And Then There Were Four

Find A Way

Yongsun woke up early the next day to get ready. She was the first one up which was a surprise really, since she would always be the last one to get out of bed. Today’s different though, Yongsun thought. We’ll get to meet our final member, so we must make a good impression. If she’s as good as CEO Kim say she is then I don’t want her to think that we can’t keep up.

She was currently rearranging her bedroom that she’s supposed to share with the new girl starting today. All three of them have been living in the same roof top house that their company provided which only has two bedrooms. Normally Yongsun got her room to herself since the two dongsaes preferred to room together.

Until now that is. Hmmm now that I think about it, this will be the first time that I’ll be rooming with someone. The leader thought as she finished putting all her stuff on her side of the room.

“Not bad Kim Yongsun.” She praised herself as she looks at the now reorganized room. Two beds are on opposite side of the room with a bedside table each. The left side was already filled with all sorts of trinkets, from pictures to stuffed animals and a whole bunch of pillows piled up on top of a rainbow-colored blanket while the right side was still bare except for the single sized bed.

Yongsun made her way to the other room to wake her members but as soon as she was outside she could already hear laughter coming from the living room and just as she suspected the two girls were already dressed for the day drinking coffee.

“And here I thought I would wake you guys up for a change.” She pouted at the two who only laughed at their unnie.

 “Maybe next time unnie.” Giggled Wheein as she snuggled up to her best friend on the couch.

“Why are you up so early? You would normally sleep in until one of us wakes you.” Their youngest asked as she raised her eyebrows. Living together for a long time had them all in tune with each other and being an early riser is not one of their energetic leader’s strong point.

Yongsun made her way over to the couch and sat herself between them, forcing the two girls to separate which earned a protest from Hyejin.

“Just tidying up my room.”

“Oh, I see, you cleaned up. Is it because your afraid that the new girl would take one look at your room and decide to run?” she turned to face a smirking Hyejin but before she could open Wheein joined in the teasing.

“Any sane person would be a bit scared to see all those stuff animals staring into your soul.” The other girl added dramatically while staring off into the distance. These comments earned a slap on both the girls and they ended up slapping each other’s hand away.

“Yahh! Why do two keep ganging up on me? Hyejin has a giant lion in your room but I don’t hear you complaining about it.” She let out a frustrated huff as she tried hit her dongsaes again with little success as it was two against one battle.

Youngsun may be the oldest but even she can’t deny the fact that instead of being the one in control, in these types of situations she was powerless against the two kids.

“Lion is different unnie. He’s smart and kind and doesn’t people’s souls out.”

“Okay you know what you brats? That’s enough teasing. It’s almost time to go.”

Everything was quiet for some time. Everyone was in their own little world while going down the elevator to the parking lot, all lost in thoughts.

I’m Kim Yongsun. Okay no, that sounded too stiff. She thought to herself. How about, hi my name’s Yongsun or maybe, Hi I’m Kim Yongsun but everyone just calls me Yongsun. Was that good? I don’t even know if she’s older or younger than me.  

Her inner monologue was cut short when she heard a mumble coming from her member. “Sorry Wheenie I didn’t hear you. What did you say again?”

“Do you think we’ll get along with the new girl?” the short girl was staring at the floor but Yongsun can see the worry in her eyes. She knows how the other feels abut meeting knew people and she wanted to ease her worries even a little.

“Don’t worry Wheenie,” she put her arm around her as to give comfort which seemed to work as she let out a smile. “I’m sure we’ll get along with the new girl no problem.”

“Yeah,” Hyejin squeezed herself to the other side and they all ended up having a three-way hug which had Yongsun feeling light hearted as well. They may be brats sometimes, but these brats are sweet. She thought. “besides we survived Youngsun unnie so I’m sure the new girl will be fine.”

Yeah... wait what?

“What is that supposed to mean?” She gave their youngest the meanest glare she could come up with which didn’t have much of an effect.

“Now that you mention it she could be an angel compared to our leader.” Wheein agreed whole heartedly.

“Traitor!”

I take back what I said about these two being sweet!

 

 

When they got to their company they all saw their manager waiting for them in the lobby area. They were told that their fourth member just arrived a few minutes before them and that she was with the CEO. All three were instructed to start their morning practice while they wait for the new member to finish signing the contract.

They were in the middle of finishing up their choreography when they saw the door to the practice room opened and their CEO came in.

“Hi girls, good morning.”

They all exchanged greetings, but three girls focus was mainly on the girl hiding behind their CEO. She was small compared to the CEO and had a white cap on covering her face. The only thing visible from Yongsun’s corner was that the girl had long silver hair under her cap. She was also wearing a jacket despite it being summer and a pair of sneakers.

Why does she look familiar?

“I already mentioned that you girls are gonna be a four-man group…”

Yongsun wasn’t listening anymore, she knows it might be rude, but she can’t seem to get her eyes off the girl. She couldn’t get a good look at her face though since she still has that cap on plus their CEO was blocking her view.

There’s something about that girl that seems odd. Why do I feel like I know her from somewhere?

“Let me introduce you all,” she was brought out of her musings when she heard a clap from their CEO and focused on the girl behind him again. “to Miss Moon Byulyi, your new member.”

D-did I hear him right? Did he r-really say Moon Byulyi?

Yongsun could feel her heart pounding when she heard the name. No, it can’t be. Maybe they just have the same name. Yeah that’s right, besides Byul-ah doesn’t like to sing in front of people so why would she join an idol group.

Those thoughts came out the window as soon as their CEO moved aside, she could properly see the girl for the first time since they came in and the sight of the person almost made her want to run or hide. The girl had long silvery hair and a small face. As far as she could see she was also a little taller than her and was standing with both her hands inside her pockets.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet all of you. My name’s Moon Byulyi, it’s good to be working with you.” As soon as the one called Moon Byul finished her introduction her eyes scanned the room and Yongsun was frozen in place as a pair of brown eyes stopped and stared at her.

She could see the subtle change in the girl’s eyes. At first it was shock, then surprised, then anger before it settled for a blank expression and looked elsewhere.

“Hey, unnie are you alright?” she felt Hyejin grabbing her hand with a worried look on her face. Yongsun gave out a smile although it looked like a grimace before nodding her head.

She looked back at Moon Byulyi who was busy listening to their CEO’s instructions to notice her staring. She looks so different from the last time I saw her. Oh God what do I do?

Yongsun was busy panicking inside when all eyes her. The next thing she knew was that the girl she’s been staring at was standing in front of her still wearing the same blank expression from before.

“Moon Byulyi, this is Kim Yongsun. She’s the leader of your team and you’ll also be rooming with her in your dorm.” CEO Kim was all smiles as he introduced the two, unaware of Yongsun’s inner struggle.

Oh crap! Say something, anything!

It was Moon Byulyi who broke the silence between the two, “It’s nice to meet you, Yongsun-shi.” She said with a slight bow.

“Ah y-yes, nice to meet you too.”

As soon as the words left Moonbyul quickly turned to the other members and introduced herself to them. And she was smiling, something she didn’t do when she was facing Yongsun just a few seconds ago.

Why is she acting like she doesn’t know me?

“Unnie, I think you were right,” whispered Wheein while grinning. “I think we’ll get along with her plus she looks so cool.”

Oh god please help me.