Prologue

Counting To Our Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.4k words

 

His heart is beating nervously against his ribcage. Maybe God is great after all because if anyone hears his heartbeat, he'll probably be mistaken as someone with bad intentions. But he has none. Walking down with his head lay low, they say if you wear a normal cartoon shirt, you would appear less suspicious. Although his black cap begs to differ.

But Junmyeon doesn't really have a choice. Not when he's in the building that brings him so much memories. He was here when he was a child. He was here, shopping with his best friend when he was in his teens. And now achieving his mid 20s, his sweats run cold for the first time as he strides down the familiar mall.

It's almost like a death sentence for Junmyeon to be here. But that's okay because Junmyeon thinks a part of him is already dead inside when his life turned upside down. From being one of the closest acquaintance of the Wu family, into a commoner that is blacklisted from ever appearing in front of their face.

Did he mentioned that this building belongs to the Wu family?

Junmyeon knows how often the eldest of the Wu Trinity would always come by at this mall. Most probably because she owns the heavily extravagant high-end brand on the 3rd floor. The others of the Wu Trinity, it's what they called the three siblings of the Wu family, doesn't come by often which he hopes today is one of those days.

He really does hope it is.

Punching the digits on his phone, his hand is trembling while waiting for the other line to pick up.

“Hello.”

“Luhan.” Junmyeon breathes out impatiently. “Where the are you?”

“Junmyeon. Calm down.” Luhan, the most displeasing human being for what it's worth, hushes him on the phone.

“Don't tell me what to do. Now where is my stuff?”

The other line goes silent for a moment until Luhan speaks up again. “I'll have you know that Kris is not leaving my side right now. He'll flip if he knows you even called.”

“Do you think I even want to ask for your help?! I just want my anklet back.” Junmyeon hisses, unintentionally catching some of the passer-by’s attention.

“Damn it, Junmyeon. It's your fault for leaving it there. Hold on, I see you.”

Lifting his cap slightly, he scans around for a familiar pink hair with a small built. It shouldn't be hard to spot him because who else have a baby pink hair. Only Luhan who is brave enough to go for it. He was always the braver one. Maybe that's why Kris would go greater lengths just for him.

But Junmyeon would too. For Kris.

The only difference is that Junmyeon is crazier than Luhan. And Junmyeon paid the price.

He is limping as he heads to Luhan who is standing anxiously by the escalator. It's been days and the image of Luhan is still enough to make his insides boil. But Luhan was his best choice. And Luhan was willing to risk in helping him getting his most loved possession back even if it meant going against his boyfriend. Knowing Kris for most of his life, he knows the taller's wrath isn't something to be taken lightly. Junmyeon's unhealed bruised lip is one of the proof.

He didn't know that their line is still connected until Luhan suddenly shouts in his ear. “No! Junmyeon! Turn around.”

Junmyeon stops in his tracks. He's almost there. “What?”

“. Junmyeon, run!”

Before he could even chide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter