenever he asked about his visit?

That is Chanyeol-like to make everything into surprises. Can he blame him? It's better that Chanyeol is visiting than him not visiting at all.

Just as he was about to resume Kylo Ren's tragic monologue, suddenly there are a series of knocks against the door.

Which is odd because Junmyeon isn't at all expecting any visitor. Sehun wouldn't be here until 6 w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter