002

Facade

“I’m your what?” Her eyes widened in disbelief.

“Aunt and uncle didn’t say anything?” She shakes her head as if she haven’t heard this nonsense statement. “Since when you became my fiancé? This is ridiculous.” She somehow feels angry just by hearing stupid things. She bumps her shoulder with Jungkook, feeling dissatisfied with what she heard. “But, Minji.” He tries to grab on her wrist but fail.

Minji slammed the door loud enough to make Taehyung knows that she’s totally mad. “This is bull!” Taehyung startled with her sudden anger. “What happen?”

Minji just walks ahead, leaving Taehyung behind. Then, Jungkook appears behind the door. “What have you done to her?” Taehyung feels irritates all of sudden by his presence. Maybe because he made his best friend mad and he doesn’t like that. “You should know your position, Sir Jeon.” Gritting his teeth and leave the lecturer alone with his sorrowful look.

“Hey Minji!” He tries to catch on her but Minji makes him stops. “I’m going to my parents’ house. Can you please tell Mr Seo that I can’t come to work today?”

 

Standing in front of a big gate and glaring at the guard, she somehow manages to step in. “Oh, Miss Kim is home.” One of the butler says, making the rest of them pay attention to their princess. “Where’s my parents?” She asks as she crossed her arms in front of her mom’s secretary. “They’re inside. Why you look furious?” She rolled her eyes and walk in her house hastily.

“Oh, sweetheart.” Her dad greets his one and only daughter delightfully. She hugs her dad as in respect but then bombard him with questions. “Dad, do you have something to tell me?”

Her mom appears with smile when she saw her precious daughter is home. “Is there anything you want to tell us, honey?” Her mom sits next to her and caressed her daughter’s hair. “I asked first.” Her mom just keep on smiles as she already figured out.

“I see you have meet him, right?” Minji’s attention now is fully on her mom. “So, it’s true you set up this whole thing.” She glowers. “No need to be angry, sweetheart. Is good that you finally meet Jungkook.”

“Mom, I’ve never disobey both of you but why this? Don’t you think this is too much.” She whines, changing herself into baby once she’s with her parents. Her mom giggles and her dad just shakes his head. “Come on. You’re big enough.” She pouts and her mom just need to pinch on her cheeks. “How old is he anyway?”

“21.”

“I knew it. He’s too young to be a lecturer.”

“Oh, he’s your lecturer?” She nods as her dad asked her in amusement. “That’s interesting. I can have talk with him anytime.” Her dad grabs the newspaper on the table. Same old day. Her dad never use any tabs or smartphones when it comes to news. He’s using the old way. Her dad somehow feels excited with his future son in- law because his occupation is just exactly like him. “Oh your dad gonna have a talk between lecturers.” Her mom cooes. She face palms but somehow ask about that Sir Jeon.

 

 

The next day Minji will have a morning class with Sir Jeon and it somehow annoyed her. And so does her best friend, Taehyung. ‘Why do I need to face him very early?’

Jungkook enters the class, looking different. More manly, she guess. White button up shirt, tuck in. His sleeves has been fold neatly on his mid wrist. His hair swipes aside, showing his forehead for the first time. She doesn’t know why but she kinda like that look because that’s what her ideal type looks like.

“Morning, class.” Jungkook looks so bright as if something happen but Minji just shrug it away. “You look great, Sir Jeon.” He receives a few compliments from the girls, making himself chuckles. “Thanks. You look good too.”

“Ji, did you see that? He just openly flirt with our classmates. I know he’s a y.” Minji almost laughs hearing how her friend talk about their lecturer. Taehyung doesn’t know yet that Sir Jeon is her fiancé, moreover they’ll marry each other in couple of month since her parents don’t want to hold any longer.

Jungkook takes a look at Minji, who’s laughing with Taehyung at the back. His expression somehow changed a bit. He coughs a bit and asked for his students to open the book.

 

As soon as his class ended, he calls upon Minji. Again. “Do I need to leave again?” Receiving a nod from his lecturer, he rolled his eyes not to miss the laugh from Minji. After Taehyung leaves, Jungkook hums and look at Minji.

“What?” She asked while crossing her arms like always. “Just to remind you that our family we’ll be meeting for dinner.” Her eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed. “Mom and dad didn’t tell me about this.”

“Well, they asked me to tell on you.” She scowls but look up to Jungkook. “Is that why you’re wearing like this? To impress me?” Jungkook is taken aback and quickly shook. “N- No. It’s actually what I supposed to wear.” His ears reddened at how quick she judges. “Listen Jungkook, don’t you think you’re too young to get married?”

His heart beats when she calls his name. Not his family name. “If you think so, then just ignore this whole s.”

“But…”

“Or I could fire you, Jeon Jungkook. Nobody mess up with me.” She glares and as a lecturer and someone older than her, he doesn’t know what to do with the threat. “But isn’t it our promise when we were child?” Something caught in her, making her stop breathing. “What?”

 

 

Later that night, Jeon’s family arrive earlier than the Kim’s. Minji is still not recover from the sudden news. ‘What kind of promises they made back then?’ A mid aged woman waves at the family and Jungkook can’t help but to turn his whole body to the Kim’s. His eyes widened a bit, seeing how beautiful Minji can be.

He quickly snaps out of his trance before anyone realise that. “Oh, Soojin- ah.” His mom hugs her mom and so does Minji. “Look at you, Minji. You’re a grown lady now.” Minji just smiles meekly, not knowing how to respond. “When was the last time I saw her?”

Minji sits across Jungkook and look at him boringly. Jungkook is different. He feels shy just by seeing her in front of him. ‘Get a grip, Jungkook. You’re her lecturer. Be professional.’ He mentally slaps himself before back to the reality.

 

The night is longer than what she thought with both parents talking about the past. Minji feels so bored that she accidentally step on Jungkook’s shoes. He quickly look at Minji, not making any sound. Minji looks back and think thoroughly whether she should apologise or not. ‘Meh.’ Then they heard their parents talking about their childhood.

“I remembered when Jungkook said he wants to protect little Ji when he grows up.” His mom giggles, looking at her son. “I definitely remember when Minji keeps on saying she wanted to get married with Jungkook because he cares a lot about her.” Minji eyes widened and somehow she blushed. ‘That could be wrong.’

“She even said that no one can have Jungkook unless her.” The parents are laughing while Minji just shuts her eyes. ‘I don’t remember saying such thing!’ She opens her eyes and saw Jungkook slightly smirks. ‘Damn, you!’