Youngbin's Heart Part 2

Blood Ties

Youngbin avoided Hyejeong at all cost. He doesn’t go to his siblings school to visit or even answer her calls. He would just text back that he wasn’t able to answer because he was busy with work or with something. Hyejeong kept on asking him to have dinner with her but he keeps on declining by saying he’s busy with practice and preparing for the contest.

“You know you should meet her once and for all.” Jaeyoon told Youngbin one night after practice.

“No! Don’t meet her. It will just make all your wounds fresh again.” Dawon insisted.

Youngbin just looked at his friends and smiled. “Don’t mind me, for now I’m just ignoring her.”

Just then Yuju entered the studio. Taeyang immediately ran to her but stopped in his tracks when he saw the person following Yuju.

“Oppa! I have a surprise for you!” Yuju called out to Youngbin who was busy packing his stuff.

Everyone then looked at Yuju. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing. Everyone just stared at the person with Yuju. Youngbin tho didn’t notice because he was packing his stuff. He then looked at Yuju smiling, “Who is it?”

“Hi.”

Youngbin knew whose voice it belongs to. He’s scared to look at her but he knows that he had to. He had to face this ordeal now. He took a deep breath and muster all the courage he got and looked at her.

“Chani, stopped plotting whatever you’re thinking of doing. Don’t touch her yet. We have to know where your brother stands in all of these.” Dawon whispered to Chani who was staring at Yuju.

“Didn’t anyone of you told Yuju about Youngbin and Hyejeong?” Inseong asked Hwiyoung, Chani and Taeyang.

“I don’t have any reasons to tell her about this.” Hwiyoung said.

“I don’t want noona to hate someone.” Chani said.

“I don’t want to tell Yuju something that will make her sad.” Taeyang said and Inseong just shook his head. Lucky Yuju.

“I guess almost everyone here knows Hyejeong unnie.”

Unnie? Since when did noona call her unnie?  Chani thought.

“I don’t think we have met.” Rowoon said.

“Neither have I.” Juho added.

Yuju then smiled at Hyejeong and pulled her towards Rowoon and Juho. “Unnie, this is Rowoon oppa and Juho oppa. Rowoon oppa might look familiar since he’s a model for Fanta and other stuff. Juho oppa is the “arranger/composer” of oppas crew.” Yuju then turned to Rowoon and Juho, “Guys, this is Shin Hyejeong, Youngbin oppa and Inseong oppa’s former classmate.”

Rowoon then looked at Inseong and Inseong acknowledged that she is “that” girl. Rowoon then smiled and looked at Hyejeong. “Nice to meet you.”

Juho also shook her hand.

Hyejeong then looked around and saw Inseong. She went to him and hugged him. “Hello friend. It’s nice to see you again.” Inseong just tapped her back. “I’ve heard from Chani that you are his teacher. Is he good in class?” Inseong asked.

“Chani is a very gifted dancer just like his hyung.” Hyejeong declared. She then went to Jaeyoon and Dawon and hugged them both. Finally, she came face to face with Youngbin. She hugged him and she felt that he stiffen when she hugged him. She tried her best not to cry right then and there and smiled at him. “Hi! I missed you.”

“No.” Youngbin pushed her hands away from him. “You don’t have any right to tell me that.” He then picked up his bags, “Chani, let’s go home. Taeyang, bring Yuju home after your date.” He said then left the room.

Yuju was confused. She doesn’t understand why her brother was like that. Taeyang seeing this immediately went to her and said, “Let’s go. I’ll explain everything to you later.” He then looked at Hyejeong and bowed. “Unnie I’m sorry. I don’t know why oppa is like this.” Yuju said as Taeyang was gently pulling her out of the room.

Rowoon and Juho both bowed to Hyejeong then left. Dawon and Jaeyoon didn’t even bother to bow to her. They just left the room. Inseong then stood in front of her and said, “I think we should talk.” Then tears fell from Hyejeong’s eyes.

 

Inseong came with a cup of water and handed it to Hyejeong who was trying so hard to wipe the tears away from her face.

“Don’t you think that you’re being a hypocrite now?” Inseong asked Hyejeong.

Hyejeong then looked at Inseong and saw the hatred in his eyes. She then took the water and drank it then smiled at Inseong.

“You hate me too?” She asked him.

“You begged me to introduce you to him. I thought you were a good person so I did. I was proud when he was so happy beside you. I said to myself, “Finally, my friend found his match and I’m the cause of it all.”

“But what did you do? You broke his heart. He was like an empty shell because everything he had, he gave it all to you.

“It was so hard to make him trust people again. He hated everyone, even his loving family. But he didn’t hate you for some reason. He even defended you to people, to us. He told everyone that it was all his fault. He searched for you but you vanished into thin air.

“Good thing dancing brought him back. He began to dance like there’s no tomorrow. He created our crew and I who doesn’t even know how to dance, began to learn how to dance just to make up for the mistake I’ve made in the past.

“You really have no right to tell him that you miss him.”

Hyejeong just took it all in. Inseong was right and she was just wrong. “Do you know why I told him that years ago?” She began.

“I panicked. I was overwhelmed with everything about him. He was the perfect guy. He was very smart, very nice, very kind and very talented. Everyone wants to be with him. That’s the reason I asked you to introduce me to him. I was just like everyone. But for some reason, I became special to him. He began to shower me with love and attention. But little did you know that because of that, a lot of the people who wants his attention began to hurt me whenever he’s not there.

“I was bullied Inseong. Me, Shin Hyejeong, the perfect girl, the most beautiful girl in school was bullied by those who hated me because he chose to be with me.

“The last straw was when a hired person almost me. He told me that if I swear that I will leave Youngbin, he will let me go. But if I tell Youngbin what happened, he’ll come back and hurt me.”

Hyejeong began to cry as she recalled those moments. Inseong was shocked. Who would’ve thought that something happened before to her?

“Then my dad told me that he’s been relocated to the Philippines. It’s my choice if I should go or not. I chose to go with him. I can’t bring myself to tell Youngbin what was happening to me because aside from being scared that I’d get hurt again, I was worried that he might blame himself and I don’t want him to do that.

“So in the end I made that stupid decision and told him that I’m in love with Kyungsoo. I broke his heart but I didn’t know that he’d be affected that much. I was hoping for him to just hate me then go on with his life. But I was wrong. I was so wrong and I’m so sorry.”

Hyejeong began to cry uncontrollably. In between sobs she said, “Then I’ve decided to come back. I was planning to make up with him. Now I’m ready to fight for him. I was willing to beg him if I have to. But then one of his “fangirls” came to me one day and told me everything, blaming me for almost destroying him. She told me to leave and never come back.”

“You should’ve told me everything back then. You should’ve trusted me more.”

“Youngbin-ah.” Inseong said.

 

A/N: I had a hard time deciding on the reason why Hyejeong hurt Youngbin. I didn't expect that I'd decide on this one tho... hehehehehe...