006

Facade

Ding dong! Minji quickly opens the door, thinking it might be Taehyung although she knew Taehyung knows the password. “Hey!” She greets over excited and somehow it turns out to be someone else. “Hi.” A bunny shy smile pops in front of her house and her smile doesn’t falter, just surprised. “You come again.” Nevertheless, she lets him in.

 

After Jungkook apologised to her, he sent her home. Throughout the drive, there so many things happened. One of it, she confronts Jungkook with how scared she was when he went mad for a while. “I’m really sorry.” He said softly as he veered the car. Minji saw how he really regret it and grabbed his hand, caressing. “It’s okay. It was surprising and I didn’t know what to do.”

Somehow they settled it and here they are, meeting each other again. “Were you expecting someone?” She’s caught off guard and quickly tell him the truth. “I was expecting Taehyung because he said he wants to come.” Minji saw how Jungkook becomes slightly tensed when she mentions Taehyung.

“It’s not that I’m disappointed. It j- just I didn’t expect you’ll come again.” She looks down as she fiddles with her fingers. Jungkook looks at her and chuckle silently. “Hey, I’m not mad.” Minji looks at Jungkook with her eyes wide. “Yeah?”

“I’m just testing you but I don’t really like he always come to you.” Minji sighs in relief because Jungkook finally understands her. But she needs to be cautious with her actions, not wanting Jungkook becomes angry again. “That’s good if he wants to come. At least he’ll know the truth.”

 

The couple heard some noise comes from the door while they’re eating. Minji knew its Taehyung so she lets him be. “Hey, Ji! I bring us food.” Taehyung says as he goes to the kitchen. He freezes when he sees something he shouldn’t see. His grins change abruptly into frown. “What in the world…?” He mutters but Minji just grin awkwardly to her best friend. “Hi, Tae. Come and sit.” Taehyung just still can’t remove his eyes from his lecturer.

“What are you doing here, Sir Jeon?” He scratches his head and bemused with the situation. His comical look somehow appears at this serious moment. Minji wants to laugh but seeing Jungkook doesn’t react so she covers her laugh.

Jungkook wipes his mouth and look at Taehyung. His smiles appear, showing his dimple. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Minji pokes her friend and he blinks. “I’m sorry sir but how can you be here?”

Minji and Jungkook guffaw at Taehyung. “Why are you guys laughing?” He whines seeing his best friend laughing at him along with his lecturer. “Do you really need to show that face, Tae?” He rolled his eyes, knowing how much idiot he looks when he makes such face.

 

“So, you’re saying that Sir Jeon is your fiancé?” She nods and so does Jungkook. “Why don’t you tell me earlier, Ji?” He groans as he slumps his body on the couch. “You know I’ve been belittled about him ever since he asked that you rich.”

“You do?” She asked, pretending as if she’s not the same. “We do that, Ji.” He totally deadpans with his one and only best friend. Jungkook glares at her and she just pouts. “I didn’t know that you’re my fiancé. I mean you keep on disturbing me so… yeah.” Taehyung high- fived with her and Jungkook just look at their interaction.

Minji saw that look and quickly retreat her hand. Luckily, Taehyung doesn’t realise that and still gag.

“Anyway, Taehyung. You can call me hyung if you want to.” He stops laugh and totally surprised with the sudden statement.

“But aren’t you too young to be called hyung?”

“Well, I’m your lecturer.” Taehyung scoffs and take a glance at Minji before look back at Jungkook.”

“Sir Jeon, you think people in the class are same age?” Taehyung gets up and sit next to Jungkook while his arm place around Jungkook. “You’re 21, right?” He nods, glance at Minji.

“I’m 23 and I think you should call me hyung.” He smirks while Jungkook just comprehends a mind blowing fact. “You’re what? But Minji doesn’t call you…” He nods and look at Minji. “I’m sure you don’t like it if she calls me that. Lucky you, she doesn’t like calling some random man oppa.” He gets up and pat Jungkook’s back, leaving to the kitchen.

“You didn’t tell me that.” Now it’s his time to stick out his lips. “That’s why I laughed when you’re jealous.”

“But he’s a man and a good looking one!”

“Well, he thinks of me as his little sister. So don’t worry.” Jungkook just gawks at Minji. “I can’t believe this.” He slumps his body on the couch and ruffles his hair.

Minji chuckles softly. “That’s because you’re too young lecturer.” He frowns and sit up, staring at Minji. “We always talk about you’re being too young to be a lecturer.”

“That’s what you bad mouth about me?” She nods. Then, a smirk forms on his face and scoff. “I can’t blame my genius brain for making me a young lecturer.” Then he receives a smack on his face where Minji throw the pillow right on his face. Jungkook just laughs seeing how annoyed Minji is.

 

 

After Taehyung leaves the two, Jungkook finally get the time to be with her after get to know about Taehyung and her new side. Minji is cleaning the kitchen when Jungkook suddenly appear at the island, cupping his own face while looking at Minji. “What do you want, Kook?” She asks without looking at Jungkook as she wipes the table. “What did you call me?” His lips slowly stretched into a grin. “Calling Jungkook is just too long for me.”

“I like it.”

Minji just ignore the man and finish up her work. “Well, I’m leaving.”

“Already?” Her quick reply make Jungkook smiles. Minji cursed mentally for responding too fast and pretend as if she’s totally fine with him leaving. “Well, if you want to leave already. You may.” She says, not looking at Jungkook.

Minji saw Jungkook leaves the kitchen and heard rustle from main door. She sighs and lean on the sink, tossing the towel on the table. ‘Alone.’ Then, she thought of looking at Jungkook going home but something startled her.

“Gotcha!” Jungkook grabs her from behind and a small shriek escapes from . She can’t be more than embarrassed. She heard Jungkook laughs and smacks his arm. “Damn you!” She pouts and glare at the same time.

“I saw that look, Ji.” He says as he wraps his arm on her waist while his other taps her nose. Somehow, a smile slowly appear on her face and she unconsciously cover her face on his chest. Afraid that her red face will cause more ‘controversy’.