The Continuous Struggle

Ruthless

Flashback 

"We have a deal" I sighed in relief as Baekhyun shook hands with our client. Finally the deal was sealed. I watched as both of them nodded at each other before the client took his leave. 

"Sir, Can I leave now?" I hung my head low as I asked Baekhyun. It was freaking 10.00pm, way past my working hours, but my 'the ' boss still dragged me here to finalized the deal with Mr Kim. 

"You have worked hard. Come on I'll treat you dinner tonight" he gestured me to follow him out. My mouth fell opened in shock. Did I hear him right? My boss Byun Baekhyun was asking me to join him for dinner? He never appreciated me or my work, then suddenly he's treating me? 

"Sir, you're not thinking of kicking me out. Are you?" I asked, my eyes widening dramatically. 

He scrunched up his face in confusion "What?" 

"I mean you're suddenly treating me dinner. You never even appreciated my work. So, yes I'm surprised to hear this from a cold guy like you" I started blabbering to which he glared at me. 

"Ya" he yelled, annoyed. "Sometimes I really think hard how you survived an year in this company without messing up" he pointed at me, rolling his eyes. 

"It's because I'm awesome" I said, grinning proudly. 

"Which is why I'm treating you dinner today" he grabbed his jacket from chair and sighed, before holding my hand and dragging me out. 

That night for the first time, during my working period, he held my hand, and dare I say butterflies exploded in my stomach. 

Flashback end 

My stomach growled with hunger. I sighed before closing the novel I was reading. I went to kitchen and grabbed some fast food to eat. I sat on couch and the tv. 

I was bored out of my mind. For the first time in two years, I wasn't doing anything. I was completely free and it was irritating me. Even on my holidays, I used to handle his work but right now I had nothing to do. I was itching to do something. 

Bastard left me here to rot, saying he didn't believe me with his work anymore. That hurt like a .

The main characters were kissing each other, confessing their love. Fake! I turned off the tv, irritated. Why the hell was my life like that? 

Should I go out for sometime? It won't hurt to breath some fresh air. I went outside and almost stumbled back on seeing guards placed outside the main door. 

What the actual ? 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked the guys, glaring at each of them as they blocked my way to out. 

"Mam we're asked to keep you inside" the guy bowed down, saying the words calmly. 

"I'm just going to walk in garden" I exclaimed and went through them, pushing them aside. To say I was angry was an understatement of the year!

"Okay mam" one guard said and followed me out. I rolled my eyes and walked away. It was almost evening time, the sun was setting as I strolled in the garden.

"What's your name?" I asked the guy, walking behind me. 

"Mam we're not supposed to share personal information" he replied. 

I groaned "Oh come on.. I'm just trying to talk. I'm completely alone since morning. I need to talk to someone before I go crazy" I stopped walking and turned around to face him. 

The guy was hesitant first but answered anyway "Mam my name is Kris". 

"So, Kris" I looked at him "you're a handsome guy. Don't you have any girlfriend?" 

Kris's eyes widened at my question as he flushed "N.. No mam" he stuttered. 

"Did you have a girlfriend?" I asked him as I gestured him to walk beside me. 

"Yes mam" he replied, nodding his head. 

"Did you love her?" I looked around, enjoying the slow breeze. 

"Very much mam" 

"Then why did you guys broke up" I asked, staring at him "That if you want to answer". 

"I was enlisted in army. She found someone else during that time" he replied, staring back at me. 

"Well she's a " I atonce stopped walking and exclaimed. Kris looked like, he was trying hard to stop himself from laughing "I'm sorry". 

"It's okay mam" he smiled a little. We both looked at each other and burst into laughter. My eyes filled with tears as I laughed hard at him, as he tried to maintain a poker face. 

"What's going on here?" a cold voice made me jump out. My eyes turned wide as I stared at Kris, my back still facing the intruder's side. 

"Sir, I was just accompanying mam on her walk to the garden" Kris straightened his posture before speaking. 

"Leave" Baekhyun gritted out. Kris gave me a look before leaving my side. "Come inside" his authorative voice boomed in garden. 

I turned around, held my head high before walking to him. I did nothing wrong. I shouldn't be afraid of him. 

Right?

But just when my eyes met his, my breath hitched. His hair were disheveled like he have ruffled them many times, his face still glowing in dim light of sunset. 

He was one hell of a handsome guy. Shame! His arrogance cover all these qualities of his. 

We went inside silently. We had dinner in silence. Apparently he have a personal cook for him. The silence was killing me. I mean I was used to live alone but this uncomfortable silence was deafening. 

Wait! 

Where was I supposed to sleep tonight? Last night, my backbone almost gave up on me. I couldn't do that to myself again. I looked around for some room, when Baekhyun's voice boomed through house. 

"The room on your left side" he said. I gawked. That was his room. He was not asking me to share bed with him. Was he? "Didn't you hear?" 

"Excuse me" I exclaimed, facing him "I'm not sharing room with you". 

He sighed before coming to me. I expected him telling me calmly, or yelling, or him dragging me away but he lifted me up in his arms. Ignoring my struggles he took me to his room. 

"Are you crazy?" I glared at him, as he almost threw me on bed. 

"My parents are visiting this week. Get used to have me around" he said, nonchalantly, loosening his tie. 

"Your parents know about bride replacement?" I asked him, swinging my legs down the bed before walking up to him. 

"They don't know I'm married" he threw his tie on bed before walking inside the bathroom. My mouth fell opened in surprise. 

He was one hell of a weird guy. I mean yes nobody knew about his marriage. He hadn't released any official statement but rumours were already around. But his parents? He didn't tell his parents? That was really bad. 

"Stop thinking hard" I heard his voice as he came out of bathroom, wearing his casual clothes. Damn! He really was looking boyfriend material, with that loose grey t-shirt and shorts. 

"I wasn't thinking anything" I mumbled innocently and went to bed. It was awkward sitting on the same bed as him. He was engaged in his tabloid as usual, on the other hand, I was going crazy.  "Ya.. I'm not a dog you need to put on lease. Why can't I walk around freely? I get bored out of my mind here" I complaint, but it was like he didn't hear me at all. 

"Are you listening to me?" I screamed near his ear. He jumped away from me and looked at me, seething in anger. 

"What the hell?" he yelled at me. I rolled my eyes before getting up. I won't stay with him here, either I'll surely murder him. "Ya where are you going?" 

Before I could open the door, Baekhyun grabbed my hand and pushed me down on bed "You jerk" I glared at him. 

"I thought I should go easy on you but you surely don't deserve that" he smirked before climbing on top of me. My whole body froze with his weight. 

"Baekhyun go away" I tried to slap him but he held my arms down. "I'll kick your I swear". 

"Try that again and I'll made sure you won't see your brother again" he grumbled. 

"What did you..?" 

"I sent Sehun to boarding school" he told me. My anger got the best out of me as I struggled more. 

"How dare you?" I shouted at him. He was no one to make decisions for my brother. No one. 

"Shut up" he screamed at me as we both glared at each other "or I'll make you shut up" He took a deep breath, like he was trying to restrain his anger

"You dickhead.. Go and ----" he cut off 

"You woman.. You're with those cursing words. Oh how I would enjoy shutting you up by kissing you" he said with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Huh, you wish!" I scoffed as I tried to get out of his grip. "What is it with you caging me every time like I'm some rabbid dog" I whined. 

"Because I don't trust you. Tomorrow our wedding news is getting out. I hope you're ready sweetheart because it's going to be a hell of ride" I was horrified by the news. 

"I don't want that.. It's not fair" I protested. 

"Life isn't fair darling.. You should know that " atonce he got up and walked towards window, staring out. 

"I do know, I know you ed up everything for me!" I shouted as I strode aggressively in front of him. "Why did you do that?" 

"Do you really want me to kiss you that bad?" he pulled me to him.

" off" I pushed him away. 

"You should know who you're dealing with Hera" He gripped my shoulders with his hands, threatening aura around him. 

My mouth went shut as we stared into each other's eyes in silence for a few minutes before he broke the ice, "Come on, let's go to bed" I tried to pretend my heart didn't skip a beat at his words and went to follow him.

I laid down on my side of bed, my heart thumping too much. "Turn around" his breath brushed my neck and I froze. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breath when I felt him curling behind me, his lips pressing a soft kiss on the exposed skin of my shoulders. 

He made me turn around and took me in his arms. He brushed his nose against mine as his lips ghosted over mine "You're too innocent for this world Hera. Grow up" he whispered as he moved back and clicked off the lamplight, the room caste in complete darkness. 

Life isn't fair.. Is it?

Vote and comment as much as you guys can.. ❤️