The Changing Scenarios

Ruthless


Back to Hera's POV

"You're looking damn hot" he whispered in my ear sending shivers down my back. "I can't wait this night to end.. you know why?" he said while we swayed slowly on music. 

"Why?" I asked him as he leaned back to stare at me. 

"Because I don't want to hold back.. I want to devour you right now.. right here" he whispered pressing his forehead against mine. 

My heart was beating wildly in my chest at that very moment. 

I stared into his eyes as Baekhyun smirked before twirling me around. He earned a surprise gasp from me when he dipped me down unexpectedly, his face inches away from me "Do you want me to kiss you?"

"Wh.. what?" I asked him wide eyed.

I bet every eye in the room was on us as we stayed in that position with his arms gently tucked under my waist "You heard me wifey.. you want me to kiss you but I'll only kiss you if you ask for it"

"You never bothered to ask me before" I said lowering my eyes to stare at his lips.

"You're driving me crazy" his hold tightened around my waist as he slowly pulled me up with him, holding me close. "I want to kiss you so badly" he whispered.

"Then do it" I said forgetting about people around us as I stared at his face expectantly.

He smirked and pulled me to him atonce but in between my heels stucked making me loose my balance. I watched as he frowned visibly while I fell back... 

"Aaahhh!!!" I groaned audibly and opened my eyes to look around.

"Mam mam??" it was Kris who entered into the room hurriedly but looked away when he saw me sprawled on floor like a mad woman. "Are you fine mam? are you hurt?" he asked clearing his throat.

"I'm fine. I'm fine" I said repeatedly as I tried to stand up. 

Damn! my back hurts..

"You can turn around" I mumbled tucking my hair back and caressing my invisible wrinkles on top. 

"I'm sorry mam" he bowed down to me "Actually sir asked me to keep an eye on you today as it's a big day today" 

"Big day?" I scratched back of my neck, confused about the unknown occasion. "What is it about?" 

"It's your marriage reception party mam" Kris looked like he wanted to laugh as I face palmed myself. 

How could I forget about that!! 

"Oh yeah.. about that" I laughed awkwardly "Yeah.. it's a big day" I said. 

I watched him nodding as he bit back his smile. I sighed and said "You can laugh at me. I won't fire you" 

His eyes widened dramatically as he stared at me before chuckling a bit "I'm sorry mam" 

"It's okay" I smiled. "I'm glad I made someone laugh. I earned good points from God" I said proudly "My mom used to say that whenever we make someone laugh.. we earn points" 

"Your mother said a very good thing" he agreed "and I'm sure you must have earned many good points till now" 

"How are you so sure?" I asked him laughing. 

He smiled "You're a good soul who always think about everyone's well being. People like you.." 

"Wait.. wait.." I stopped him and he frowned. I smiled impishly before grabbing my phone from table side. I pushed it in front of him. "So sir now you can appreciate Z Hera as much as you want" I grinned. 

"What?" he laughed out loud and it was a good sound to hear in morning. 

"I don't get much appreciation nowadays. So I'm recording it" I told him childishly and he shook his head smiling. 

"You deserve all the appreciation in the world Hera" we both stared into each other's eyes as his words made my heart skip a bit "You're the best person I've ever met and your man should feel lucky to have you" he said before gently taking my phone from my hand. "You forgot to press record" 

"Whh.. what?" I shook my head and looked at him. 

"I appreciated you but you didn't record" he smiled gently and I stared blankly at him. "Do I need to say it again?" 

"No" I replied atonce "I've recorded it in my brain" 

He gave me his boyish smile "Okay.. so get ready for the day. It's going to be a long day for you" 

I nodded at him and watched as he left the room. I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. 

I pressed palm against my forehead and closed my eyes. 

What the hell just happened? 
______________________________________

"Hey love" I jumped in surprise when Baekhyun came out of nowhere and wrapped an arm around my waist "Did you sleep well?" he kissed my cheek and I saw from my parallel view that Kris was looking away from us. "You're looking distracted"

"Huh?" I came out of my thoughts when Baekhyun pulled me closer to him.

"I said you're looking distracted" he gave me a knowing look and I gulped nervously.

"Ani (no)" I shook my head. 

"Noona.. you need to look pretty today. Okay?" Sehun said sipping his orange juice. "I don't want brother-in-law to overshadow you" 

Baekhyun chuckled "Oh believe me Sehun every eye is going to be on your sister tonight" he told Sehun. 

I sneaked a glance at Kris who was staring at me intensely and shockingly he didn't avert his gaze even when I caught his stare. 

"You think that?" Sehun talked to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun hugged me from behind "I need to keep an eye on your sister. I don't want anyone to steal her from me" I could feel him smiling as he said the words. 

"I don't think she'll get someone better than you" Sehun grinned and I rolled my eyes. 

"And sometimes I really doubt if you really are my brother" I narrowed my eyes at Sehun who looked at me sheepishly. 

"Dress up for me today" my dear husband kissed my cheek again and I watched Kris giving us a disapproving look. 

Were my eyes playing me? 

"I'm going to washroom" I stuttered and hurriedly walked away from there.

I opened my bedroom door and found myself leaning against it as I took deep breaths.

I didn't even know what was going on with me. I guess my mind was running wild with unacceptable imaginations. 

I was really loosing it.

"Open the door" I heard Baekhyun's demanding voice and bit 
my lower lip in nervousness.

Everything is alright.. 

I told myself before opening the door. He came inside and grabbed my hand pulling me closer "What's going on?" 

"Not.. nothing" I said looking away. 

"Oh shut up... it's all over your face. What happened?" he asked studying my face closely. 

"Maybe I just.. I just don't like you" I said unconvincingly. "You're mean."

"Oh, but I can be really nice" he said, leaning closer, his lips now hovering above mine. 

"Baekhyun please" I replied weakly pushing him away. He let me push him away "I'm not feeling well" I lied sitting on edge of bed. 

"You're lying" he huffed. "I can read you like a book" 

"Even if something is wrong what's it with you? it's not like you care" he looked baffled with my words before his eyes turned cold. 

"I thought you wanted to give this marriage a chance" he said. 

"Do you also want to give..??" I asked him and he looked unsure but nonetheless nodded a little. 

"I want to give it a shot because I don't want my mom to find out above this arrangement" he gave his excuse. 

I closed my eyes and thought about my moment with Kris. My mind was messed up because of it and I seriously needed to get over it. 

"Seriously what are you thinking?" he again asked and I stand up walking to him. 

I placed my hands on either side of his face and drew him down to me, placing the gentlest of kisses on his lips. I had no idea why the hell I did that. 

It just seemed perfectly logical in the moment. He pulled away from the kiss and searched my face for - well, I wasn't sure what for. He tentatively leaned down and kissed me back, gently at first before allowing it to grow more heated.

"Hera" he breathed out as he opened his mouth and demanded entrance into mines. I allowed his tongue to sneak past my lips and slide along my tongue, learning the contours of my mouth and reveling in the taste. I involuntarily moaned at how amazing he felt and wondered why was I having second thoughts about giving chance to this marriage.

I moved back and stared into his eyes, his eyes didn't hold coldness but instead it was confusion. He placed his palm on my cheek but I jumped a little hearing knocking on door. 

The door opened to reveal Kris who looked between me and Baekhyun "Ahn.. sir your mother asked me to inform you that guests are going to arrive in few hours and you two should start getting ready for Party" he announced in robotic tone. 

Just when his eyes shifted to me, I looked away, gazing at Baekhyun. I didn't know why the disapproving look in Kris's eyes was bothering me this much

"Tell mom we'll do what she said" Baekhyun replied dismissing him. 

Kris nodded and left from there. 

Baekhyun also moved away from me and chuckled "So you're studying Italian?" he asked and I looked at him. 

He gestured his head and I smacked myself mentally when I saw him scrolling through my browsing history on laptop. 

"Well you used so much Italian whenever you were.. you know" I blushed thinking about our intimate moments. 

He chuckled nodding in understanding "Okay" 

I watched him smiling and prayed to God that it would work.. whatever we were trying to do.. to make this marriage work needed to happen because deep down I wanted to be the sole reason of his smile. 

"You alright?" Baekhyun asked and I nodded. "So let's get ready before mom scold us both" he said and I smiled lightly. 

Everything is fine.. yes.. all is well. 


Thoughts??? 
______________________________________