They felt something

Love you, Mr. Misanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5; 1948 words

 

Soonyoung sighs while he plays with the food. Mingyu and Seungcheol look at each other- shrugging at their friend unusual behavior. Seungcheol nudges him lightly, “You know, this is the longest for you not to have a boyfriend. Usually, it takes only two weeks.” Soonyoung hums. “Really? I’m not doing any counting this time.”

Smiling, Mingyu leans forward to Soonyoung. “Interesting. So, you have something to tell us?” Soonyoung denies. “But, you do have something going on in your brain. Eyyy, tell us.” Soonyoung looks at both of his friends. “Both of you are loud. I know you’re gonna tell this to your boyfriend after this.”

Seungcheol waves his hands. “I’m not. Maybe Mingyu will, but I promise I won’t.” Mingyu rolls his eyes at Seungcheol. “Why are you attacking me now, hyung? We need to listen to our beloved friend’s concern.” Soonyoung shakes his head- how childish this two idiots can be?

“Guys.” They stop arguing and give their attention to Soonyoung again. “Spill it,” Mingyu says- sitting on his chair like a counselor. Dramatic.

He ignores that idiot and put the fork down. “I’ve been nice to someone lately. And, something happened. I don’t know what I did wrong but, that person keeps driven me away.” “Is that someone is your neighbor? You told us about you going to the hospital because of him.” Soonyoung nods.

“What he told you, though? You’re not usually like this. Even when you were driven away by Jihoon before you dated him.” Soonyoung agrees. He was not like this before- even Jihoon was the longest man he ever dated. “I don’t know. But, I’m quite hurt when he said that to me. He told me not to help him, not to be nice to him, to leave him alone- he acts like he is afraid of human. I tell you, he is the plainest person I’ve ever met.”

Soonyoung fiddles his fingers. “Like he owns a very boring- no, lonely life. You know how I am- I like to make someone happy. I take care of him, cook for him, staying with him- just to make him at least feel happy. He never smiles, guys. Not once. But, he’s still handsome with his stoic face- but that’s not my point. I just want to know more about him.”

“Are you liking him?” Seungcheol suddenly blurts out. Soonyoung turns to look at him. “What?” “The way you talk about him- looks like he is becoming someone important to you. You sound whipped.”

Soonyoung scratches his nape. “I’m- I sound whipped? I- Oh god. Do I really like him?” He can’t believe he really has feelings for his neighbor. “Yes. You are whipped and I’m totally sure you like him.”

“Guys...what should I do?”

 

“Wait! Wait!” Soonyoung sighs- thankful that whoever inside the elevator decided to let him in. “Thank- oh, Wonwoo. Thank you.” Awkward, Soonyoung steps aside slightly from the other man. He taps his foot on the floor- a habit when he is nervous or uneasy. He feels relieved when he hears the ding sound- he needs to get out from here. They bump- when both of them want to get out of the elevator at the same time but, Soonyoung squirms himself and walks out of it first.

He inserts the passcode to the floor’s main door, but he hesitates whether to hold the door for Wonwoo or not. He releases his hold from the glass door and glances slightly to his back- making sure Wonwoo get inside after him. He walks to his house and purposely inserting the code slowly so, he can take a glimpse of the man standing in front of the door near him.

“Are you working tomorrow?” He decides to ask. Wonwoo doesn’t look at him but, he still hums. “Took many leaves already.” “Oh...I don’t have classes since it’s public holidays.” Wonwoo glances at him briefly, “Oh...ok. Well then, I’ll-” Wonwoo went inside. Soonyoung upset when they have such a short conversation- but, still, they’re talking.

 

Wonwoo hangs the towel and settles himself inside the blanket- then, he hears Soonyoung singing loudly from his house. “Loud.” He sighs and takes his book to do some reading before he goes to sleep. Then, “He’s a student? I can’t believe it.” He glances at the wall beside him. “I really need to distance myself from him.”

The next morning, Wonwoo wakes up and hears his neighbor’s door being closed. “He’s early.” He shakes his thought away and went to take a shower. Putting on his glasses, he looks at himself briefly in the mirror- “Why do I look different, today?”

“That’s not important.” He puts on his watch and grabs his bag- slings it over his sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter