008

Facade

Jungkook leans on his bed while sitting on the floor, looking at his phone. All smiley. It’s just Minji sending updates about her, afraid Jungkook might barge into her house so she updates to him. Somehow it feels like they’re married already. Jungkook is definitely lovesick puppy who needs his fiancée’s attention. When she tells him about what she did with Taehyung, his smile abruptly change. He quickly dialled the girl.

“What did you do, Ji?” His voice sounds so deep, it just makes Minji shudders.

“Nothing. Mom and dad just having fun with Taehyung.”

“Yah! Why aunt and uncle need to have fun with Taehyung? I’m their son in-law.” Minji chuckles hearing him. She can totally imagine his pout. “Well, he’s my friend and they know about my friend.”

Jungkook ends the call and that makes Minji flustered. But, he quickly call her with video call so he can see her face. “You surprised me.” She says but his pouts just won’t retreat. “Hey, what’s with that?” Minji just can’t stop laugh seeing Jungkook being a baby.

“You had fun with Taehyung. Without me.” Jungkook just can’t show his angriness because it’s his fiancée. All he can do is just show, cuteness. “Of course I had fun with Taehyung. Just cut your jealousy, Kook.” She says while laugh and that just makes Jungkook smile by seeing how happy Minji is. That’s his word, Minji’s happy then he’s happy. He’ll do whatever just to see her pretty smile.

“Anyway how was meeting your friends?”

“It was great. I missed them and they all grown up. My friends just won’t stop growing and I feel like I’m the shortest amongst them.” He sulked jokingly because he knows Minji will comfort him. “But you’re taller than me.” He chuckles, expecting that answer. “I know that.” He stuck out his tongue and Minji just can’t do anything about it so she laughs.

They have their time, longer than we thought. Jungkook is definitely in love because he just won’t let his phone down although it’s late already. To him, that’s his stress reliever, his mood, his love and his life. Due to that, he totally forget the existence of his new officemate or his new student. He doesn’t want to tell Minji yet or else she’ll be curious and her attention will divert to the newbie. He knows he hates it.

 

 

Jungkook arrives at his office as usual then realise that his new colleague is not here yet. He shrugs off knowing his new officemate can do everything by himself. He quickly gets ready for his class, which is Minji’s class. He receives a message from Minji that she’ll be a little late because she’s having stomach ache. And it concerns Jungkook.

Anyway he needs to go to his class or else it’ll be weird if suddenly both of them arrive at the same time. Although it could be a coincidence.

 

As the students are getting ready for the class to start, Minji finally arrives with Taehyung. Jungkook sighs in relief seeing Minji finally in front him. Taehyung smiles meekly at him and he just nods curtly, letting two of them come in.

But before he can starts, a knock interrupt and someone he doesn’t want to be in class finally arrives. He almost feels annoyed because the person comes at the moment he wants to begin his lesson. “Sorry, I’m late.” He bows to Jungkook and enter the class brightly. Smiling to all his new classmates and it irks Jungkook.

He heard compliments from all the girls and he might swear if it’s coming from his girl. “Come in, Mr Cha.” He nods and walk into the class and saw there’s an empty seat behind Minji. Jungkook almost, ALMOST glare at the newbie for sitting behind his girl. Gosh, his possessive mode is on. Jungkook quickly covers his act and proceed to the lesson.

 

Taehyung turns around to look at the newbie. “Hi, I’m Taehyung and you must be new.” He says grinning while stick his hand. Minji almost smack his head for saying something obviously right. “Uh, yeah. I’m Cha Eunwoo.” Eunwoo eyes stuck at Minji and Taehyung nudges her to introduce herself to newbie. “It’s rude of you for not introducing, Ji.” He scolds and get a hit on his arm. He whines saying it could ruin her image as a girl.

“I’m Kim Minji. Nice seeing you, newbie.” She says impassively because she doesn’t want Jungkook to thing wrong. Nevertheless, Eunwoo just smiles showing his eye smiles that might attracts the girls. “You’re toughed, huh?” Somehow that accidentally spill out.

Taehyung chuckles and she just glares at him. “Yeah as you can see, Cha.” Eunwoo stares at her with full of admiration. “Whoa, I can see that. I guess he’s your best friend, right?” He points at Taehyung and both of them nod, confirming it.

‘He definitely has sharp eyes.’ Minji thought and continue with lesson or else Sir Jeon wouldn’t like that.

 

 

Lunch come when suddenly Eunwoo joins them. “Mind if I sit here?” Taehyung, who’s munching on food surprised to see the latter here. “Uh sure.” Eunwoo sits in front of Minji and dig in. Minji tries her best to avoid any interaction with this new person or she needs to face Jungkook first.

“You’re done, Minji?” Eunwoo starts the conversation and both of them are just surprised seeing Eunwoo tries to communicate with them. She nods then check on her phone. “So are both of you the same age?”

Taehyung shakes his head and tell him that he’s 23 while Minji is 20. Eunwoo is shocked hearing that, seeing how matured Minji is. “You?” Eunwoo takes a sip of his drink and tell them that he’s 21. “Oh, you’re the same age as Sir Jeon.”

‘Sir Jeon?’ Then, he remembers it his colleague, Jeon Jungkook. “Right.”

Suddenly, Minji receives a call saying that she needs to go somewhere for a while. Somehow Eunwoo is just so good at interrupting people. “Your parents?” Minji side glances Taehyung and Taehyung saw that too. “Uh no. It’s my brother.” She white lies, don’t want to announce her relationship yet. “Oh, you’re brother comes.” She nods and quickly gets up, leaving the two there.

“So, how did you become her best friend?” Eunwoo takes interest in their relationship and interrogates the man. Taehyung starts to feel awkward with that. “Uh, we’ve been friend since we were young and that’s how we become best friend.”

“Does she have someone already?” Taehyung almost chokes on his drink hearing that. ‘Crap he’s asking.’ He coughs and hesitate to answer. “Uh… the only male she’s close is me.” A smile appears on the newbie face. “Just asking.”