xi. sweet nepotism

Mated Love

Can I kick it
캄캄한 하늘 위에 (In the dark sky)
한바탕 난리를 치며 불을 지를 거야 (I’m going to cause a scene and light it on fire)
Can I kick it

너라는 세상을 부숴 버리고 (I’m going to destroy the world that is you)
환하게 눈부셔 버릴 거야 (And shine brightly) - BLACKPINK

Jennie pov

It was always amusing, hearing the pitter patter of y/n’s steps through the house. Every step I took, she’d take three more. Avoiding me was a burden for her, and it was her annoyance that continued to set me alight in the house. I’d purposely go near, hoping to hear her heart double speed and set course for her room. It was enlightening to say the least, always hearing the effect I had on her.

Except… it was eerily quiet today.

It was the weekend, the sun stared down at us from its highest point. I’d had 2 blood bags to compensate, and was currently scoffing down a tub of milk ice cream. It was unsettling to say the least, hearing the house so deserted. I could barely hear the maids sweeping the dust of the furniture, and the guards were as still as stone. Mother was out, dealing with her own royal issues.

It was painful to say the least.

A peek inside her room could do no harm, right? She needs to eat anyways.

If it weren’t for the loud creak echoing, I’d have entered unnoticed. Instead I heard shuffling on the bed before a loud sigh was released. She was still asleep, or else her heart wouldn’t sound so calm. It was slow and still, barely there. It was almost frightening, but I could hear the long inhales she took so I knew she was still alive and breathing.

When I went closer, she was laying on her stomach as her legs tangled with the blanket. Her grey sweatpants were riding low as I saw her back dimples. She looked relaxed, her muscles loose with every breath – and it would’ve looked ethereal if it weren’t for the mottled purple at the top of her back.

I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I tensed with rage…

And embarrassment for the fact that she was completely topless.

Thank god I can’t see her chest… I think?

Her hair was swept to the side in a wave, and I could see the peace pass through her face as her eyes let lax. It was calming to say the least, watching her sleep with no qualms. I could stand here all day and melt to a pile of dust till the full moon illuminates her shaped back.

It was hypnotic, watching her rise and fall in a form of tranquillity.

Almost so, that as I walked closer, my hands found their way onto her back. I could feel the goose bumps rise underneath from my cold fingertips. It was pleasant, knowing how I affect her body.

My hand slid down to the dip in her spine before it went back to her neck. I brushed her hair away, admiring the throbbing vein in her neck before I tucked it behind her ear. I couldn’t help resting my hand on her forehead, feeling the warmth swim under before I let my eyes take over.

And though I wasn’t sure what I’d see, I wasn’t ready for this.

For absolutely nothing.

I could see and hear nothing, yet it was immensely placid.

And it made sense when I stopped and saw y/n staring at me, dazed and confused as my hand remained on her skin. Though I don’t blame her. I’d said stuff that nobody would want to hear. It was gut wrenching, deadly – and I was guilty of the crime. But no force could’ve stopped me from what I said, it felt true at the time. Except it really wasn’t since it was just a ploy.

y/n prevailingly stared back. And as I was about to say something, her body turned so her back was towards me. Though it hurt me that she defied my thoughts, it reminded me that she was in pain – bruised physically and mentally. But I could only focus on one thing at a time, striding to the door before I called out.

“Maid! Bring me an ice pack and a cloth please!”

“Maid?!” I called again.

Annoyed, I rushed back to her bed and delicately inspected the marks. I could tell they would’ve been painful, but I couldn’t tell where they were from. Her dad was reduced to a feeble wimp, and the only other person that touches y/n is…

JOOHYUN!

I swear to god if it was that stupid fairy, I don’t know what I’m going to do. That dumb guard shouldn’t have left his post next to her that day. Shouldn’t have gone past the gates as a whole. Damn my mother, I shouldn’t have thought of her when I set those rules for the guards.

“Hey…” I nudged her gently on the shoulder. “I’m going to bring some ice for you okay? Your back needs some help.” I heard a small mumble before she fell silent again. I took that as a sign to get the ice and quickly left. It was hard to communicate when one doesn’t try, and I knew it was my fault.

I walked quietly, contemplating in my head how I’d apologise.

Should I really say sorry? Nothing was really my fault…

Remembering all I’d been responsible for, I cringed before shaking my head.

Stop it, everything was your fault.

I was really blaming myself for y/n’s behaviour, and it irked me. I’d never been like this, what changed? Was it the way she caught my eye today? The loud sympathy I’d suddenly felt for her? I wasn’t sure, but there was still a blush on my cheeks.

All I could think about was the way her body glowed through the sunshine as her barely toned body fell loose. It was ingrained in my head. Was I being erted? Probably. I blame teenage hormones even though I’m dead but not dead at the same time.

I was confident with the apology I had in mind. It was a whole paragraph, highlighting the moments I’d gone wrong and whished I’d done better. I was ready. I had my head and chest held high, an ice pack in one hand and a towel in the other so she doesn’t get freeze burn.

As I stepped into the room, the bowl and towel slipped through my fingers.

“y/n?”

The silence I heard before felt loud as there was no sign of the werewolf. I checked the bed thoroughly, under the blanket and everything before I opened her cupboards too. The room had a drop in temperature, which could’ve meant many things but I assumed her body heat left the room. I was too hypersensitive as a vampire to not notice these subtle changes.

I quickly left the room to check the bathroom she uses, only to find it even colder. She’d never entered the room, though there was a familiar scent in here and it left me salivating. I quickly checked the toilet and sink, only to find nothing before I checked the bin.

Lo and behold, I’d found a fresh bandage. And my knees gave out as I leaned against the door, taking in the heavenly smell.

It had been a while since I’d smelt her blood, and it gets better every time. It had this rich and earthy smell that drove my nose insane. It kept me grounded, yet it felt empty this time around. I tucked the ‘delicacy’ into my pocket, remembering to put it with the guaze I had. 

Realising the previous task at hand, I managed to get up and look for y/n again. Every guard I asked said they never saw the submissive go past, which was strange. Most corners of the house had guards standing by, it would’ve been impossible for y/n to walk past unnoticed.

Whatever… it could wait later, I guess. She’ll come back.

Shrugging it off, I went back to her room to grab the ice and towel I’d left. It would mould the carpet and that was gonna be a hassle that mother would bother me about. I didn’t need that – she was always down my throat about something.

y/n pov

I’d never felt such peace, feeling the sun warm the beds of my skin. The tiles were slowly digging into my back but it was a compromise. It would let me watch over the trees as they danced through the light wind. Flocks would chirp at their loudest, flying over the greenery I wish to explore. It was beautiful.

Perhaps it was the fact that I could see the moon within the morning sky. It was whole, and I’d never seen it like this till now. I was never let out during the full moon, so this would technically be my first time. It was obvious I wouldn’t be shifting – my body was too frail to consider such a drastic change in my bone structure. It was like my nerves would reject the shift, but I know I’ll feel empowered in the night.

I never thought I’d get a chance to hear the wolves call out their loudest at the moon. Today was a day I would cherish.

I wasn’t sure why Jennie was in my room early, it puzzled me. I thought I meant nothing to her, yet she touched me with such a care. I was waiting for the punchline to come since it felt like a joke. That doesn’t mean I didn’t love the way her fingers grazed my back.

I left before she could come back, escaping through the window.

Soon enough, the mark on my wrist started burn up before it glowed a bright red. As it dulled down, I could feel a presence behind me. It touched my shoulder before sitting next to me. It would be my second time meeting her, and I was nervous to say the least. She’d fallen from the high gates of Heavens into the depths of Hell. She’d ventured through the underworld, watching many punished souls cry in agony.

“It’s warm, isn’t it?” I turned my head to the voice, noticing her blonde hair had darkened to a deep orange. It was strange to say the least, but it reminded me of the fiery heat of Hell she showed me last night. Still, I nodded my head to her question.

“Will you stay?” Lalisa, or as she told me to call her, Lisa asked.

The sun hid behind some faint clouds, letting my body cool from its bright rays. I wasn’t sure whether to stay or not, but I knew I would soon enough.

“I don’t know… There’s only so much I can take of this place.” I mumbled, squinting as the sun came through again. Lisa sighed before standing, I wasn’t sure how long she’d stay. She could come and leave as she wants – I was her bind to this world after all.

“Think of me whenever, and I’ll be there.” She left before I could ask anything, my wrist burning again before cooling down.

It was nothing I regret. She kept my dark thoughts at bay. I wouldn’t hear the cursed voice in my head anymore, and I could escape if I needed. In return, I’d hold her pain and tie her to the plane of this world. It would let her travel through the depths of Hell and come back to living Earth whenever she or I wanted.

I didn’t think her pain was such a burden though.

I tried to get up, only to grunt when I feel a roof tile touch my bruised back. It was a sacrifice I was willing to take. My state was already weakened, I was already bruised from school. But I didn’t think it would get worse from Lalisa’s pain. I thought I could bear it, instead it feels like my muscles are tearing every second.

And they probably are.

But slowly healing every second because of my meagre werewolf powers. It was a constant deep tissue bruising that I would have to live with, but at what cost? Could I remain with Lalisa my whole life? Would I be stuck with this mark on my hand my entire life?

no pov

Jennie stood watch as y/n climbed back to bed through the window. She felt like a fool, seeing the open window before. She wasn’t sure how y/n got up to the roof though, there was no proper leverage for the girl to use. It didn’t matter to her at the moment.

Jennie stumbled into the room, making the werewolf pause just as she tucked herself back in. Jennie didn’t know what to say just yet, her mind was sputtering with different words as she struggled to form a sentence.

“Why…” y/n’s eyebrows furrowed as she watched the vampire, questioning the entire notion. “W-why did you leave? I was going to help your back.”

Startled by the stutter in Jennie’s voice, y/n countered back.

“I didn’t think you were serious…” There was a certain rage laced in her tone. It was subtle, leaking through her words as she struggled to bottle in her feelings. “You wished you’d never met me… So just ignore my presence if I bother you that much. My back will be fine soon enough. You don’t have to pretend to care.”

But I’m not pretending… Jennie wanted to say, instead overwhelmed by the way the submissive spoke. It was fiery, burning to the touched – it singed her pride when she spoke with such defiance.

“I do what I want y/n. Or did you forget your place here? You’re a submissive, you listen to what people say – especially me, the High Princess of Vampires.” y/n flinched as Jennie took a step closer each sentence.

“Now turn around and show your back. I don’t have all day for this.”

y/n stared, or well tried to. Eventually her body failed her as she bowed her head, her body laying down before she lifted her shirt up. She heard the vampire quickly come and go with her speed.

Jennie was too complex for her liking. She was hot one second then cold the next – her heart held no warmth. Yet as she felt her touch, she’d never felt such comfort and security in her life, it would make her sign in content.

She was lost in the world of Jennie Kim, and she didn’t know her way out.


i edited it, so if you reread this im so sorry lmao