Unexplained

Ruthless

Flashback 

I stood up atonce when I saw crying Suzy coming out of Baekhyun's office. "Mam? Are you alright?" I asked, walking up to her hurriedly. 

She immediately wiped her tears and gave me a tight smile "I'm fine" she replied, taking deep breaths. 

"I know I'm in no position to ask you anything mam but is there anything I can do for you?" I asked politely, holding my hands in front of me. 

"No Hera.. Just take care of him. Okay?" she said, patting my shoulder and my eyes widened in realization. 

My dear boss Baekhyun broke up with Suzy! But why? She was the best girl he ever had! I really liked her. 

"I'll mam. Take care of yourself" I said , watching her carefully to make sure she was alright. 

"Goodbye Hera" she smiled tightly as she blinked to stop her tears. My heart went out for the girl in front of me, she was so kind and pure. I watched as she walked away with her broken heart, she surely was having hard time to cope up with situation. 

Baekhyun was an idiot for letting her go! 

I let out a deep breath to calm myself down before knocking on his office door. "Come in" I heard his angelic voice say. 

I entered in his office, ready to say something.. anything but he beat me to it "I can feel your frustration and your judging eyes" he grumbled, cracking his knuckles as he stretched a little. 

I looked away from that attractive sight "Why did you do it? I mean no offense you're my boss and I know I've no right to question you but.." 

"but Suzy was a nice girl and she was the best one I ever had and It was really wrong of me to break up with her" he completed my sentence as my mouth opened and closed dramatically. 

"..I..Wh.." I stuttered. 

"I know she was a nice girl but that's the reason I'd to let her go" he said, standing up from his seat before coming towards me. "I didn't want to hurt her because I can't give her what she want" 

"What could she probably want that you couldn't give?" I asked him, confused. 

"LOVE" Baekhyun replied "I can't love her and she will end up getting hurt if I give her a fake hope" 

"You don't love sir.. You just fall in love with someone.. It just happens without any thinking" I told him, almost forgetting that he was my boss at the moment. 

"I won't allow myself" he replied, amused. 

"That's the thing sir.. It won't ask for your permission or knock at your door.." I smiled as he stared at me 

"It will just happen" 

Flashback ends

I opened my eyes and looked around confused...I was sleeping comfortably on bed.. Last thing I remembered I slept against the door. 

Baekhyun placed me on bed? My in-laws ___

I atonce climbed down my bed and went to bathroom to get ready for the day. My in-laws were home and I slept in. Gosh! 

What they must be thinking of me? 
............................... 

I didn't know why but I could feel tension on breakfast table. Suho and Irene joined us for breakfast and I was really glad to meet them after this long time... 

But there was this untold tension between father-in-law and Suho.. I could feel awkwardness radiating off them but maybe they didn't want to show it in front of me? 

Another thing.. My dear husband wasn't present for breakfast. He was out for some work according to my mother-in-law. 

He didn't even bother to text me! 

"Noona" I heard someone exclaim loudly as soon as I placed plates in sink. My heart jumped in joy as I recognized the voice. 

No way! 

I immediately ran out of kitchen towards lobby and the sight of my younger brother greeted me "Sehun" I gasped in surprise. 

"Yeyyy.. I'm here" he came and hugged me tightly as I hugged him back. "I missed you noona" 

"I missed you too Hun" I whispered as I blinked my eyes to stop my tears. I won't cry in front of him! 

"Don't cry. I'm here" he chuckled and I punched his chest playfully. "I've grown taller than you" he said, proudly as we broke apart. 

"I know" I ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead "But.. How are you.. here?" I frowned atonce. 

"Your husband brought me here" he winked and as if on cue, Baekhyun entered, his plane grey shirt doing wonders on his pale skin while his rolled up sleeves were giving him a very... y look. "I'm still mad at you.. You didn't even tell me.. your only sibling about your Marriage" 

"I.. I __" I also didn't know I was getting married that day. I wanted to reply but Baekhyun cut me off.. 

"Sehun.." he ruffled his hair "Don't blame your sister. I already explained you everything" he told him, smiling. 

He just... smiled? 

"Are you sick?" I asked without thinking, checking his forehead and they both stared at me like I was some mad woman! "Never mind" I muttered, taking my hand back. 

"Come on.. I'll show you your room" Baekhyun wrapped his arm around Sehun as he pulled Sehun with him. "And yes Hera.. Maids are coming back from their holidays. Don't bother to work" he announced before walking away with my brother. 

What did he tell my brother? 

Why did his behaviour took a complete 360' in one night? 

What the hell was going on? 
................................... 

"I want that too" I huffed as Sehun pointed out another thing and dragged me there. 

Why only me? 

Because Baekhyun was walking with him willingly while I was getting tired of these two stupid guys. 

Baekhyun was seriously spoiling Sehun with so many things!

"Hera" I turned around when someone called my name. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the person in front of me. 

Kim tan? 

"What an...unpleasant surprise" I said, wrapping my arms around my chest, defensively. 

"I know I've hurt you in the past but.. I really wanted to congratulate you. You got married" he smiled a little. 

"Just.. Go away" I muttered before turning around to walk away but stopped when I saw Baekhyun standing there. 

My breath hitched as he came to me with a blank face. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking! 

"Aren't you going to introduce your friend with your husband?" he tilted his head to look at me and I gulped nervously. 

"He is not__" 

"I'm Kim Tan. Hera's High School friend" I bit my lower lip as I felt Kim tan behind me. I unwillingly moved to Baekhyun's side and watched as they both stared at each other. 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun.. Nice to meet you" my dear husband finally replied, shaking hands with Kim Tan. 

"I was just congratulating Hera on her marriage. I wish you all the happiness in the world" Kim tan smiled before staring at me "Stay happy Hera" 

"I'm happy" I replied, staring back at him and then he walked away. 
............................ 

I was thinking about Kim Tan, sitting on bed, staring at nothing in particular. 

Kim Tan was the first guy who approached me during my university days. I was going through a tough phase with completing my studies and earning money from side jobs. 

I even had to take care of Sehun's needs as he was still a young boy. I didn't want any relationship because of my busy life but then he came... 

He was my High School friend but I never had romantic feelings towards him. But then he approached me romantically during university days.. He made me fall for him and then left me saying... His parents won't accept this relationship due to my financial status. I was too poor to be his family's part. 

"You look ugly when you cry" I didn't know I was crying until Baekhyun pointed it out, entering in room. 

"I'm not crying" I said, wiping my tears before climbing down the bed. "I'm just going to watch over Sehun" 

He held my hand before I could walk out of room and my heart almost stopped with his action. "He is the guy who broke your heart during your college days" 

"Wh.. What?" I turned around sharply, completely shocked with his words. 

How the hell did he know that? 

"You told me your story during one of your drunk nights" he said, coming closer to me "You called me that night and told me everything.. We talked for 4 hours straight.. with me trying to console you and you being yourself.. stubborn" 

I averted my gaze towards floor, embarrassed "I'm sorry"

"Are you alright?" he asked gently, lifting my chin up with his fingers. 

I kept my eyes down as tears streamed down my cheeks. I was hurt, even though it happened years ago but the wounds he gave were still fresh. 

I almost thought I was not worth of anyone's love. 

Why? 

Because I was poor! 

"Come here" I let out a painful sob as he pulled me in his arms, his one arm around my waist while other hand was patting my back, calming me down. 

He gently laid me down on bed before laying by my side, his fingers running through my hair. His touch was giving me an unexplained calm feeling... 

"You deserve everything.. Don't let someone tell you otherwise" we stared at each other and my heart melted when he kissed my forehead. 

I smiled shyly and placed my palm on his cheek, he was surprised by my action but his surprise turned into shock at my next words.. 

"Sei il migliore amore mio" 

I'll waiting for your reviews.. Do comment your thoughts.. 

Sei il migliore amore mio - you're the best my beloved.