005

Facade

Minji saw a man leaning on the wall while playing with his phone. A smile quickly appears on her face. “Taehyung- ah!” She jogs and hug her best friend. Taehyung chuckles, finding his friend’s behaviour weird. “Whoa, you look happy.” He ruffles her hair while Minji pinches his both cheeks. “I miss you, dude.”

Then, here we go with the drama. “Is this for real? My best friend, Minji missing me?” He cups her face and look at her, jaw dropping. “Really, Ji??” Minji guffaws at his stupid action but nods anyway. “Why?” Taehyung joins laughing with his friend and side hug her. “Well, that’s weird.” Back to their senses, Taehyung starts to question Minji. “Well, you were away for two days and leave me all alone.” Minji crossed her arms and pout. Taehyung hugs her again and poke her cheek. “Eyy, it’s just two days. Not like I leave you forever.”

 

They finally arrive at the college on time, still joking around. Minji just wouldn’t stop laughing and it attracts a lot of people attention. “Stop it, Taehyung. You look stupid.” Trying to catch her breath and wipe tears that forming in her eyes. Then, she burst into boisterous laugh again because of Taehyung meme’s face. “Well, I’ve been away for two days. Finally I can hear you laugh.”

They enter the class but somehow everyone’s inside and Sir Jeon is already inside. Although the class will starts in a few, all of them already inside. Both of them enter with laugh and chuckle, attracting other student’s attention and so does Sir Jeon. Jungkook heard and turn around to see Minji and Taehyung are having their moment. He clears his throat and pretend as if he’s reading a book.

They sit at their place and look each other. “I don’t know its Sir Jeon’s class.” Taehyung whispers, not wanting other hear them especially their lecturer. “I don’t know either.” Both of them look confuse but pay attention to his lesson.

 

Before everyone leave the class, Jungkook secretly slips a small note on Minji’s table. Looking around, make sure that no one saw his action even Taehyung, who’s sitting next to Minji. Minji saw it and look at Jungkook. Jungkook makes a gesture to look at the note. She looks at Taehyung, who’s focusing on his drawing, quickly grab the note. Jungkook is already at front, telling the rest students it’s the end of class.

‘Meet me in my office.’

She frowns and scrunches her face. ‘I’m hungry, Jeon.’ Then, Taehyung saw the look she makes. “What’s with that?” Minji almost startle when he speaks. She sighs and shake her head. “Nothing. I’m just hungry.” Taehyung smiles softly and caresses her hair. “Then, let’s go hunting.”

“I want to but I have to go somewhere first.” She juts her lips and Taehyung pinches her lips. “Well, do you need me?” She shakes her head and tell him to go first. “Alright, see you later. But make it quick, kay.” He winks before leave his friend alone in the class.

Minji groans and sigh, cannot believe Jungkook will ruin her moment with her best friend. ‘Urgh, that Jeon!’

 

She knocks on the door and hear ‘come in’ from Jungkook. She opens the door and saw Jungkook is looking through papers with his serious look. He doesn’t even look at Minji when she comes in. Minji slumps in front of him and sighs. “What do you want, Sir?” Jungkook doesn’t even budge and Minji senses something’s not right.

“Did I ask you to sit?” Asking Minji without even glance at her. Minji looks at Jungkook and frown but end up standing back. She just wait for Jungkook to do something but after a while, she’s getting tired. “Can you please-“

She heard Jungkook sighs, placing the paper on his table. “You looked happy today.” He says as he stares at Minji emotionlessly. Not knowing what to answer, she leaves the question hang. “You even laugh loudly. With your best friend.”

And this where Minji realise what’s off. She laughs and lean on Jungkook’s desk. “Seriously, Jeon. Taehyung is my best friend. Of course he will make me laugh.” He loosens his tie and bites his lips. “Yeah he’s your best friend but do you even realise what he did?”

“What?” Jungkook stands swiftly and wrap his arm on her waist while his other hold her lips. “That’s what he did.” Minji widened her eyes, totally surprised with his moves. She couldn’t utter any words as she’s extremely shock.

Both of them stare each other until Jungkook says, “Where’s your ring?”

Minji blinks and look at her ring finger. “I take it off.” Jungkook become tensed, letting Minji and move away from her. “Why?” His voice shows how disappointed he is. “I… don’t want Taehyung to see because he knows I don’t like wearing ring.”

“Does he needs to know that?!” He snaps and Minji flinches. It’s her first time seeing Jungkook looks so angry and she doesn’t know what to do. He turns around and face Minji and stare her intensely.

“Look, I’m totally mad, Ji. You let him touch your hair, even touch your lips. You think I didn’t see that? Why can’t you tell him that we’ll be something soon?” This time Minji really doesn’t know what to say and she feels bad for making Taehyung waits longer than he should. “But-“

“Just get out.”

 

Minji is shock but at the same time, baffled. ‘What’s wrong with him?’ Then she receives a call from Taehyung. She hesitates to answer first but because Taehyung has been waiting for quite long time so she picks up. “Hey, Ji. It seems like you take your time a little longer than I thought.”

“I’m sorry, Tae.” She mumbles but he chuckles. “Hey, I’m not mad. Besides I have something to do.” She feels relief that Taehyung doesn’t need to wait for her that long.

She walks back to her home while thinking Jungkook’s behaviour. ‘He never gets mad at me.’ Throughout the walk, she looks down and wonder herself, ‘What makes Jungkook so angry?’

 

Then, she heard a honk. She flinches again and look at the car. A man steps out from the car and he just takes her breath away. She looks at him with confusion and sorrowful look. “H- Hi.” She mutters.

He hugs her and cupped her face. “Hey, I’m sorry for unleash at you.” He caressed her hair and hug her tightly. “I didn’t mean to scare you.” He softly say. Minji doesn’t know what to do but unconsciously she wraps her arms around his waist. “I’m sorry.”