iii. parallax of rights

Mated Love

She loves control, she wants it her way
And there's no way she'll ever stay unless you give it up.
She loves control, she wants it her way
And all it takes is just one taste, you wanna give it up. – Camila Cabello

Chapter 3

Power. Control. Privilege. 

Everybody desired it, a lust that would never be sated. The top of a ladder isn’t enough, so people throw irrational ideas atop to reach a goal blind to the eye. You’re curious of the exhilaration you’ll get when you’re looked up at for once.

Because that’s a behaviour of life, you’re curious.

You ask yourself everyday at least one question. Should I get a coffee? Do I have enough money? Is it worth it? You use your eyes- a powerful sense to view the world around you. There’s a cat on that table. My bottle is half empty. I don’t look bad in that picture. It’s inevitable. If you don’t have your eyes, you have your ears, hands, mouth.

Curiosity is inevitable within us.

Now the question is- Where does it take you in life?

no pov

The tension was obvious between the two mythics- shocked or disturbed with their own revelations.

y/n was a poor girl, struggling to sit still behind her desk. Her hands grew clammy- her heart beat sped to an unfathomable rate that caused her great panic. Her breathing was now classified as hyperventilation, controlled by the deep breaths she thoroughly tried to take. The voice in her head was screaming barbaric ideas; go up and kiss her; make her your mate; move damn it. Her right leg bounced on the spot, an attempt to ease the endless tension she had worsened.

Jennie was a confused girl, head tilting while trying to analyse the girl she’d locked eyes with. There was something off-putting about her- she wasn’t sure what.­ Her frown deepened at the thought- this school wouldn’t be as easy as she thought. She wanted to coddle the girl- or keep her safe and close by to keep in control. She also wanted to make sure she wouldn’t dare step in her path- to ruin her completely, one way or another. Her head began to hurt, traverse thoughts jumping from one side to the other. It pissed her off.

 “There’s a seat next to y/n, Jennie.” The teacher spoke, breaking y/n and Jennie out of their disordered worlds.

The class began to settle down- most groaning as the mythics witnessed the Princess sit next to the despised submissive. Everybody began to work though y/n was tense- as still as an oak tree. Jennie was slow and steady, unsure what to do or say when she triggered one word.

Submissive, she thought. This werewolf, a submissive, but I feel a pull to her. Why? Her thoughts continued to grow along this trail.

y/n knew the Princess had figured she was a submissive- her eyes were glowing a bright red, burning her with a glare she feared she’d melt under. y/n didn’t dare stare back- her body had thrown an automatic response. y/n didn't have much to lose, but she enjoyed breathing through her neck perfectly fine.

She’s going to kill me, I know she will. She doesn’t need much, just an execution and I’m as good as gone.

y/ns’ thoughts weren’t sane, but held some truth. Jennie wouldn’t need much to kill her.

Jennie watched the frail submissive in front of her- fingers trembling; eyes glassy; chest still; she was afraid. Jennie couldn’t decide whether she loved or hated the thought. She figured the satisfaction was reasonable- she hated submissives.

She was disgusted, believed humiliation was required to ensure others wouldn’t associate themselves due to their notorious origin. She was annoyed, disturbed- hysteric that she felt a pull. She would make sure this girl could barely breathe near her.

CRACK

The whole class froze- disturbed by the abnormal sound in the back of the classroom. y/n let out a small gasp, quickly fishing out a small pack of tissues. She wasn’t sure whether to hand them over; to open them and give a tissue; to just be idle and hold them. She figured the second option, watching the mess come about.

Jennie held no reaction- the thick black ink had painted her fingers. She pulled her book away, in time as she watched the submissive werewolf make a mess of tissues underneath. Jennie believed it was unnecessary but was proven wrong when the tissues were doused in the ink. 

“Did you snap your pen in half, Jennie?” The teacher asked, struggling to see from the front of the class.

“I did, sir.” She let out a nervous chuckle, grabbing tissues to wipe her hand. “Sorry for disturbing the class.”

“That’s okay- it doesn’t seem to be too much ink. Did you want to go to the bathroom?” Jennie shook her head- she had control over this.

y/n simply panicked, unsure when to stop giving tissues- instead she gave the whole pack to Jennie. One wrong move- her thoughts never finished the sentence. It was too daunting and unpredictable. The voice in her head never seemed to leave- though she listened in this time.

 Jennie knew of the effect she held on the girl- and loved it. She wanted chills to go down her spine; her toes to curl; to have control over the submissive werewolf; it was all fun to watch.

Once her hand was dry, they continued to work- except for y/n. It seemed the day had been too much for her- she couldn’t bear the presence of Jennie yet craved it ever so slightly. She had enough control to push herself out the chair- with a minor flaw.

THUMP- SCREECH

“y/n, is there a reason why you’re standing up?”

With a strained smile, she whispered ‘bathroom’. Her teacher let out an audible sigh, nodding before turning.

Jennie frowned, taking note of y/ns’ hand that clutched her hip tight. Surely a small bump couldn’t cause that much pain- right? Either submissives were weaker than she thought or something was missing. Jennie hated when she didn’t understand something. It would tick in her head, her curiosity would grow- until untethered and cause detrimental damage.

y/n’s pov

‘You worthless wolf. You can’t even look at your damn mate. Wretched girl.’

I ran into the bathroom, crashing into the far corner and curling myself into a ball. I slid down the graphitised wall, hands on head as I tried to pick out the damn voice!

It wouldn’t stop talking, just taunting me on my pathetic interactions with the Princess. I couldn’t help it, it just happened! I had no control, just stop!

‘You didn’t even have the decency to bow, to vow you’d be hers for life. What use are you?’

I don’t know, I don’t know! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to! She-she… she’s not normal! She makes me feel weird!

The stinging sensation in the back of my neck was caused by my nails, spreading till the area burned like hell. It was some form of penance I’d made. Feeling the skin break, nails slightly coated in blood I had no worry for.

‘Pfft, hurting yourself- you’re more woeful than I thought. You bring shame to the werewolf kind; to the pack; to your mother.’

My cheeks burned, hot streaks streaming down from my now puffy red eyes. I could barely breathe, my chest just continued to burn as I struggled to take a proper huff of air. My head felt heavy, leaning back as it bumped against the wall while my tears cooled off.  

I can’t do this anymore, just leave my head!

‘Of course you can’t, you’re a weak waste of space.’

I said nothing, disrupted by the ringing of the bell. How long had I stayed in the bathroom for?

‘Does it matter, you hide away from everything. First your dad, today it was Chanyeol and now, Jennie.’

I… I’m not… I don’t want to b-but…-

‘-But nothing! You’re just a waste of space like Chanyeol said.’

I could hear students walking around in the hallways, flooding once again. I couldn’t handle it. The walls seemed closer than before. The door seemed a lot bigger yet as if I could barely fit through. It sounded like a march was right outside.

I did what I could.

Run.

I ran out the bathroom- trying to push through though I only got lost amongst the crowd. My shoulders bumped anybodys’ that I passed, the students jumping when they could tell it was me- the submissive.

I bumped past Jessica- her calls barely reaching my ears as I ran out the school gates.

I didn’t care about my bruise- long forgotten from exhilaration, anger and fear. I ran the opposite way home, not wanting to deal with dad if he was home- which was most likely. I ran till my eyes blurred in fatigue, the dizziness swatting me in the face as I tried to see where I was.

To my right, there were regular houses that I’d never seen.

To my left, a huge mansion of white with small details of gold- or that’s what I thought. The place was surrounding by a tall gate that was too high to climb- a driveway behind that took more area than my house. Surrounding this was lush greenery- a gardener was t a hedge wall along the house. Everywhere I looked, at least one man with a dog or another man was standing- looking around every now and then.

I noticed one guard point at me, shouting incoherent things seconds before my head hit the road.

‘You can’t even run away from your problems right.’

No…

Jennie’s pov

The second the bell went, I was out the chair. It had been past twenty minutes since y/n came back, and I wanted to know why. I packed the books in my bag and was almost out the room when Chanyeol had blocked my way.

“Hey Jennie, aren’t you gonna walk with me to class?” With a fake smile, I simply rush past him. Of all things, he wasn’t going to be the one stopping me from reaching y/n. Lucky enough I knew where the nearest bathroom was- but was too late.

I watched the small girl get lost through the mob of students; rush past a nurse who was calling her back; and leave out the school. She wasn’t escaping me that easily though.

With no care, I tried to run after her. I couldn’t use my speed, the risk of hurting somebody was too high considering the crowd. I wasn’t that far anyways, just a ten more metres and-

“Ah, miss Jennie Kim! I believe you’re in my next class if I’m correct.” Defeated by the female teacher, my shoulders dropped. I could only answer the back properly, hoping I wasn’t caught leaving the school. I wanted to chase y/n and figure her out. Hell, she left her bag in class!

This was going to be a long day.

no pov

While the vampire was dragged into a class she held no interest in, History- y/n was being hauled over a burly mans’ shoulder.

She was unconscious, hanging lifeless until the man dropped her onto the dense marble floor without a care. He looked down when he thought he heard a crack- calling himself delusional for caring. He figured that the frail girl was a submissive, and suddenly he held no care in how he treated the girl.

“Guard, who is this?!”

Hearing her voice, the guard kneeled in respect.

“My Lady, I saw her snooping around the estate.”

“Define snooping, she looks like a teenager!”

“She was caught staring, ma’am.”

“So you subdued her?! If you haven’t noticed, guard- this place is huge! It also catches attention from the outside, I designed it myself! Of course a student would stare! Are you going to take down anybody that looks over for more than a second?!”

“N-No ma’am, that’s not right.”

“Is that so, guard? Then why is this girl laying on my floor? Is she dead?!”

“No ma’am. All we did was point when we noticed her. Before we knew it, she’d fallen on the spot.”

“I- Oh my.

The clicks of heels could be heard getting louder. The guard heard them stop when he noticed his Queen on the floor, checking on the girl. He was now confused- blatantly asking a question he’d regret.

“My Lady, she’s only a lowly submissive. Does it matter whether she lives?”

The Queen froze. She looked to the guard, her eyes blaring red as she sped up to him. She grabbed him by the neck, pulling him up as he gasped for air- the size difference didn’t matter when one was as powerful as the Queen. The guard simply clawed at her fingers, his legs dangling when trying to reach for the ground.

How dare you?! Had I not educated you guards properly? Do I not pay you properly to listen? This lowly submissive has more value in life than all you guards combined!

The guard simply nodded, fearing for his life till the Queen let her hand lax. The guard collapsed on the ground, one hand soothing the painful grip his Queen had given him. Oxygen filled his lungs straightaway, a few coughs erupting as his face dropped shades from purple to red.

The Queen held no care for the guard, instead returning to the unconscious girl in the middle of her floor.

“I trust you won’t make any more insolent mistakes?” The guard nodded- wheezing a little.

“Take this girl to the hospital. In the V.I.P section so she can be taken care of properly. Say she’s in the care of the monarch and to treat her like so. I don’t even want to think about who might reject a small girl in dire of medical attention.” The Queen shook her head at the thought.

“Stay by her side at all times. Protect her.

“Yes, my Lady. I apologise for my behaviour beforehand.”

“Hmm…” The Queen simply looked out through the window, wondering which guards would’ve done the same.


imma zoom through these fast, lmao.

meow out!