Youngbin’s Heart Part 3

Blood Ties

Inseong looked at his friend and saw the hatred in his eyes but there was something else there too, guilt. He then looked at Hyejeong and her eyes were like saying “I told you so.” He knew he had to leave. He knew his presence there will not help the two of them.

“I’m leaving now.” He said and Hyejeong was panicking. “Can you stay?” She asked.

“Why? Do you think I will hurt you? Do you really think I’m that bad?” Youngbin asked her.

Inseong then held his arm. “Stop it.” He told his friend. “I’m sorry, I can’t stay. The two of you need to sort this out on your own.” He then held Hyejeong’s hand and squeezed it. He faced his bestfriend and whispered, “I can’t believe I’m saying this but listen to her first.” Inseong then waved a little to Hyejeong and left the two of them.


Hyejeong can feel that Youngbin was staring at her. She was too scared of what she’ll see in his eyes. She told herself that she’s a fool for being feeling that way now. She was the one who kept on asking him to meet her and the one who told Yuju to bring her to Youngbin. She then took a deep breath and looked at him.

She gasped at what she saw. His eyes were full of hatred, guilt, hurt and apology. She saw the confusion in his eyes. She wanted to go to him and hug him and tell him that it’s not his fault. But she was also scared that he might reject her again and right now, that is the last thing that she wanted.

Youngbin then took a deep breath, took a chair and sat there facing her. His world crumbled again. It was better when he didn’t know the truth because it was easier to just hate her. But he also knew that her really needs to know the truth.

“Can you tell me what really happened to you back then?” He asked.

She then took a deep breath and said, “At first everything was okay. They would even tell me that I’m lucky that you always talk to me. But as soon as they realized that we were a couple, they began to get jealous. It started with letters, telling me to break up with you because you belong to everyone. Of course I ignored those letters. But those letters turned to threats telling me that I’ll get hurt because I ignored them. 

“Then one day while you were away on a contest for the school, ten girls came to me. It’s the first time I realized how serious the problem was. They just dragged me at the back of the school and took turns on hitting me but they were careful not to leave any visible signs. They told me to end things with you and never to tell anybody what they did.

“I was all alone that time. I tried telling Mina about it but I kept on remembering what they told me and decided to keep things to myself.

“Then you came victorious from that contest and you were so happy when we met. I tried so hard to act normal but as soon as you left me, I began to cry again. I was torn. I wanted to stay with you but I was also scared of them. 

“But then someone saw us that night and told those girls about it. That’s when they hired someone to scare me. The guy that they hired was one of my ex suitors. He was more than happy to do the work for them. One night when dad was away and no one was home, I suddenly found myself face to face with him inside our house. He tried, he really tried. I fought and begged him to stop. I guess there’s still some good in him because he stopped. He then told me why he did it and told me to break up with you or the girls might do much worse than what he did.”

Youngbin closed his eyes when he heard about the assault. “Who is he? I want to know who he is.” He told her. 

“You don’t have to know. He stopped and that’s all that matters now.” She said. “So when dad told me that he’s assigned to the Philippines, I took it as a way to escape the situation. I just lied to you about Kyungsoo, hoping that you will just hate me and go on with your life. But I was wrong, I didn’t expect you to do what you did.”

Youngbin then looked at her remembering the pain he suffered that time. “Do you know why I did that?” Hyejeong shook her head.

“Coz I know that you were lying but I didn’t know why. I went to your house the very next day to ask you what was really happening but you were already gone. I looked for you everywhere. Everyone was hating you for breaking up with me but I told them not to hate you because I know that you were just lying. For the longest time I looked for you. I ignored my family and friends advices and hated them for telling me to stop looking for you. Then one day I saw Yuju crying in Chani’s room. She was so worried about me, coz I totally became a different person. I remember she told Chani, “I miss my sweet oppa. I want him back. Why is he like this? What happened to him?” 

“Chani as young as he is just hugged her and tried to comfort her. He said, “Noona, don’t worry, I’ll make him come back to his old self. Stop crying please.”After that he really went to my room and confronted me. He said, “Hyung! What is wrong with you? Why do you hate us now? What did we ever do to you to for you to treat us like this? Noona is crying, mom is crying too. You and dad fight all the time. You don’t even play with me now!” He then ran to me and began hitting me and I just let him. When he got tired and I’m all bruised up, he then hugged me and said, “Hyung, please come back to us. We miss you. I miss you.” And he began to cry. He cried while begging me to come back to them. It’s the first time I saw him cry like that. 

“I then realized how much I hurt that little boy. I saw how much he missed me. I hated myself for hurting them. Until now I still hate myself when I remember what I did to them. Maybe that’s the reason why I’m so protective of them now. 

“But as I hate myself, I began to hate you too. I blamed you for making me do those things to my family. I promised myself that I will never ever hurt my family because of you.”

He then looked at Hyejeong. “But you know what?” He continued, “I hated you more because you didn’t trust me.”

Hyejeong then held his hand. “I did. But I got scared. It was my first time being treated like that. I was used to being loved and adored by everyone but suddenly people began to hate me and hurt me. It was the first time I got scared for my life. I know it was wrong for me to lie to you but it was my stupid thinking that it was for your own good. I know that you will do something about it but I know that you will feel guilty about it too and blame yourself when it’s not even your fault.”

“But it was my fault that you got hurt then. It was my fault for not knowing what was happening to you. I was just so happy that finally I found the girl of my dreams that I ignored things that’s happening outside our little bubble.”

“You can’t know everything!” Hyejeong exclaimed. “Please, don’t blame yourself. I would rather you continue to hate me than blame yourself. You did no wrong. It was all me. I realized my mistake as soon as we landed in the Philippines. I should’ve just told you the truth and end things with you. But I was also scared that you might beg me stay because I can never say no to you.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me when you realized your mistake?” Youngbin asked.

“Because I didn’t think that you will look for me. I thought you believed my lie. I thought everything’s okay. I didn’t know the extent of the damage that I made. I thought that I will just let you hate me and that it will subside over the years and then I’ll come back to you and beg you for forgiveness and start all over again.” Hyejeong then smiled at Youngbin sadly.

“As soon as I’ve heard what happened to you when I came back, I knew I had no right to ask you for another chance. All my plans of making it up to you flew out of the window. But I’ve decided to still come clean to you and ask for your forgiveness. I shouldn’t have lied to you. You are right, I should’ve trusted you more.” Hyejeong then looked at Youngbin and it made him uneasy for some reason.

“Don’t worry, this is the last time that I’ll bother you. From now on, I will do my best to avoid you. I also plan to leave as soon as the school year ends. I will avoid you as much as I can now. I don’t want to cause you anymore uneasiness so don’t worry. I just had to come clean and ask for your forgiveness. And I am truly very sorry. I really hope that one day, you will be able to forgive me.”

Youngbin didn’t like what he heard. She’s leaving again? He then really looked at Hyejeong and her tear stained face. For the first time he realized that she too was in pain. He knew that she was really sorry for what she did. He knew that she was right, he would’ve blamed himself too if he had known about it. He’s still hurt because she didn’t trusted him but he also knew that at that time, they were both young and immature and if it had happened to him, he might’ve done the same thing.

He then felt peace. The grudge that he carried and nurtured for her was now almost gone. He then smiled at the realization that he’s been holding onto it because it gave him reason to not let her go. He then knew that she’s still the one for him. That what he really hated is not her or what she made him do to his family but her leaving him and keeping him in the dark. But now that he knows the truth and that her reason was valid at least for him, he knew he can’t let her go anymore. He then knew that the reason why he avoided to see her and talk to her because he is scared that he’d realize these things. 

He also knew that everything is different now. It’s been years since they were together, they’ve both matured and had definitely changed their personalities. But deep inside he also knew that she’s still the same girl that he fell in love with. He will give her the chance that she said she will not ask for. But at the same time, he knew that they need to start from scratch. He might sound stupid, but he knew that once he love someone, it will be for life. 

“Hyejeong-ah, are you still hiding something from me?” He asked and she shook her head but she noticed the change in his tone now but she dare not believe it.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you then.” He said.

“No! Please don’t say that. It wasn’t your fault. You can’t be with me 24/7 and you were away for a reason. I never blamed you for it. You did no wrong. Please don’t ever say that. I’m the one who wronged you so please don’t say that.” Hyejeong begged.

Youngbin knew she’d say that. He really wanted to hug her now but he tried his best to stop himself. “Do you want me to forgive you?” He asked and she sadly nodded at him. 

“What do you want me to do for you to forgive me?” She asked.

Youngbin for the first time that night smiled at her and said, “You’re now a professional dance teacher, help us win the contest and then I’ll forgive you.” He lied. He already forgave her. 

 

A/N: I know it’s all over the place. I know that it’s a bit shallow and stuff but I hope you like it…