A Chance

Ruthless


"Good morning sleepyhead" a familiar voice made me stir in my sleep. I slowly opened my heavy eyelids and found myself in his arms. I immediately jumped when I realized my head was on his chest. "

"I'm sorry" I mumbled, looking away. 

"Are you feeling alright now?" I heard him ask and turned my head to look into his eyes, which were filled with sincerity. 

"I'm feeling okay" I said, smiling a little. 

"Good" I heard him say and bit my lip turning away from him. 

How did he managed to look this.. hot in early morning? 

"I'm going for the shower" he said and climbed out of the bed. Just when he was about to enter the bathroom, he turned around and said "you're welcome if you want to join."

My cheeks heated up and I threw pillow at him, which he intelligently dodged. I could hear him chuckle behind the door and realised I was also smiling.

The sound of running water reached my ears and I tried hard not to imagine Byun Baekhyun in his own glory.

I climbed out of the bed and started arranging the stuff in room. I opened one of the drawers to put files when I noticed a photo frame there. 

I never saw it here!

Curiosity arisen in me and I took out the frame, it was mine and Baekhyun's.

It was a picture we clicked when we came out of theatre after watching 'Fifty shades of grey'. We were in America for some business deal and at the end of night decided to watch some movie.. 

Unfortunately it happened to be 'Fifty shades of grey '. 

I literally had to palm my ears and sing 'la la la la' like a child when he started contradicting the story line. How it was all wrong in movie, how it should've been, which position was the best and what were Grey's intention in starting of the movie….

No! We weren't that friendly during work but that day our company has managed to hit a jackpot, grabbing a big deal. We celebrated the night, drinking and then decided to watch movie. 

I was too embarrassed to even listen his theories and Baekhyun being Baekhyun kept making me uneasy with his ual remarks.

I smiled at the picture, my hands were covering my ears and Baekhyun laughing in the background. I smiled and shook my head, putting the photo frame back in the drawer.

Wait! 

Why did he have this?

"Noona..I'm hungry" I jumped in surprise, hearing Sehun's whining sound. He must be outside the room whining like a baby, demanding food early in the morning. 

"When are you not hungry?" I muttered before yelling a quick 'okay'. I turned around and saw Baekhyun leaning against the door frame. 

"I'm hungry too Hera" I choked on air, hearing Baekhyun's words. He laughed lightly at my expressions "Freshen up" and then walked out. 

I shook my head, I should be habitual to his comments by now but I still was not. 

What am I gonna do with you? 

I thought and then went into the bathroom to take much needed shower. 
______________________________________

"Good morning" I froze on my place when Baekhyun gave me a quick peck on cheek "What's for breakfast?" he asked nonchalantly, sitting beside Sehun. 

"Noona is making my favorite dish today" Sehun exclaimed, rubbing his hands to show his excitement. 

"You could have asked maid___" 

"Ani (no)" Sehun shook his head and grinned "Noona (sister) makes the best food in the world" Sehun told Baekhyun. 

"Oh really!" Baekhyun ruffled his hair and I smiled at their interaction. 

They were cute. 

After that Baekhyun left for office while I and Sehun sat on couch, talking about random stuff. 

"I don't understand you sometimes" his brows scrunched in confusion. "I mean you took this big risk for brother-in-law" 

"What?" I frowned "What are you talking about?" 

"Come on Noona" he rolled his eyes "Baekhyun hyung told me everything" 

"What.. What did he tell you?" my eyes widened as I was not ready to face Sehun about this matter. 

I'd no idea what lies Baekhyun told Sehun about this marriage. 

"He said that Amira, his bride to be, left him night before his wedding day. He was heartbroken and you consoled him. That night you two realised your feelings for each other, that you and he was more than boss and secretary. You even agreed to marry him. Next day you got happily married" 

Never knew you watch K-dramas Byun Baekhyun! 

"Honestly Noona, your love story feels like coming straight from K-dramas" he chuckled. 

"Yeah I feel like that too" I muttered. 

"So what changed?" He asked holding my hand, giving it a squeeze.

"What do you mean?" 

"It seems like there is something more. It seems like a random lie to be frank" he said nervously. 

He was worried about me getting offended. "I mean noona.. you didn't marry him for his status. Right?" 

"Sehun" 

"I'm sorry for saying this noona" he looked down ashamed "but I like Baekhyun hyung and he's too nice to be play with"

"Sehun..it's not like that" I told him. "I didn't marry Baekhyun for money. I swear" I saw him sighing in relief "I.. I don't know Sehun. I kind of… I don't know..it's just that whenever I'm with him. It just consumes me" I said staring off the space. 

"What about Minho?" I looked at him with wide eyes and he shook his head "I know he's back and judging your expressions you met him".

"Yeah I did. When I was with Minho.. I didn't.. I mean he was sweet, caring, everything a girl could want but it wasn't like this with him" I muttered and then realized it was truth. 

I was telling truth about my feelings. 

"Noona are you in love with him?" He asked and I thought about it for a moment. 

Do I love Baekhyun ? 

No. 

Of course I didn't love him. He was my boss before all this'd happened. 

"I don't know what I feel Sehun" I shrugged my shoulders and he smiled knowingly.

"You'll" he said before kissing my Cheek and leaving to take a nap. 

I sighed and looked down at my ring finger, and caressed my wedding ring. 

Should I step up to save this relationship? 
______________________________________

It was evening time when Baekhyun returned from office. He went to take shower while I continued reading my unfinished novel. 

Love is a beautiful feeling that could make your heart swell up with happiness or could tear you apart without any physical harm. 

I shook my head reading the book in my hands. 

"Give him a chance" 

"But what if it Didn't work out?" 

"Then atleast you tried. Don't give up without trying" 

Should I give this relationship a chance too? 

"Hera! Towel" Baekhyun's shouting voice made me jump. He was shouting over the running water and I glanced at the towel which was lying on a chair. I looked back and forth between towel and the door. "Hera.." He sing sang my name and I rolled my eyes.

I took the towel and entered into the bathroom. The glass was shielding me from Baekhyun and I looked anywhere but there.

"Take it" I said and heard the glass sliding . I turned my head away as I wrenched my hand holding towel towards him but when he didn't take it after few seconds I turned my head towards the door. Just then Baekhyun pulled me to him and my chest collided with his.

I gasped and he smirked, tilting his head to stare at me. His blue eyes were staring intensely in mine and I tried not to look down, now that I was totally aware of the fact that he was covering himself with only a towel wrapped around his waist. 

Yes! He tricked me. 

He had towel!

My breath picked up when he placed his palm on my cheek and I couldn't help but lean into his soft touch "What if I tell you I can't resist you anymore."

My eyes opened widely as I met his gaze "Baekhyun" My heart started beating wildly in my chest in anticipation.

"No… I can't pretend that you're not here with me" he said as his hands slid down to my back, pulling me against him tightly. "In my arms. I can't pretend that you're not responding to my touch and now that you're mine. I want to take you right now" he whispered hoarsely and I shivered, closing my eyes. 

"Baekhyun listen ___" 

"You want this" he stated as he started leaving hot trails of kisses throughout my neck, jaw line. 

"Baekhyun" I moaned as his hands slides up and down my sides. The hot water tickling our skin and Baekhyun's intense gaze made my stomach clench in excitement. 

"You don't know how much I want you" he said as he pulled my thigh to his waist, making me aware of his arousal. He attacked my lips furiously like there was no tomorrow and I kissed him back with the same intensity.

It was….tempting.

But 

I promised myself this morning that I won't be a toy of Baekhyun's game. I won't give in but it was Baekhyun we were talking about. 

I took a deep breath and pushed him away before making my way out to Baekhyun's room. …our room. 

"What. The. Hell?" I heard him ask as he followed me out, now fully clothed. 

"You can't do this" I said calmly and went to stand in front of him. He raised his brows at me "I want us to work" I cupped his cheeks and I could see shock on his face as I stared right into his eyes "We're married. Can we atleast try to act like that?"

"Oh come on Hera" he tried to run away from me but I didn't let him. 

"I want to try. We could be happy just like others Baekhyun. Please I'm willing to give this thing a chance even after everything. Can't you ___" 

"No" Baekhyun stepped away from me "I don't believe in this . It's just an arrangement. Don't try to change it into something else" he glared in ny direction before walking away but I atonce stopped him by standing in front of him. 

"You're not sleeping with someone else whether I sleep with you or not " I said wrapping my arms against my chest. 

"Stop being a jealous wife Hera. It's been a month and you're still playing hard to get. Patience is not my thing." he rolled his eyes turning away but I held his hand and made him face me. 

"So you just want to sleep with me, no emotions, no feelings involved?"

"I told you that ship has sailed a long time ago" he shrugged as I eyed him carefully.

"Baekhyun I want to figure things out" I said. 

"We're not doing some business deal Hera" he replied bored. 

"I don't know how I feel" I tried to make him understand but he cut me off in middle. 

"You do. There is always between us since the second we met and when it'll break…" His gaze fell on my lips and I a breath. "You want this and you know that" he stepped closer to me. 

He clearly liked invading my personal space.

I went on my tip toes and kissed his cheek "I want Love not just physical relationship" 

"Shut up" he grumbled, trying to pass by my side. 

"If you stepped out of this room, I'll tell mom dad everything" I threatened him. 

He looked at me in disbelief but I stood strong, challenging him. He gave in and laid down on bed. I smiled to myself and went to sleep. 

I came to know about something that day. Byun Baekhyun was not going to back down until I gave in and I sure as hell was not going to do that anytime soon.

Long chapter.. I hope it was worth to wait.. 💕.. Don't forget to leave your comments.. I'll be happy to read them😊❤️

How many of you wants Baekhyun's point of view? 😏👻