All Goes Down

Counting To Our Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12.9k words

 

Since Junmyeon’s appetite changed, Sehun couldn’t bring him to eat dessert in the town. Literally, it changed drastically. He remembers Junmyeon would have had 2 rounds of lunch at home then a round of dessert at the workers' headquarters. Now, it’s been reduced to only one round and it’s not even a full plate of meal. There are countless things that Sehun wants to bring back and one of them is Junmyeon’s chubby cheeks. His appetite. But with or without, he’s beautiful regardless.

But because Junmyeon refuses to eat anything anymore, despite Sehun bringing him to the pastry shops, instead, Sehun brings Junmyeon to the center of the town where there’s busking at the fountain. Apparently, it’s not Junmyeon’s first time because the singer knew Junmyeon well from their waves.

The younger is not at all familiar with any of the songs. His taste is a bit more… pop. But at least Junmyeon is enjoying himself. His fingers are drumming to the music and the way his body sways slightly, Sehun knows he made the right choice to bring Junmyeon here. “She’s really good, right?” Junmyeon whispers enthusiastically after pulling Sehun’s sleeve for him to crouch.

“She is.” Sehun nods as he takes a seat beside Junmyeon’s wheelchair.

They sit there wordlessly while the busker is attracting more and more people. It’s a small town after all because it seems like all of them are friends as they show her support by giving her warm drinks and pastries. The crowd starts clapping to the rhythm when she plays a more upbeat song. Junmyeon too knows the routine. It makes Sehun wonder if it’s a significant thing with this song. Just like how each idol have their own ‘fan chants.’

It’s a bright town, indeed.

“This is one of her famous songs in this town. It’s call Ring To Heart.”. Junmyeon fills in for Sehun. According to him, this woman who is known as Seulgi is a veteran singer and apparently very famous. The town people had such high hopes of her to break into the music industry world which she did but after 3 years, she went back to her roots.

Too much corruption in the industry, as the singer had said. Plus, they wanted to change her music and that’s when she realized that she rather keeps her music in the town who would appreciate it rather than trying to monopolize it.

“She’s not wrong, though. It’s one scary industry..” Sehun shrugs, leaning himself against Junmyeon’s wheelchair. “The only way to survive it…is to have money.”

“That does sound scary. Maybe it’s one of the reasons why I prefer it here, you know.”

Sehun glances up to see Junmyeon staring blankly at the singer’s guitar.

"I mean I think everyone needs money to survive. It really is the priority of life. But unlike the city," Junmyeon looks towards him. "It's enough, you know."

Well, Junmyeon does look like he has already contended with his life here. If Sehun was to ask Junmyeon to come back to the city, would that wreck the peace he has built?

"You're not planning to stay here forever, right?" Sehun asks although he is hesitant of Junmyeon's answer.

"Why not?" Junmyeon shrugs.

Because you belong with me. In the city, Sehun wanted to say. He's been meaning to ask Junmyeon to come back home. He doesn’t have to live in the Wu household where he lived before. Sehun wouldn't mind buying an apartment for the both of them. It was conceited but Sehun imagined what it would be like to get home from work and finds Junmyeon waiting for him with dinner ready.

This is why Sehun has many reasons to envy Chanyeol.

Sehun bites his lips. However so, he can't rush the latter. "I just thought you might want to come home sooner or later."

"You mean in the city?" Junmyeon snorts, letting out a little laugh. That's exactly what Sehun had in mind but evidently Junmyeon finds it funny. "Sehun, this is my home now. Rafflesia is where I belong now."

That's a lie. "But you were born and raised in the city. Even your parents are there. Don't you remember your real home?"

"Oh, I remember lots from there, alright," Junmyeon says, almost annoyed. "But time has changed, people changed."

"Changed?"

"Yeah, like my mom was raised here in Rafflesia before she worked with your mother. This place was once her home but now it's in the city, right?"

Junmyeon does have a point. Although Sehun heard this from Chanyeol but he didn't think that it was the truth. How obnoxious of him to still think after all this time, Junmyeon would be longing to come back just like how Sehun longs for Junmyeon to be a part of their life again.

Maybe the one that is in denial wasn’t Chanyeol. It has been him.

But still,

Sehun doesn't want to board the flight home without Junmyeon.

His mood dampens at the thought of it and Junmyeon sorts off notice this. Well, why else would Sehun frown while pulling the grasses out of the ground if he's not upset? Maybe Junmyeon stepped on a landmine that he's not at all aware of. "Uhmm Sehun, do u have any song in mind? Seulgi takes request."

It's working. Sehun's attention diverts to the new topic. "Really?"

"Yeah. Only if she knows the song."

Is that so? Sehun glances to the kid next to him who is sketching a notebook. He murmurs something to him before the kid tears a piece of paper and hands Sehun an extra pen. The brown-haired male thank him before he starts jotting down on the piece of paper.

Junmyeon cranes his neck to try and see but Sehun backs away, preventing Junmyeon from peeking. “What are you writing?”

“Be patient,” Sehun tells him, still writing. “You will know soon enough.”

When he’s done, Sehun whispers at the little boy’s ear again and the kid stands up then makes his way through the crowd. Junmyeon sees the paper that Sehun wrote is being passed to Seulgi. “Did you request for a song?”

This time, Sehun nods. He’s not sure whether this Seulgi girl will know the song that he wanted her to play so he wrote around 5 songs for her to choose. 5 is too little. He won’t tell Junmyeon this, or anyone as a matter of fact. There are so many playlists that he made for Junmyeon.

The songs that remind him of Junmyeon’s smile. The songs that he wished he could say to Junmyeon when he cries. The songs when he misses Junmyeon. And mostly, the songs where Junmyeon would know how much the younger loves him.

It’s the fact that Sehun couldn’t convey most of his hidden feelings for Junmyeon throughout his years of loving Junmyeon that he has a stupidly long list of playlists. It is how he copes with having to conceal his true heart.

“So here’s another request from… I don’t know who, they didn’t state their name. And this is for… someone with the initials KJM.” The singer starts testing with the guitar chords. After she found the right tune, she clears . “Fun fact, this person wrote more than 3 songs and I only know two of them. This song is actually my favorite. So KJM, if you’re listening, this is a song for you.”

Junmyeon looks at him expectantly with sparkling eyes and Sehun has to hide his face in between his knees. This is pretty embarrassing for him too but he thinks Junmyeon would very much like this. “Listen close.” Sehun mutters, turning his head to the side. “I mean every single word.”

Junmyeon gulps as he follows Sehun to look forward to the singer.

The first strum of tune hits and Junmyeon doesn’t recognize the song. It’s very relaxed, almost serene. If Seulgi plays while her eyes are closed, it means that it’s a pretty good song. Junmyeon waits for the first words to be sang.

 

♪ ~

 

It’s a different place, a different time

But my love is right

Even by your scent that passes with the wind

I know it’s you

 

Junmyeon feels his breath hitches.

 

But I don’t know

When did you start living in my heart?

I don’t know

The reason my heart flutters when I see you

 

You can pass me by because you

Forgot about me

Because until you remember I will

Wait for you

 

My love, look at me

Do you still love me?

My love, look at my eyes and tell me

 

Just like the lyrics, Junmyeon finds himself turning his head to Sehun. The latter didn’t look anywhere but him. Ever so gently, Junmyeon feels Sehun slides his fingers together with Junmyeon’s.

 

A heart full of love, can’t be hidden

 

Is it a good time to say that Junmyeon’s heart might just jump out from his throat? The squeeze on his hand, he can see the sincerity in Sehun’s eyes. It has always been there. But tonight, it sparkles brightly that Junmyeon finds himself flabbergasted.

It’s impossible for his heart to stop beating but Junmyeon could swear it did skip a beat when Sehun kisses the back of his hand. The tender gaze never left the older and it scared the blond so much. It is when Sehun mouthed the three words to him with the most sincere grin Junmyeon had ever seen that he thinks he is a goner.

 

Don’t ever forget the truth that I was

By your side

Don’t erase my heart that could sacrifice

Everything for you

 

But I don’t know

When did you start living in my heart?

I don’t know

The reason my heart flutters when I see you

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” It was initially only Junmyeon’s mind was speaking but then his lips move without he intended too.

Sehun his head to the side, feigning ignorance. “Like what?”

Junmyeon snorts. “Like I mean the whole world to you.” In the end, it is all futile because Sehun will leave. He has engraved that fact in his head every single morning so that there’s no space to hope. He won’t risk of getting hurt.

“You do,” Sehun says easily. “Dearly, Junmyeon.”

And then Sehun sees it. He sees Junmyeon's gaze drop to his lips and he just knows that Junmyeon too wants this but it is his past that’s preventing him. "Can I kiss u?" Sehun can't help the question from escaping.

He is prepared for rejection. Sehun really did. But albeit the worry in Junmyeon's eyes, the blond nods before he flutters his eyes close.

Sehun had to collect himself for a second because holy Junmyeon is letting him. The latter is even holding his breath and Sehun didn’t think Junmyeon would willing to. Gulping, Sehun sits up and kneels by Junmyeon's side. His heart is beating so fast and this wasn’t like their first kiss where it feels like there was a rush in his blood. Then again, he was fighting with Junmyeon at that time. But this time, Junmyeon is waiting for him.

The moment Sehun's hand touch Junmyeon's nape, the smaller flinches then opens his eyes. They are just inches apart and their eyes meet before Junmyeon shies away and looks down. His neck is starting to burn.

How are you so beautiful, Sehun gently caresses Junmyeon's bottom lip. Junmyeon never saw his worth and that saddens him because God knows how he wishes to prove otherwise. It was always in Sehun's dream to be in this position. "I love you." Sehun whispers before leaning forward and their lips touched for the second time.

His lips are soft, just as he imagined back then. The male before him freezes as Sehun presses their lips harder.

When the taller pulls back, Junmyeon is too scared to look at Sehun so his eyes remain shuts. In Sehun’s part, he thinks that Junmyeon wanted him to continue so he did what he thought he should. Ever so gently he parts Junmyeon's lips with his finger and then their lips touched again. This time, Sehun lets his bottom lip in between Junmyeon's as he nips Jumyeon's upper ones. At a slow pace, Sehun tries to fit their lips together again for a much deeper kiss. Junmyeon doesn’t move his hands and Sehun thinks it's okay.

At least the elder is kissing him back.

All of the noise in the background, Sehun couldn’t focus on them any longer. It was as if the world went silent and all that is left is just Junmyeon in between his palms.

It was Junmyeon who pulls back from the kiss. Sehun can’t read Junmyeon's mind but he hopes it was as breathless as what Sehun had felt. Brushing the blond male's cheekbone, Sehun tugs Junmyeon's nape until their foreheads touch. "On God, Junmyeon, I love you. More than you can imagine."

Since the word is out, Sehun is having trouble to keep it in. He has a feeling that it'll be hard to not utter it to Junmyeon every time his feelings get overwhelmed. And Junmyeon always drive him crazy.

"Sehun, I... I don't know." Junmyeon whispers, his breathing is winded. Sehun notes how Junmyeon still can’t look at him in his eyes. "About us...I don't know... yet."

 

Yet.

That’s not a flat rejection, right? Sehun knows everything is overwhelming for Junmyeon. Heck, it even is for Sehun. Junmyeon would be having a tougher time to process all of this. Plus, demanding an immediate answer from Junmyeon would probably lead to more confusion. It's better to give Junmyeon space for him to consider everything that is happening.

"Hey, it's okay." Sehun hushes, palm still holding onto Junmyeon's jaw. "You don't have to tell me anything now. It's alright, don't overthink."

The blond male then nodded. This might not be the final answer but this progression is massive and more than Sehun could ever wish for.

 

In the same place, in the same time, we’re together

U can always come to me, back to your place

 

With you

For you

 

My love look at me

Do you still love me?

 

When the song ends, Junmyeon finds the courage to finally look at Sehun's face. It was night time, yes, but if he's not wrong (he's pretty sure he is not), Sehun's eyes are becoming glassy. He's conflicted but right now, as Sehun is giving him a lingering kiss on the forehead, for once, Junmyeon accepts whatever this bubble of happiness in his heart dearly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost half-past 10 when they arrived home. Sehun still has this infatuated smile on his face and it somehow makes Junmyeon shy as well. Nevertheless, Junmyeon doesn’t regret about what had happened. It makes his heart full.

The first thing they see when they arrive is Baekhyun and Chanyeol hugging outside in front of the front door. As soon as Chanyeol releases the smaller male, he leans down to kiss Baekhyun’s lips. This doesn’t come as a surprise for Sehun at all but this would be Junmyeon’s first time seeing that.

“Drive safely.” Chanyeol advises him as he brushes Baekhyun’s bangs.

The black-haired male made a peace sign before releasing the taller.

Chanyeol was about to enter the house when suddenly he hears Baekhyun gasps. “Junmyeon!” The brunet immediately turns around to see Sehun and Junmyeon making his way to them. . How long have they been there?

“Hey,” Junmyeon greets them enthusiastically. “You’re here!”

Baekhyun lets out a nervous laugh. He’s not sure whether Chanyeol actually got through into telling Junmyeon yet. But the way he finds Junmyeon looking surprised, Baekhyun thinks he has already gotten his answer. “Yeah, I was just leaving. Dropping by to see Chanyeol.”

“I see.” Junmyeon gives Baekhyun a sly smile. “So, what were you two doing just now?”

Ahh… No doubt that he saw it. It’s a bit embarrassing since he never did kiss Chanyeol in front of Junmyeon. He’s afraid about how Junmyeon would think of their relationship. Well, Junmyeon means a lot to Chanyeol so Baekhyun really does care a lot about what Junmyeon thinks of him.

However, Baekhyun is worried for nothing as Junmyeon tells him that if Chanyeol and Baekhyun are together, then he supports them wholeheartedly. The blond gives him a thumbs up. Glancing behind Junmyeon, Sehun gives him an encouraging grin.

Finally.

It’s about time anyways, Sehun considers. Junmyeon should have known by now. Chanyeol can’t stall any longer even if he wants to. Speaking of which, the taller man only stands dumbly at the door and only waves his boyfriend goodbye after Baekhyun turns to smile at him.

As Baekhyun drives off, the three of them head inside. Chanyeol has his hands in his pockets, walking slower than usual. Sehun sees the guilt in Chanyeol’s face even though Junmyeon seems fine that Chanyeol is dating. See? There’s really nothing for Chanyeol to worry about. Though, Sehun is sure the brunet is stalling on purpose for some other reason.

 

“Let’s go to sleep. I’m tired.” Chanyeol says with a pout while tugging Junmyeon’s sleeves. Sehun almost scoffs at the action if it weren’t for him being the bigger person.

Junmyeon looks at the time then towards Chanyeol. “You’re sleepy already?”

“Yes, there were more customers than usual today.”

Oh. “Okay.” Although Junmyeon says that, but he is confused as well. Chanyeol isn’t a baby, and usually, he has no problem in going to bed before Junmyeon by himself. However, it’s not like Junmyeon had known Chanyeol just yesterday. He absolutely knows when Chanyeol feels guilty or upset. It’s either a sudden meal or the ‘kicked puppy’ look. And this happens to be the latter.

“Goodnight, Sehun.” Junmyeon bids him goodnight.

Still, Sehun didn’t plan on saying goodbye just like that. Before he walks off to his room, Sehun bends down and plants a kiss on Junmyeon’s temple. The blond jolts at the action before turning red. “Sehun, you…”

Sehun smirks as he walks pass Chanyeol and into his room. It’s childish, really, but at least Chanyeol gets the memo.

If Junmyeon is shocked, then Chanyeol is terrified. Even worse is that how natural Sehun did it, and although Junmyeon did flinch, he didn’t push Sehun away. Now, Chanyeol does think that something even bigger happened while they were out.

“Chanyeol,” Junmyeon calls him. “You’re blocking the way.”

“Right.” The brunet brushes his nape, stepping aside to let Junmyeon in the room.

As usual, the first thing Junmyeon does before going to bed is to head to the toilet. He should finish all his business first or else it'll be a hassle once he gets comfy on the bed.

As he said, during this time Chanyeol would still be outside, reading his manga together with Sehun who also sleeps late because of work. So, Junmyeon is confident that something is going on. Still, he lets Chanyeol begin whenever he wants to.

Once Junmyeon's out of the toilet, he wheels himself to his bed. Chanyeol is already lying down on his side facing him. Already used to it, Junmyeon lifts himself onto the bed without much hassle or Chanyeol's help. He makes himself in a comfortable position before turning his head to Chanyeol. "So," he starts. "What do you want to talk about?"

Chanyeol moves closer towards the blond male. "Me and Baekhyun." The brunet says, and to this, Junmyeon immediately smiles.

"I’m happy for you! Who knew after those months, you guys finally stop beating around the bush." Junmyeon congratulates him. What Junmyeon had said is indeed the truth except that they've gotten together longer than Junmyeon thinks. Chanyeol wants to be completely honest because, in that way, Junmyeon can be too.

"Actually, we got together almost 2 weeks ago." The smile slips off Junmyeon's face. Chanyeol knew this would happen and he hates how Junmyeon’s expression turns a 180 degree right now.

"Wait, seriously?" Junmyeon tries to sit up as Chanyeol refuses to look Junmyeon in the eyes again. "How did I not know this?"

Chanyeol can just hear the frown in Junmyeon's voice. He knew that he should have told Junmyeon on the first day he got together with Baekhyun. He was supposed to tell him that noon when he cooked lunch for Junmyeon but he somehow forgot about it the whole day (thanks to his boss who kept texting about work). “Look, I know I should have told you this sooner, and I’m really really sorry. The lunch that I cooked for us was to tell you that but then my boss had to yell at me about work and it totally slipped off my head. And I know you’re mad. And I’m really sorry.”

“I’m not mad, Chanyeol.” Junmyeon heaves a sigh. He is really not. But Chanyeol had more than a week to tell him. Though, it is still Chanyeol’s decision at the end of the day to tell him or not. “I’m just… Why didn’t you tell me? Did you think that I would be against it?”

“No! That’s not it.” Chanyeol hides his face in his pillows. “I just wanted to help you… with Sehun.” His voice is muffled by the pillows.

“With Sehun?” Why does Junmyeon need help with—

Oh…

Oh!

Oh my God, it was his fault all along. All this time while he calls Chanyeol his fiancé, his best friend is actually with someone else. , that was so embarrassing! “You could’ve told me Chanyeol. I would have dropped the act immediately.” Junmyeon can’t imagine having someone calling your boyfriend as his fiancé. That would’ve wrecked his spirit. “Baekhyun!” Junmyeon gasps, holding both sides of his head. “Baekhyun, Oh my God! I literally called you my fiancé. In front of Baekhyun!”

Literally. Shamelessly in Baekhyun’s face. Oh my God, the ground should have just swallowed him right here. Although Junmyeon did demand Chanyeol to tell Baekhyun the truth since Sehun figured it out and they don’t have to lie anymore. Still, they were in a relationship while Junmyeon practically threw the lie around.

“It’s fine, Junmyeon.” Chanyeol lifts his face. “I’ve made up for it to Baekhyun.”

Junmyeon really doesn’t want to ask how.

The taller can really be an idiot sometimes. Then again, Chanyeol is his idiot. The things Chanyeol would do for him, he’s not sure whether to knuckle him on the head or give him a kiss on the cheek. “Well, how long were you planning to hide it from me?”

Chanyeol bites his lips. He can’t really answer that because, after the talk with Sehun, he definitely didn’t plan on doing it anytime soon. It’s selfish of him, he knows, but Chanyeol stands on his ground that Junmyeon shouldn’t go back to the city. “Soon.” He answers just that.

“Oh, Chanyeol.” Junmyeon exhales, ruffling the taller male’s hair. “What do I do with you?”

Now that the truth is already out, the guilt in Chanyeol can finally vanish. However, a new part is born in Chanyeol and it is called worry. Extreme worry. Will Junmyeon really leave this place? “Since I told you the truth, can you be honest to me as well.” Chanyeol turns to lie on his back.

“Hmm?” Junmyeon hums.

The brunet scoots closer, leaning his head on his elbow. He gives Junmyeon the puppy dog eyes, the only ones that Junmyeon has a hard time battling. “Are you going to leave me?”

The blond stares at him for a while before bursting into laughter. That’s what he is worried about? “Wait, are you serious?”

“I am!” Chanyeol huffs. “You’re not supposed to be laughing.” He pouts and Junmyeon has to resist pinching the latter’s cheek. He really is a giant baby.

“Why? Because you just started dating?”

“No.” Chanyeol replies flatly. “Because you’re kissing Wu Sehun which means you’re going to date him and in the end, you’ll go back to the city and leave me.” Chanyeol says it so fast but it became softer towards the end. Still, Junmyeon manage to catch it perfectly.

Junmyeon’s Adam’s apple bobs as he gulps. “He told you, didn’t he?” When Chanyeol nods, everything made sense why Chanyeol and Sehun couldn’t get along no matter how many times Junmyeon tried. “Is that what you guys were talking about just now? Is that why you were angry?”

“Of course, Junmyeon! How can I not be?!” The man in front of him finally groans out of frustration. “He’s taking you back to where your past speaks the loudest. You don’t think I would be worried?”

By now, Chanyeol is no longer lying down but sitting up as well. Is this what Chanyeol has been thinking ever since Sehun returns into Junmyeon’s life? He never knew that Chanyeol would think about all this.

“So tell me, Junmyeon. Are you dating Wu Sehun or are you not?” Chanyeol finishes his exasperations.

Junmyeon sees Chanyeol’s hand creeps into his slender ones. There are not many episodes where Chanyeol is genuinely upset but this time, he is really upset, Junmyeon can see Chanyeol’s body language.

“Tell me,” the taller man’s eyes drop to their joint hands. “Are you really going to leave me?”

The air around them suffocates Chanyeol. He’s scared of Junmyeon’s answer. But what he dislikes the most is not knowing where Junmyeon stands in all of this.

“I’m not dating him…” Is what Junmyeon said after a room of silence. Chanyeol glances back at Junmyeon’s face and the blond’s lips are pressed into a thin line. “I don’t know actually. But what I know is that…” Chanyeol feels a squeeze at his hand. “That everything will end when he goes back to the city.”

“That’s not true.”

“But it is,” Junmyeon insists. “He’ll get tired of me. He’ll be exhausted of my constant ‘no’s. And eventually, he’ll find someone better than me.”

That’s not what Chanyeol had meant. Can Sehun even find someone better than Junmyeon? Chanyeol knows he can’t. “Well, that’s a struggle for him.”

It manage to make Junmyeon break into a smile again. Tenderly this time. “I’m serious. I don’t plan on returning to the city, Chanyeol.”

“Why not?” Chanyeol questions. Won’t Junmyeon’s life would be much easier? There’s Sehun who could give you everything. He gets to be near his parents. Better than Chanyeol can ever give to Junmyeon, the brunet solemnly thinks. If he had a quarter of Sehun’s wealth, he too would have given Junmyeon everything.

“Really, Chanyeol?” Junmyeon looks at him ridiculously. “I lost a lot of things, Chanyeol. A lot. Family and friends. Career and path. You name it. All because I was jealous of someone who I can’t have.” This is the first time that Chanyeol hears it directly from Junmyeon’s mouth about any detail of his past. “I’ve built everything from the first step here. With you. I won’t go anywhere even if they ask me to.”

The heavy bricks on his shoulders are starting to dissipate one by one. Is this the truth? “You promise?” He brings out his pinky finger in between them. If it weren’t for Chanyeol trying to believe Junmyeon’s words, he would have seen the hesitation in Junmyeon’s eyes. But he trusts Junmyeon more than anything.

“I promise.” Junmyeon crosses their pinkies.

Finally, Chanyeol can give Junmyeon his famous wide smile that he is known in the town for it. He’s glad that the light is back on Chanyeol’s face. Even though it’s cute but when the taller smiles, the Sun has got no competition on Chanyeol. He is handsome like this. “So, don’t worry about things that you’ve known already, okay? Besides, someone like Sehun shouldn’t be with someone like me.”

Chanyeol snorts. “What does that even mean?”

“You know,” Junmyeon shrugs. “He’s like someone far out of my reach. He has hundreds, maybe thousands of people depending on him. A mall to run. It’s not like he’ll have time for me or anything if I follow him back to the city. He’s too… high up there. I couldn’t catch up with him and he would have struggled to slow himself down for me.”

“Then, who exactly that is deserving of your grace, my princess.”

“Oh stop it.” The blond swats Chanyeols hand that was pinching his cheeks. He exhales as he lies down again. “Now that I think of it. I don’t know. Dating might be possible but marriage? I don’t know.” Marriage is a promise of forever. Junmyeon might be able to keep it. But it’s only just a matter of time for the other to break it.

“It is possible!”

“Really?” Junmyeon muses. “In that case, if I am to get married, then I want a husband that’s one, very humble. Two, stays and work nearby. Three, someone who is not well-known. Four, someone who smiles a lot because I need that energy, obviously. And most importantly, someone who is willing to stay by my side forever.”

After hearing the list of characteristics, Chanyeol lets out a small laugh. “You do know I fit all of the requirements.”

Now that Chanyeol has mentioned it, it’s kind of true. Chanyeol is indeed humble, works nearby, he’s quite well-known but not nationally so that’s passable, and he definitely smiles a lot. That’s 4/5 of his requirements. “Hey, you’re right! Maybe we should just get married, huh?” he jokes.

However, Chanyeol didn’t respond to his joke. Instead, the male stares down to him for like a whole 10 seconds before the brunet lies down on his sides. “Don’t say that like you mean it.”

Ahh, how insensitive of him. Chanyeol has a boyfriend right now. Sheesh, Junmyeon needs to re-evaluate their boundaries now. He wouldn’t want to make Chanyeol or Baekhyun uncomfortable. “Right. Sorry about—”

“Because I would have dropped everything and propose to you right now if you’d let me.” Chanyeol says quickly without looking at Junmyeon’s eyes despite facing him.

That stunned Junmyeon like no other. He’s waiting for Chanyeol to look at him and say that he’s joking to get back at him. But the latter only stalls and Junmyeon recognizes the guilt on Chanyeol’s face. “Chanyeol, you’re joking, right?”

Another pause before Chanyeol gives him a smile that barely reaches his ears. "Of course,"

What Junmyeon wishes for Chanyeol to not give him a scare like that. For a second, he was really fooled.

Turning aside, Junmyeon switches off the table lamp and the room turns dark. "Let's sleep." His face is facing away from Chanyeol because... he's not sure why. Just when he was about to close his eyes, he hears rustling close to him and then Chanyeol’s forehead is resting on his nape.

This is normal. It's totally normal for Chanyeol to cuddle him to sleep especially during winter. Sometimes, even Junmyeon has a hard time sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter