001

Facade

Running to her first class, she cursed the alarm clock for not waking her up. She just doesn’t want to admit that it’s her fault for sleep late last night. She peeks through the glass that was designed on the door. ‘Crap, it started.’ She thinks twice whether she should grab the knob or knock on the door or just barge in. Being polite she is, she knocks on the door. But before she can knock twice, the door has opened.

She looks up and left hanging. Okay, her lecturer just opened the door for her. ‘.’ Plastering on her best smile she ever have, “Hi.”

He crossed his arms with his eyebrow raising. “You’re late, miss Yoon. I assume.” She bites her lips, almost cursing. “Uh, can I go in?” She asked, trying to look at her lecturer. “What makes you think I’ll let you in?” She doesn’t answer and let the question hanging in the air for a while.

“It’s your first class and you’re late.” She fiddles with her fingers and just wait for her lecturer to let her in. Then, he asks her to enter the class and introduce herself just like the rest. “Sorry, I’m late.” She mumbles but her lecturer is very quick to catch.

 

“Why don’t you tell me that he doesn’t starts any lesson yet?” She hissed to her close friend, Taehyung. “Well, you should know only introduction on the first day.” He hisses back. She glares at her best friend for hissing back. Then, whole class become silent. “Dude, why is it quiet?”

‘I don’t know.’ Both of them look around the class and their classmates are looking at them. Then Taehyung grins stupidly, bowing at the lecturer. “Anything you want to talk about?” Minji widened her eyes, surprised that her lecturer actually heard her. “N- Nothing, sir.” Not daring to look at her lecturer, she only looks at her table while standing.

“Sit, Miss Yoon.” His voice sounds stern.

 

 

Right after the class ended, couple of best friend go out to hunt for food. “Dude, seriously I thought I’m going to have detention. He’s so scary like .”

“I know righ-“Taehyung becomes silent and gulp. “Dude, say something.” She smacks his arm and look behind her because she knows that look on his face. She gasps, didn’t expect this person is the one behind her. “S- Sir.”

“Done talking about me?” she somehow nods to his question. “Lucky you I didn’t give you any detention for being late on the first class and for cursing me.”

Minji and Taehyung are about to walk further from their lecturer but he stops, making both of them stop as well. “You sure don’t want to apologise?” Minji can senses that her lecturer is talking informally. He crossed his arms again and this time he waits for something.

Glancing at his watch and look straight at Minji. “I think your friend can leave, Miss Yoon.” Taehyung looks between Minji and their lecturer. ‘This is not good.’ Taehyung leaves, following his lecturer’s instruction.

“So, you’re not gonna say anything?” He raises his eyebrows, asking Minji after Taehyung leaves. “Look, I don’t have much time for this but since you just talk about me and came late to my class, I deserve an apology.” Minji frowns, not agreeing with her lecturer. “Well, I don’t think I should.”

Her lecturer eyes darkened. “You don’t know me yet so don’t make me goes berserk.” Minji stares at his lecturer murkily. “Okay. Since you don’t want to apologise, we’ll see in next class.” He leaves Minji in fuzzy with the way he talks. “Does lecturer can talk that informal to his students?”

 

Taehyung waves at Minji outside the gate. “What happens?” She just shrug, not sure what is happening. “All I know he talks too informal to me.” Taehyung looks at Minji in disbelief. “Can he talks that way to a student?”

 

Minji lies on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She feels quite tired because after her class she went to her work. Somehow, she remembers her new lecturer. He’s a bit different than the rest lecturer. He looks way too young for a lecturer. ‘Could be he is young. That’s why he talked informally to me.’ She thinks as that has been her fifth time thinking about her lecturer.

“He must be nut.”

Later, she receives a call from Taehyung. “What do you want this late?” He chuckles, knowing his friend is tired but he stills want to talk with her. “I’m just wondering about our lecturer, Sir Jeon. Don’t you think he’s something?”

And that’s how they started gossiping their new lecturer for his suspicious action.

 

 

The next day Minji somehow woke early although she was on the phone for a long time. She arrives at her college earlier than yesterday and she feels proud about it. Luckily, she got no class with that lecturer early this morning or else it’s definitely mood pooper.

 

After their recess time, they proceed with the next class and at this moment Taehyung just need to remind her. “It’s Sir Jeon class. I’m kind of scared with him.” She almost face palms herself hearing they have Sir Jeon class after their recess. “I don’t like this.” The best friend sit silently and watch their new lecturer come in.

Her breath stops when she saw Sir Jeon is staring at her with dark looks but quickly change his expression once he greets his students. She doesn’t know why, but she admits that look makes her heart pounding. She admitted that her new lecturer is good looking but knowing that he’s a lecturer, she doesn’t want to mingle with him.

“Did you see? He looks at you like he wants to beat you up.” Taehyung says, making Minji realise that she has been staring at her lecturer for a while. “If he wants to play along, I can join him.” Minji smirks as something pops up in her mind.

 

The class with Sir Jeon finally end after so long. As the rest of them disperse form the class, somehow Minji has been stopped by her lecturer. “Miss Yoon.” Taehyung halts as well when Sir Jeon called upon his best friend. “You may leave Kim.” His eyes doesn’t leave Minji even for a little. Taehyung looks at his best friend but Minji beckons him to leave. He knows she’s going to be fine.

“I’m sure you know why I call you, Minji.” Her eyes widened a bit when her lecturer called her name. Informally again.

“All I want you to apologise that’s it. You should learn how to respect elders.” Minji is slightly taken aback with what he says.

“I think I know myself well, Sir Jeon.”

“It’s Jungkook to you.”

Almost stunned with her lecturer, she frowns. “Why I should call you by name. I thought you hate me.” She says mockingly.

“Why would I hate on you? Didn’t your parents say anything about me?” Her eyebrows furrowed, wondering what the hell her lecturer is talking about. She looks at how suddenly her lecturer soften a bit. “Look, I’m sorry for scold you yesterday. I thought you knew who I am.”

“What are you talking about?” She murmurs, still can’t comprehend what he’s talking about. “You…” He paused, frowns as well.

“You don’t know that I’m you fiancé?”


Finally updated!