004

Facade

Minji wakes early than she thought. She doesn’t know why but she just can’t sleep. She still on her bed, blanket covering her body. She thinks about last night. Why Jungkook would said that. She grabs the necklace and look at the ring.

Can you please wear that ring so no one can bother you.’

She doesn’t know what or what but there’s something tugged in her heart. She just hopes that this is only a dream but the existence of Jungkook make it seems real. She gets up and sit, taking off her necklace. Pull the ring out and keep her necklace in her drawer next to her bed.

She stares at the ring and realise there’s something written behind the ring. ‘Jungkook ♡ Minji’. A smile creeps on her face. She tries to put on her ring finger on her right hand. Somehow she thinks it look pretty and decide to wear it. ‘He has nice taste.’

 

 

Minji receives a call from an unknown number right after she comes out from bookstore. Minji loves spending her time in a bookstore. She loves reading but she doesn’t like library. Library is full with fact books but bookstore is more to novels and she likes that.

She receives a message from the same number. ‘Just wait there.’ She frowns, not knowing who the person behind this is. Something tells her to just wait so she waits. Not less in 10 minutes, the person comes and tap her shoulder. “Sorry I’m late.” That voice. She knows that voice although they barely talk but she can recognise the voice. She turns around just to be greet with Jungkook smiling at her. “Hi.”

She almost gasps when she saw him. “H-hi.” She doesn’t know what happen to her but she likes it. ‘Was I like this back then?’

“You’re okay? You look surprised.” Then she smack Jungkook on his arm, covering her nervousness. “Of course I’m surprised. You suddenly came behind me.” She glares jokingly at him and Jungkook is worried. “Why did you come and how do you know I’m here?”

Jungkook frowns change into relief one. “You love books and you always spend your time at a bookstore.” He shrugs his shoulder. Minji tries to hide her smile but Jungkook saw it. “Hey, I’ve known you for a really long time. How can I not know about my future wife?” Darn it. She thought. Jungkook just makes her blushed deeply and her heart race.

“So why are you here?” Trying to cover her soft side. “Well, we’re getting married, right?” He raises his eyebrows with a small smile appear. Minji curses this boy silently for making her weak. “Uhh yeah?”

He pouts, showing his other side which is not the lecturer’s side. “You don’t want to marry me?”

“Are you seriously a lecturer?”

“Hey, I’m a person too.” Then, Minji starts to walk first, leaving pouty Jungkook behind. “Ji!” Jungkook links their arm so they can walk together. “Are you or are you not?” Jungkook just wait for the answer and after a while it starts to irk him. “Minji.”

“Yeah, I guess.” She mumbles, somehow making Jungkook smiles. “So, if we want to get married then we need to have the attire.” She nods curtly.

“But how come my mom always tell you than her own daughter?” Jungkook chuckles then caresses her cheek. “Maybe your mom has put her trust on me ever since we were child.” She pushes Jungkook’s arm away to cross her arms. “Well that’s not fair.” Jungkook links back their arm and tell her it was a joke.

 

They finally arrive at the boutique after quite long walk. This boutique has been Minji’s family trusted boutique. They don’t own this boutique but her family prefer this over others. The staffs inside also already recognise Minji. “How do they know you?” Jungkook whispers to Minji, making her shiver. She sighs before speak. “My mom and my other relatives always come here for any wedding reception.”

“You know, Ji. I don’t really know the difference between these dresses but whatever you wear, must be beautiful.” She totally deadpanned. “All you know is to sweet talk with me?” She shook her head and goes to changing room. ‘Do I?’ He frowns as he scratches his head.

After a while, the curtain slides and reveal Minji in her preference wedding dress. A beautiful long white tulle dress wrapped perfectly on her body. Jungkook almost drool, but quickly cover. “I don’t think I need your opinion.” She says as she saw Jungkook is utterly shock and take the dress without thinking twice.

Jungkook still hasn’t recover with Minji appearance. ‘Was that really Minji?’ He shakes his head and back to his sense. “Totally crazy.”

 

 

Leaving the boutique, Minji tells Jungkook that she’s hungry so they search for food. “Were we really this close, Sir Jeon?” That question just comes out so sudden and Jungkook frowns. “More than you think and what’s with Sir?”

“Just for fun. It’s been a while since I call you sir.”

“Well, you don’t have to unless you’re my student.” He pokes her cheek and she deflects his finger. “I’m your student.”

“You’re my wife.” He teased and Minji wonders how they became so close. “You’re wearing our ring.” He says all of sudden, making Minji looks at her finger. “I feel like want to.” Jungkook smirks and again. “Is it because of me?” She mentally tired with this man and push him softly. “Just get away from me!”

 

They finally get to fill in their stomach. “Calm down, Ji.” Jungkook saw how Minji chews all the food and it somehow surprise him. ‘Same old you.’ He chuckles and just take a sip on his drink. “Your appetite just the same, huh?”

“I thought you knew my hobby is eat.” She rolled her eyes and gulp her drink. “I know that but it could be you changed.”

“Food is my priority. Nothing can change that.” Jungkook chuckles at how his Minji is still the same. He looks at Minji with adore and somehow his ‘something missing’ has been occupied. He missed staring at Minji like this. He missed how Minji and food can never be apart. He missed how he always stuck with her and mostly he missed his girl.

He ruffles her hair and pinch her cheek. “Stop it.” She deflects his hand again. “You’re too cute.” Again, he makes her weak. ‘Stop reacting.’ She mentally smacks her chest. She pretends as if nothing happened and eat one last bite before leave the place.

 

They take a walk back to Minji’s house after done eating. All of sudden Jungkook calls her although they’re just side by side. “Hey, Jeon.”

“What?” She reacts quickly. “You respond.” Jungkook smirks.

“Well, I thought you’re calling yourself.” She says as she looks away. “But that’s really quick.” His smirk just wouldn’t wave away and Minji just wants to smack him. “Whatever.” Leaving Jungkook behind again and Jungkook quickly engulf her in hug before she can go further.

“I’m just kidding but hey, that’s true.” He speaks closely to her ear, making her blushed and honestly she has never feel this shy whenever she’s with guy. “Sir, you’re too much.” She tries to escape from him but Jungkook just wouldn’t let go. He just chuckles and somehow he accidentally kissed her cheek while she trying to escape.


Finally Minji x Jungkook interaction!