A Surprise from CEO-nim?

Find A Way

Everything was going smoothly for the four girls. They were more in sync now that the tension between the two older girls were resolve. Although there are still times that they bicker, especially during practice but nothing too serious.

It was during one of their late-night practices that their CEO came to visit with some news. They were already on their last bit of finishing the choreography when he came in smiling widely.

“Alright I have some good news for you girls, so listen up.” He started.

All four of them turned their focus on their CEO, waiting with bated breath for what’s about to come from his mouth.

“You think he’s gonna add another member to the group?” Yongsun turned her head towards the rapper and saw the light smirk on her face.

The singer couldn’t help but laugh at that and shook her head, silently telling the other girl to behave before they get in trouble. Byul just smiled at her once more and looked back at their CEO.

Yongsun was still in awe every time she thinks about what happened these past few months. Here she was on her way of pursuing her dreams when her best friend came back and forgave her. Thinking about it still makes her heart jump for joy and she unconsciously moved a bit closer to the silver haired girl.

“So that’s it! You girls get yourselves ready for next week alright?”

She was brought out of her musings when he heard their CEO’s voice.

Wait, what? Ready for what?

“Yong I’m counting on you.”

“Y-yes sir.” She stammered.

What did I just agree to?

“Wow, I can’t believe this.” She turned and looked their maknae, “We’re really going to perform at their company?”

“I don’t know if I’m more nervous or excited about it.” Wheein said giddily.

Perform? Perform where? Yong was still lost about the whole situation. That was until she felt someone hold her arm.

“Isn’t this exciting unnie?” said Wheein, “We get to go to SM Entertainment!”

WHAT?

 

 

“Shut up Byul!” The singer chastised and crossed her arms.

They were already back at their dorm sitting around the living room. The rapper just continued laughing along with the other two girls which made her pout more.

The other three had filled her in about the whole SM entertainment situation on their way back but it looks like her childhood friend thought her zoning out was hilarious for some reason.

“Come on unnie,” she said while trying to hold her laugh, “it is pretty funny.”

“Yeah, unnie.” Wheein agreed while still laughing good heartedly, “Who would have thought that you would ignore our CEO.”

“I didn’t ignore him,” she stated, “I was just thinking of some other things.”

“In other words, you ignored him.”

Yongsun cracked a smile at that and joined them laughing. “I guess I did, didn’t I?”

“What do you think is gonna happen on Monday?” Hyejin suddenly asked.

“No idea.” Byul answered, “He didn’t really give us any information on what we’re going to do there, so I guess we wait.”

They were all quiet for a moment when Hyejin suddenly gasp.

“Hey,” she started “what do you think their practice room looks like?”

“Ohhhhhhh I bet it’s bigger than the one we’re used to.” Wheein said excitedly.

The young girl couldn’t keep her excitement at bay and was lightly bouncing on her seat which made Yong laugh.

“It’s definitely bigger.” that comment made Yongsun stop laughing and looked curiously at Byul. “Not to mention the building itself is huge.”

All three pairs of eyes are now looking directly at their rapper while the said girl was comfortably sitting on the sofa.

“You sounded like you’ve been there already Byul-ah.” Their eldest joked.

“I have.” She confirmed. “I was a trainee there before.”

“WHAT?” All three yelled at the same time.

“Wait, wait, wait you were a trainee at SM Entertainment unnie?”

“Why haven’t you mentioned it before?”

“Did you leave the agency then?”

"Come on tell us unnie!" The two youngest questioned Byul one after the other. Each one at her side trying to get answers from their mysterious unnie while the later continued laughing.

Yongsun couldn’t believe what she just heard. She was surprised at the fact that Byul was a trainee from another company before. Don’t get her wrong, she knows how talented the other woman is it was just her impression that Byul had no intention of being an idol before their CEO came to her.

“It’s not a big deal,” Byul finally answered. “besides, I was cut after about 8 months or so.”

The statement caught Youngsun’s attention.

“You were cut? Why?” She questioned her directly.

“I was overweight. Didn’t make the cut.” The rapper simply shrugged and laughed at their reactions.

“Geez even with your talent?”

“Well, you know how it is. I’m only glad our company is not as strict as the others out there.”

Byul said while stretching out her arms and looked at them. Yongsun could tell that their youngest members felt a little down. She could take a guess on what’s going through their minds right now since she’s probably thinking the same thing.

If Byul got cut even with her voice, what could it mean for us?

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” She consoled them. “I got over it already, besides if they didn’t cut me from training, I wouldn’t be here now, would I?”

That got a smile out of everyone. She was right of course, if she were still a trainee under a different company who knows what would have happened?

Besides, not everything should be about looks. We’ll show the whole South Korea what we’ve got!

“Alright that’s enough guys. I think it’s time we get some sleep.”

Wheein and Hyejin let out a series of protest but in the end the eldest won and they all head off to bed. The youngest of the two did so begrudgingly.

That night Yongsun found herself staring at her bedroom ceiling.

I guess there are a lot more things I still need to know about the new Byul.

She turned and looked at her roommates sleeping form and found herself smiling. She doesn’t know why but having the girl back in her life made it seem brighter and she doesn’t want to do anything that would make her disappear again.

I promise to make it up to you every day Byul-ah. We have all the time to get to know each other again.

Yongsun thought as she drifted off to sleep.