009

Facade

Minji gasps when someone pulled her in an empty room and fall into the person’s embrace. The person quickly covered , not wanting someone else to hear them. She hits the person when she saw who it is. “Jungkook!” He whines and pout as if she hits her hard. “Why are we seeing each other here? Why not in your office?”

“What? I just missed you, kay.” He hugs her again and caressed her hair. She just rolled her eyes but smiles, knowing he’s missing her. He quickly pecks on her cheek and that makes Minji frowns. “There’s definitely something wrong with you today.” She places her hand on his forehead to check whether he’s having a fever or not. Jungkook grabs her hand and interlace their hands.

Minji just can’t stop smiling when he looks at her but that doesn’t stop her suspicion. “We had a long video call last night. Why suddenly miss me?” Jungkook just hug her again and she just wrap her arms around him. They stay like that for a while until Jungkook speaks. “Well, there’s a reason why I want to see you here.”

 

Both of them talk inside the room for how long they don’t know. Fortunately, no one wants to use the room so their secret are safe. “Talking about newbie. I had a lunch with him.” That makes Jungkook squints his eyes. ‘That fast.’ He thought and not liking the idea if they become friends. “Alone?”

“What? No. of course with Taehyung but he’s a bit weird. Quite talkative, I think.” Talkative. That’s what he thinks too and he doesn’t like the newbie being talkative. “What did he say?” Jungkook is playing with her fingers while both of them sit, facing each other. “Well, Taehyung starts it first and I don’t want to join the unimportant talk.” Jungkook smiles and pat her head. “Good girl.”

As they talk about the newbie, Minji knows why Jungkook doesn’t want her to meddle with him. That’s because they’re colleague now and Minji knows how much Jungkook hates when a man enter her life. “Arrasseo. I’ll try to stay away as much as I can. But Taehyung starts it first so I’m guessing he’ll stick with Taehyung.”

“Then, make sure he doesn’t spend time with both of you.”

 

 

Taehyung and Minji are on their way to her house. It’s like a routine for Taehyung to sends her home. It’s like Minji has a butler but he knows he does this to make sure his friend safely arrive in her house. Minji has stopped from working because Jungkook makes her to do so. The power of Jeon Jungkook. “Hey, Ji.” She hums, responding him.

“Earlier when you left during lunch, Eunwoo and I had some talk.” Minji eats her gelato ice cream while listening to Taehyung. “Eunwoo is some kind…”

“Kind of what?”

“Weird.” He says with full of emotion and that just brings laughter to Minji. Her best friend surely never stop making her laughs. “In what way?”

Taehyung takes a sip of his iced latte before proceed. “He asked a weird question.” She glares at him for talking too much. “Just tell me quick!” Taehyung just side glance his best friend for cutting his words. “Seriously, Ji. I just want to make the story more dramatic.” Then, he receives a smack on his arm for delaying the story.

“Geez. Fine. He asked me if you have someone already or not.” He says as he takes another sip of his drink and stopped when he realised that Minji is not following him anymore. “Yah!” Minji flinches when she heard Taehyung shouts. Minji beckons as if she’s going to hit him and Taehyung quickly run away. “Gosh, that’s scary. How can Jungkook falls in love with you.” He places his hand on his chest, surprised with her action.

“Anyway, what did you say to Eunwoo?” Taehyung clears his throat and act as he’s not scared and quickly respond to her or else he’ll get hit again. “I said the only man you ever see is me.” He gets another hit again on his arm. He whines and knocked her head, he regrets right away for doing so. He gets a smack on his head. “Yah, you’re abusing me. I’m your oppa!”

“Then why didn’t you tell him that I already have someone. You know Jungkook gonna kill him if he ever make a move.” Taehyung just rolled his eyes and glare at her. ‘You think you’re pretty for boys to get crazy over you?!’ He cursed her but he gets a knock on his head. “What’s that for?!” He rubs his head at the place where he gets hit. “For thinking guys must be crazy over me.” He deadpanned. Gosh, they seriously best friend for nothing.

 

 

Jungkook drives to meet his friends again to talk about this thing. He’s not good with action so he needs some advice from them or else he just gonna explode with jealousy. “Gooday, mate.” Jungkook frowns and take a sit at their previous place. “What’s with the accent?” Dokyeom chuckles and tell Jungkook that Mingyu just kind of obsessed with the Australian accent. “Why so sudden?”

Yugyeom and Bambam chuckle and they receive a glare from Mingyu. “He’s interested in this particular girl. She’s from Australia.” Mingyu tells them to keep quiet but Jungkook insists on telling him. It’s a rare thing for Mingyu to have something for a girl. “She’s Korean but lives in Australia and now that girl is studying in Korea. She always eat at the place where Mingyu work. Somehow that girl caught Mingyu’s heart.” Minghao explains and Mingyu just feel shy with that. “Aww… our Mingyu has grown up. Took you long enough to have a girl.” Then, the teasing moment has started. Thanks to his other mates.

“I thought you and Eunha will make it but she has someone already, huh?” Mingyu can just take a sip of his drink to calm himself. Then, he remember something. More like a person. “Dokyeom and Yuna still in ‘that’ phase.” He smirks, finally there’s something he can reply. The rest are cheering and Dokyeom sighs. “I didn’t start it first. Yugyeom did!”

“So, what will you do? You still like her, right?” before he can reply his friends, a notification pops up. Jungkook peeps at his phone. “Awww… It’s Yuju.” Dokyeom nearly had a heart attack because Jungkook is too close with him. “Yah!” He quickly hides his phone. “It’s nothing. Yuna and I are friends. That’s why we keep in touch.”

 

This time they talk about girls and it seems like all of them are trying to scout the girls. Mingyu has a thing for Australian- Korean girl named Rose or should they called Chaeyeong. While Dokyeom secretly has a crush on a girl named Choi Yuna or people called her Yuju. Bambam and Minghao are not thinking about that yet. “He’s thinking of making an empire. That’s why he never have time to think of girls.”

“It’s not the time yet. Besides I’m still young so why not work first.” Jungkook just smiles seeing how his friends are grown up now. Yugyeom wants to have a girlfriend but he doesn’t know who to choose while Jaehyun has a lot of girls around him. It’s just he doesn’t feel like to have one yet.

 

After a long conversation, Jungkook finally tells them about it. Being Jungkook friends, of course they support and want to help their friend. “What’s the guy name?”

“Eunwoo. Cha Eunwoo.” Dokyeom and Minghao look at Mingyu. “Isn’t that your friend, Mingyu- ah?” Dokyeom asked but Mingyu just want confirmation so he asks again. “Yeah. His name is Cha Eunwoo and he kinda look like Jaehyun a bit.”

Mingyu scoffs and unlock his phone to show Jungkook his picture. “This guy, right?” He points at Eunwoo and Jungkook nods vigorously. “You’re friend with him?” He nods. “Yep and I was thinking to make him join our group.” Jungkook eyes widened and he doesn’t know if he should agree or not.