Plan 1: Chani’s Acceptance to Youngbin’s Crew Part 1

Blood Ties

On the day that Yonghwa and Joohyun will be leaving their children, Chani secretly begged his mom to ask him just one question before leaving. She just had to make sure that Youngbin will hear it.

“Yuju, we are leaving!” Joohyun called out to her daughter. I’m coming mom!” Her daughter shouted from her room. “Chani, what are your plans for today?” She asked.

“I have a project to finish mom so I’ll be out of the house for the whole day.” Chani answered.

“You’re not going to your hyung’s crew audition?” Yonghwa asked.

“Hyung can I go?” Chani asked Youngbin instead.

“You said you have a project to do. Finish that then you can watch. But our audition was moved to 1 pm. Your class ends at 3 pm right?” Youngbin said. Chani knew that Youngbin moved up the audition time to make sure that he won’t be able to audition.

“I’ll just drop by if I can then. But you know hyung it will be too painful to see someone audition in your crew that is not as good as me. It’s your loss hyung. This is your last chance to accept my offer.”

Youngbin went to his brother and hugged him. “You are just too adorable baby brother. Don’t worry, I’ll teach him to be better than you.”

We will see hyung. We will see. I swear to you I will be the best. Chani thought to himself.

“Noona! We have to go! We will be late! Taeyang hyung and Hwiyoung are waiting for us outside!” Chani called out to his noona.

“I’m coming!” Yuju then came out of her room and hurriedly hugged her parents who were waiting for her. “I’ll miss you guys! I promise I’ll take care of your sons. You don’t have to worry. Just enjoy your vacation okay?” She told her parents

“Yah! I’ll take care of you guys! I’m the first born child.” Youngbin told his sister.

Yuju hugged her oppa. “Oppa, it’s too early to say such things. We will see tonight who will keep the peace in this house.” Yuju then flashed her killer smile to her brother. Chani then pulled her out of the house. “Have fun! Oppa, take care of mom and dad! Don’t drive too fast! There’s still a lot of time before their flight!”

 

At Taeyang’s car, Chani immediately called Dawon.

“Hyung! Is everything ready?” He asked Dawon.

“Everything’s ready. All you have to do now is show up, impress us especially your hyung and that’s it. I really want you in our crew.”

Chani sighed as he ended the call.

“Chani, you have a problem, the audition was moved to 1 pm. What will you do with your class? If you cut class and hyung knew about it, you’re doomed. He will have a reason for you not to be accepted.” Taeyang said knowing Youngbin fully well.

“I know. He told me earlier. I think he knew that I’m about to do something so he is making sure that I will have no way of auditioning. But no worries hyung. I’ve anticipated this. I will be there at the audition.” Chani assured Taeyang.

“By the way noona, how are you gonna help Chani in this plan?” Hwiyoung asked Yuju.

Yuju looked at her brother and the siblings smiled at each other. It gave Hwiyoung goosebumps. It’s the smile that says, “Youngbin’s doomed.”

“Oh my. I think I know what Yuju’s part in this plan is.” Taeyang then looked at girl beside him and she immediately gave him the smile that he loves so much.

 

At 1 pm at YooJoo Studios, Youngbin’s group gathered around for the last reminders of the auditions.

“Where’s Taeyang?” Youngbin asked Jaeyoon.

“He said he will be late. Something came up in school and he can’t come on time. He said he’d be 30 minutes late hyung.” Youngbin nodded and began with the instructions.

“So in order to keep us from having bias decisions, we’ve decided that all contestants will be wearing the same clothes and a mask to conceal their identity. The only identification that they will given are the numbers that they will be wearing. Your papers have their numbers and the criteria. Just grade them accordingly and the person with the highest score will be chosen.”

“And to avoid regretting our decision we will have our winner sign the contract with his mask still on.” Dawon added.

“We are?” Youngbin asked.

“Yes we are hyung. Because we can’t seem to agree on who will be added in our crew. Juho has his friends, I have my own bet and so do you.” Dawon answered.

Suddenly the door of their studios opened and Yuju came inside with her friends from school.

“What is happening here? Why are you here? Don’t you have class?” Youngbin asked his sister.

“We were excused by our teachers. Someone told them that your group will hold the audition today and they told us in dance class to attend to learn something today here. Since your group is the pride of our school, they made us come here and watch.”

Youngbin suddenly got nervous. He looked around and searched for a boy who looks just like him. “What grade is here?” Youngbin asked.

“Only those in special class. That’s why Taeyang is late. He had to wait for us. But he’s here now so you don’t have to worry.” Yuju told her brother. “Do you need me to help you with something?” She asked.

“Oh right. Can you take care of the contestants? Rowoon is in-charged but I want him to grade the contestants too.” Yuju nodded and Youngbin thanked her for helping.

Soon enough Dawon went to the center stage and began with his introduction.

“Welcome everyone to the audition for the 9th member of our crew. It’s been our group’s honor to represent our school for the past 6 years. Some of us have graduated and some are still studying here. We weren’t expecting a crowd but still thank you for coming and we hope that you will enjoy the stages prepared for us today.

In order for us to judge the contestants fairly and without bias, we have decided that all contestants will be wearing the same clothes and a mask to conceal their identity. Only the number in their clothes will be our basis for their identity. So you know that everything will be based with skills and skills alone.

There will be three parts for this audition. In the first part, we will have Taeyang and Juho teach the contestants a snipet of our latest choreo. It’s the latest coz Taeyang and Youngbin made this choreo just last night. The contestants will be given 10 minutes to learn this choreo. 9 out of the 20 contestants will be picked.

On the second part, the 9 contestants will pick a genre and will have to dance to the given song for that genre.

2 contestants will be chosen for the third and final round.

For the final round, the two contestants will randomly pick a group. Group A and Group B. Group A will be Juho and Rowoon and Group B will be Jaeyoon and Taeyang. The contestants will have to learn the dance and blocking for a total of 30 minutes then perform the dance with their respective groups.

So, are you all ready?” Dawon shouted and everyone cheered.

“So let the game begin!”

 

Yuju came to her younger brother. “Are you nervous?” She asked and he nodded. “Oppa and his group really prepared well for this audition. Who would’ve known that your idea will be accepted by Inseong oppa and Dawon oppa? But it’s a good plan. At least everything will be fair and Youngbin oppa will really accept you if you win.”

Chani was really nervous and hugged his noona. “Noona, the other contestants are all members of the special dance class. I’ve seen them dance. They’re all good!”

Yuju made Chani sit down. “You’re also part of the special class. You’re even the youngest in the class. It’s a good thing that Youngbin oppa doesn’t know this tho. You are one scary guy when your mind works.” Chani smiled at that.

“But Chani keep in mind that you’re good. You are now one of the best dancers in school. I know you will do good. I trust your skills. You are Youngbin oppa’s and my brother. You are our mom’s son. I know you will do well.” Yuju assured her brother.

“Now let me stick this number while you wear your mask.”

 

A/N: Please pardon my lack of knowledge with dancing. I really don't dance. This is just fiction okay? Hehehehehe... I hope you will like this chapter.