v. indirect reparation

Mated Love

No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it’s roots reach down to hell – Carl Jung

Chapter 10

When the word love is spoken

Jennie pov

Protect the submissive.

Protect the submissive.

Protect the submissive.

Protect the submissive.

Protect the- pfft… this is ridiculous.

It was such a ridiculed idea, protecting a lowly mutt. Even as I stare at her through the hallways, watching her fuss in her locker. She had a mirror attached the door, along with what I noticed was a new polaroid. It was of her and that stupid fairy.

Ugh Joohyun… what’s your deal?

It seems as though the fairy wasn’t here for the day as y/n was constantly on her phone. She had nobody else to text, a lone wolf deserted by the world. Except for a single girl who I find too nice to be real. But that wouldn’t matter, because I knew how to protect this mutt.

“Hey Chanyeol,” I elbow the werewolf next to me, imploring him to look up with me. There was a glimpse of recognition, where we both had the same idea. He whistled out, bringing Sehun to attention who was only a few metres away from us. I could tell how Sehun disliked what we wanted to do, but he had no choice. Chanyeol knew something that Sehun did, and was holding it against him – he was ours to use and abuse.

Chanyeol nodded once before Sehun took off, grabbing y/ by the collar before bringing her to a wall near us. Her bag had dropped at her locker, so I could see the pain on her face when she met the wall. But Sehun wasn’t a rough boy, so she was hurt from something else. But from what?

“Lo and behold everybody, the submissive has no bodyguard today!” Chanyeol called out.

Everybody moved away, clearing a circle as we both entered the area.

I knew just how to keep the mutt ‘protected’. If she had ties to the royal family, she’d be targeted. But if we prove we don’t care too much of her, they’ll focus on something else. They’ll realise they have nothing on us, and the rebellion will back off.

It was foolproof.

y/n pov

“Lo and behold everybody, the submissive has no bodyguard today!” Chanyeol said has he came closer. I could see Jennie next to him, which meant bad news. In front of me, Sehun looked sympathetic as he let go of my collar. His eyes held no rage, only a light red that proved how he had control over his emotions. He didn’t want this.

‘Be grateful she entered your presence. It seems you don’t know any better about how to treat your soulmate.’

I don’t need this judgement right now. I’ll figure out how to shut you up one day.

‘No, you won’t. I’m part of your soul, part with me and you won’t be a proper person anymore.’

Sehun moved before Chanyeol took his place, close enough for me to hear the way the thick walls of his heart beat. Must be from sports. But I could feel him push me ever so much into the wall, straining my already pained back. It reminded me how much I regretted yesterday.

Jennie moved him out the way before she dragged me off the wall, throwing me onto the floor. My quick reflexes allowed me to land on my hands, and for once I’m glad Jennie pushed me away. But at what cost? I could feel a bruise forming where my wrist connected to my right palm. I must’ve landed badly.

“I wanna know SO badly how this girl managed to get a beautiful fairy to be her friend.” Chanyeol started, and I could see Jennie grimace at his words.

“There’s nothing to praise about you. You’re a submissive with nothing amazing about your life. Your dad drinks because he’s stuck with you as failure. You’re never gonna find a mate. And, absolutely nobody likes you except for Joohyun who’s probably using you to look good. But that’s backfiring since nobody likes her now!” I winced at his words, staring their feet as I realise what I’d done.

They were right, I’d made Irene an outcast. And that was the exact reason she’d left her old school. I’d burdened her with a social life that nobody would dare dream of. Deserted in a world where hierarchy was everything to survive.

“I don’t know why my mother sympathises for you.” Jennie started, ad I could feel myself feel smaller by the second. I was used to Chanyeol, but Jennie was a different tier. Her words would scar the back of my already bruised heart.

“She’s probably gone delusional, thinking you’re worth anything. You don’t deserve a place here, or at my home. Or on any land at all…” My eyes started to blur as reality started to kick in. She was right. Her mother was wrong about me.

“You’re worthless...”

no one pov

There was a bleak silence as everybody stared at y/n and Jennie.

Chanyeol smirked as he stared at the dejected wolf. His father would reprimand him but he couldn’t help it, he relished in the power he felt. He couldn’t wait to become alpha.

Sehun had no word going through his head except one: regret.

Jennie felt such joy yet pain from the distant look in y/n’s eyes. It burned through her, scorched into her mind as she’d walked closer. She crouched with lips close to sensitive ears as she whispered the breaking point.

“I wish I’d never met you.”

This was the very moment that y/n Kang broke.

There was something so petrifying about her words that when the bell rang, she didn’t flinch. She’d stood up, ignoring Chanyeol call her name. And she walked. She’d left her bag on the floor, parting the crowd with her feeble shoulders.

For once in her life, Jennie didn’t know how to feel. She wanted to watch the girl crumble under her presence, instead she was the one crumbling. She meant well… or did she? The words she spoke now left a bad taste on her tongue, ridding her of any joy she had within her.

She didn’t know why it affected her that badly.

She was so used to the submissive always coming back that for once… she’d left without a word.

This is for good. I didn’t do anything wrong… She told herself, but why didn’t it feel right?

y/n didn’t know where she was walking. For all she knew, her eyes had glassed over as her feet took her away. She didn’t know where, but she knew it would be for the better. She could faintly hear the voice in her head talk, but her ears were filled with water. Nothing would go through her.

She wasn’t surprised when she suddenly felt arms around her before the scent of berries filled the air. In fact, when she was in her arms, she wasn’t afraid to fall into the embrace. And she desperately searched for signs, anything, that proved this person was the one she was meant to be with forever.

But as she did, she noticed the way their bodies didn’t fit well. There was something about the way she was held that didn’t quite match the way Jennie had done so that one time. And any time y/n shifted, it seemed to prove her point further.

She wasn’t destined to be with the fairy, no matter how much she wanted to. No matter how much she wanted to live a life of peace and care with Irene, she could never give her heart and soul to her.

She badly wanted to be with her, gripping the fairy’s shirt so hard it creased in her hands.

“What happened? Hey… talk to me.” She heard her say, only sighing in return. She truly had no words left in her to speak. And the fairy wasn’t sure what to do. It was affecting the aura in the shop, which in return affected her too.

All she could so was hold the wolf to her body, hoping that she’d talk.

Jennie pov

“You okay, Jennie?” I flinched before looking at Chanyeol, frowning. I couldn’t help but stare at the desk next to me. It was bothering me that she’d left with such a cold attitude. Walking away like her soul had left her. But that wasn’t possible, only demons could take souls…

“I’m fine… why?” He scrunched his brows before staring at the teacher again, a sigh leaving my lips at the action. I wanted to leave. I had to find y/n. I’d done something I knew I’d regret… or already regretting.

“Remember to keep an eye on y/n. You may not know but submissives come at a high price… you need to keep her safe at all costs.”

“High price?”

“Something that people will take for granted. Don’t lose her at any means.”

I never took my mother seriously until now, the very moment where I realise how I’d ruined the situation but going overboard. Who knew what pictures I’d find today? Or worse. Submissives weren’t respected, and I understand why. They’re begging for a mate. Yet I felt such a pull towards y/n, that could make me drop everything.

But I didn’t want to. That was something that would ruin my stature as the Princess of Vampires. I couldn’t let a feeble mutt control me. So, whenever I get that sense of control over her, that pained look caused by me – its empowering. I’m the one saying what’s right and wrong. And it’s wrong to submit to a submissive mutt like y/n.

But that look of loss on her face. It was something I’d never seen in anybody. Like she’d gone through the depths of hell and resurfaced. It was catastrophic in my head; my thoughts had flurried through my body as I froze and watched her walk away without a care in the world.

And she’d left her bag. AGAIN!

no pov

y/n floated off into a world where white met black, and the line shattered as she tumbled through her subconscious. Her eyes blurred will dots of blue splattered across, leaving her lifeless within Irene’s arms.

Yet she could do nothing.

Irene was a fairy who understood the auras of lifeforms, and y/n’s had slowly left as she’d sunk into her arms. It didn’t mean per say that she was dying, but she wasn’t in this ‘realm’. She’d entered her own reality in which she’d crash landed as a safeguard.

The fairy could do nothing but hold her, protect her, and make sure her body would pass through whatever it had gone through. But the fairy was confused, as she could see no forms of physical harm on her, but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be underneath her clothes. She wasn’t one to look without asking though, so she left the issue before slowly dragging the wolf to her room.

She lit up some candles, letting the vanilla aroma course through the air before looking back at the wolf. She’d need help, and it would take a rather large bargain to get what she needed. She considered her won blood, but that wasn’t blood. Her blood was dark, and already infused with magic. The same with the werewolf, though hers was cursed magic.

She’d need a human.

Irene waited, and waited, until the next human came through the record shop. It wasn’t often that people visited, more so bought something. So, when she saw a young punk boy visit the store, she knew he’d be the one.

Her charm , the scent of bubblegum wafting through the air as the poor boy dropped the record he held and walked towards the counter. Irene had never felt so satisfied, considering it’s been a while since she could let her witch side out.

She tapped her nail on the counter, prompting the boy to slump as Irene took his hand. She pulled a knife from underneath, a clean cut on his palm that instantly bled before pulling out a bowl and letting it flow.

It’s for y/n… she needs it, she told herself.

In the other room, y/n had prematurely waken up. She knew this was Irene’s room, looking around to see the vanilla candle on the bedside table. She admired the way the wax rolled down the candle, melting down it’s path before cooling down at the base. She was mesmerised before hearing footsteps.

And the werewolf’s eyes had never been so wide.

Irene held a clear bowl of red in one hand, and a dirty knife in the other. Both her hands were covered in drops of blood, and if it weren’t for the gentle smile she wore, she would’ve been running away.

“I want to help you, y/n… Will you let me?”

Hesitantly, the small girl looked into Irene’s eyes and nodded.

It was hours later when y/n had returned back to her place of residency. It wasn’t home to her yet, and she knew it never would be. Her home resided in the dark place of her heart, before she knew she was a submissive.

The sun was just about setting when the guards parted for the small wolf. Her eyes were gloomy, her eyes losing the very little spark they had before. It was nothing they’d seen before, gone was the timid submissive, this was the mere shell of somebody reliving their past. Even the guards were worried. What happened in the day that left the poor girl like this?

The werewolf paid no mind, walking past the maids and guards who stared at the girl solemnly. She stopped in her path when she saw Jennie’s door, shoulders slouched as she saw the vampire peering through her window. Questions riddled her mind, but she left them unanswered as she continued through to her room.

When she reached her room, her body went straight to bed. She dug herself under the blanket and stared at the mark on her wrist. It was a pentacle, drawn in red onto her skin. She was trusting Joohyun with her magic, it wasn’t everyday that you meet a fairy-witch hybrid.

Or a fallen angel.


whoops lmao. i wasnt sure how to continue this story to make sure it still goes on the same path as the older book. but this works i guess. im sowwy for not updating, i dont have exams anymore though and quarantine means i can focus here now. forgive me pls :(