Dreaming of You

Find A Way

“Hey chipmunk unnie! How long are you planning to stand there like an idiot?”

A young girl in pigtails looked away from the flower she was staring at only to find her best friend standing a couple of feet away from her. Her brows furrowed as soon as she realized what the girl called her.

“I’m not a chipmunk alright!” she yelled causing the other girl to laugh. “I’m older than you so you should show some respect.” Little Yongsun said while pouting.

She was hoping that the other girl would stop laughing at her and so she kept quiet and turned away. She heard footsteps coming closer but she didn’t turn around.

“Hey,” she heard her being called but didn’t dare look back.

“Are you really mad?” No. Nope. Not turning around. Yongsun thought to herself.

“Yong?” You can’t make me turn around. Not this time. She was determined to ignore the younger girl.

“U-unnie?” all thoughts of ignoring her went out the window as soon as she heard little sniffles coming from her friend. She immediately turned and saw the girl crying silently.

“Hey wait no! I’m not mad!” she hugged her close while patting her head and she can feel the girl hugging her back. “Come on don’t cry. I was just teasing, stop crying okay?”

 

 

“Unnie.”

Yongsun feels someone shaking her from sleep but she shrugs them off and rolls over the other side of her comfy bed.

“Unnie.”

She heard the voice again but sleep was still calling her and so she chose to ignore the sweet voice and pulled the blanket over her head, determined to get some more sleep.

“She’s not waking up is she?”  

Another voiced popped up and as soon as she heard a huff from the later she felt her blanket being pulled from her which made Yongsun curl up to keep herself warm.

“Really unnie? Come on you have to wake up or we’ll be late!”

“Five more minutes.”  She mumbled sleepily and used her pillow to hide herself away.

Everything was quiet for a couple of seconds and Yongsun thought she managed to keep the maknaes away for a while. She was already falling back into slumber when she felt someone sit on the bed and before she could protest her pillow was snatched away and she heard the most annoying sound of a bell ringing.

“Arrghh Hyejin! Will you stop playing with that stupid bell?” she groaned while trying to shield herself away from being hit with a pillow by her other roommate. “Wheein come on stop that!” She snatched the pillow away and glared at the short brown haired girl who was hitting her with it.

“No can do unnie,” she looked to her left and saw Hyejin holding some sort of metal bowl that made the terrible sound. “We can’t be late or else we’ll get in trouble with manager unnie.”

“Again!” said Wheein as she grinned while walking out the room. “So hurry up Hyejin already made breakfast.”

She plopped back down on her bed wishing she could sleep in but she knows it’s impossible.  She looked at her night stand to see a framed picture of the three of them taken when they first moved in to the dorm type house. All of them had smiles on their faces as they crowded on the kitchen counter with a tub of ice cream between them.

That’s right. She thought to herself. I need to get up and get ready. We won’t debut as an idol by laying around in bed all day.

“Do I need to use this bell again unnie?”

Hyejin was still standing at the foot of the bed staring at her until Yongsun got up and made her way over to the kitchen. They finished with a quick breakfast and got ready to leave for the studio but as soon as Yongsun got to her room she was reminded of the dream she had.

Why did I dream of her again? It’s been a while since the last time it happened.

A knock on her door startled her, “Unnie? Please don’t tell me you went back to sleep in there.”

She pushed the thought of her dream away as she grabbed her bag from her desk and went out the door. “I’m ready, let’s go!”

 

“Alright that’s enough! I think it’s time for a beak.” As soon as those words came out of Yongsun’s mouth her members were quick to sit down and catch their breaths, hoping to cool down from practicing all day.

Youngsun was drenched in sweat as they were preparing for their monthly evaluation and as the leader she made it her personal mission to do well along with everyone. Looking at her two dongsaes she couldn’t help but smile. Wheein was currently sitting on the floor drinking water while trying to fend off Hyejin from taking it away saying that she has her own water by the table.

She was contemplating whether to stop the two before the water spills all over when the door to their practice room opened and their CEO walked in.

“Hi girls. I see you’re all working hard.”

All three jumped up to greet him.

“Alright girls settle down. I came here today since I have an announcement to make. Do you still remember that time I told you that we were planning to add one final member to your group?”

They all nodded silently.  It wasn’t that long ago that their CEO called a meeting to tell them they were adding a fourth member to the group saying that they found the perfect addition to their little family but they were still talking with the girl.

“Well we finally manage to convince her and she’ll be joining your practice session soon.”

The silence after that statement made it clear that not all of them were comfortable with the idea but seeing as it was the company’s decision they had to go along with it and as the leader Yongsun decided to break the awkward silence that seemed to take over the room.

“When will we meet the new girl CEO Kim?”

As soon as Yongsun broke the silence the other two followed suit and asked questions one after the other.

“What is she like?”

“Was she a previous trainee?”

“Where did you say you found her again?”

“What’s her name?”

“One at a time girls,” their CEO let out a breath once the three settled down. “You’ll meet her tomorrow so I suggest you save all your questions until them, okay?”

Once their CEO left the three huddled up and continued talking about the new addition to the team.

“I wonder what’s so special about her.” Their youngest thought out loud. “I mean it seems like the CEO man hunted her personally.”

Wheein leaned her head on her best friends shoulder as she answered, “I don’t know but I heard CEO Kim wanted to recruit her for a long time now. She must really be talented.”

I guess we have to wait tomorrow to meet this mysterious person. Yongsun thought as she jumped up startling her members.

“Well like our CEO said, we’ll have all our questions answered tomorrow but right now it’s time to go back to practice!”