Youngbin's Heart

Blood Ties

Youngbin can’t seem to concentrate since Yuju and Taeyang dated. He’s been in a daze most of the time. s are getting worried because the contest is near and they can’t seem to finish anything in their practice. He keeps on changing his mind. Inseong asked him what’s bothering him and he would always say that he is fine. But he is not fine so one day, Inseong called everyone except for his friend.

“Is your hyung okay at home?” He asked Chani.

“No. He’s always staring into space.” Chani answered. Inseong then turned to Taeyang.

“Did you in any way broke any of Youngbin’s rules?” He confronted Taeyang.

“I don’t think so. I’m even confused myself. I was expecting him to be more strict but he doesn’t show any concern about me and Yuju.” Taeyang explained.

“Well something happened on the day Taeyang and Yuju dated. We have to know what happened. Did you guys in any way told him anything special that day?”

Everyone thought hard.

Dawon said, “I just told him that the costumes are ready.”

“I told hyung that I’ve finalized the song that we will use for the contest.” Juho told everyone.

“I wasn’t able to practice that day. I had a photoshoot.” Model Rowoon said.

“I asked hyung if I can be excused earlier than usual coz I had to fetch my cousin from the airport.” Jaeyoon said.

“I told hyung that our teacher Shin Hyejeong was asking about him.” Hwiyoung said.

Inseong immediately looked at Hwiyoung. “Who was asking about him?”

“Ms Shin. Our dance teacher. She asked me about hyung too.” Chani informed Inseong.

Inseong then looked at Jaeyoon and Dawon. “She’s back?” Dawon asked.

“Oh my goodness. Now we know why he’s being like this.” Inseong then fell on a chair.

Chani got worried. He remembered that Inseong told him before that Hyejeong is his hyung biggest crush in college. He looked at the hyungs and saw that they were all alarmed. Something is not right.

“Who is she really hyung?” Chani asked Inseong.

“Shin Hyejeong, is the most beautiful girl in their batch. She was very talented. She can sing, dance, and act. She’s also the head cheerleader in school. She’s the most famous girl in college. Back in the day, Youngbin hyung was also one of the most sought after boys in school. He had a lot of fangirls.” Dawon said.

“Youngbin hyung fell in love with her. He did everything for her. He cooks her food, he buys her stuff, he gave everything that she wanted. He gave her his whole heart. We really thought that things are going well for them. They were always together. They were very sweet with each other. They were like a real couple. They were the perfect couple.” Jaeyoon recalled.

“But she broke your hyung’s heart. One day she told him that she can just see him as a friend. She told him that she’s in love with Kyungsoo, his rival in school. Then after telling him that, she left school and vanished.” Sadness were seen in Inseong’s eyes.

“So what happened to Youngbin hyung?” Rowoon asked.

“His heart was obviously broken. He was devastated. He went after her to confront her but she was gone. Chani do you remember the time when your parents were so worried about your hyung because it was as if he was mad with the world?” Inseong asked Chani.

“Of course. He suddenly became depressed and noona and I can’t seem to talk to him. Mom and dad were so worried that they even considered bringing him to a Psychiatrist. Is that the reason why he was like that?” Chani asked Inseong. Inseong, Dawon and Jaeyoon all nodded.

“So she’s a bad woman.” Hwiyoung declared.

“No. She’s the kindest girl in school. She’s just like Yuju now.” Jaeyoon said as if he was defending Hyejeong.

“If she’s kind then why did she made hyung believe that she likes him back? Did she just used him to get what she wants?” Juho asked.

“That’s the thing we don’t understand. They were so close, like really close. Youngbin was at his happiest moment. Hyejeong’s actions showed that she likes him back. Hyejeong doesn’t even talk to Kyungsoo. She also gives things and affection to Youngbin. But she suddenly changed and broke his heart. Then she vanished without saying goodbye.”

Inseong recalled those days like it was just yesterday. He recalled it clearly because it was one of the most significant events in Youngbin’s life. After Hyejeong, Youngbin never had any relationship with girls. That incident made him not trust girls except for his own sister.

“Your hyung and I need to talk.” Inseong the left everyone and called his best friend.

 

Inseong and Youngbin met at a café. Inseong saw that Youngbin’s been lacking sleep at night too. He’s worried that his friend might go back to his dark days.

“Why did you call me? We can just talk after practice.” Youngbin asked as soon as he sat down across Inseong.

“She still has an effect on you. After all these years, Shin Hyejeong still has an effect on you.”

Youngbin smiled at his best friend. He knows that he can’t hide anything from him.

“I thought I was over it. But I guess I’m not. I want to confront her why she did that to me but I don’t want to look like a pathetic guy to her. I want to show her that I’m fine now coz I really thought that I was but I realized that I’m not. I want to see her but I don’t want to see her. I want to see if she’s fine. I want to see if she’s happy. She has to be happy. At least one of us should have been happy.”

Inseong saw that there were tears in Youngbin’s eyes.

“But you are happy now my friend. Because of her you created our crew. You’ve made our school famous. You are now one of the most sought after dance instructors in our city. That incident made you who you are today. You are now stronger and surrounded with people who really cares for you. Get over her.”

Youngbin smiled at his friend. But Inseong saw that his smile didn’t even reached his eyes.

“But if I were you, I will make a clear closure of what had happened before. Talk to her. Show her the Youngbin that she rejected.”

 

That night Youngbin asked Chani if he has Hyejeong’s number.

“Why do you want to talk to her hyung? You might just hurt yourself again by doing that.” Chani told his brother.

“We’re old friends and she just came back to the city. I don’t think it’s wrong to meet old friends.” Chani just shook his head. He took his phone and searched for his teacher’s number.

“Here you go hyung.”

 

“Hyejeong? Is this Shin Hyejeong?” Youngbin asked as soon as his call was answered.

“Yes this is she. May I know who’s on the line”

“Hi! It’s me Youngbin. Hwiyoung and Chani told me that you were asking about me. How are you?”

“Youngbin? Jung Youngbin? Is this really you?”

“Yup it’s me.”

“I’m okay. It’s nice to hear your voice again. I’ve heard so many good things about you in school. Your brother even told me that your dance crew is joining a contest. You’re one of the best dancers I’ve known so I know that you will just do a good job.”

Youngbin smiled while she was talking. Maybe everything is okay now. Maybe everything will be fine now.

“So when did you come back? You suddenly left the city and I’ve never heard anything from you since then.”

Hyejeong then became silent. “Hello? Are you still there?” Youngbin asked.

“Yeah I’m still here. I just came back last month. I was meaning to call you but I didn’t know if you would still want to talk to me after everything I’ve done.”

“What do you mean?” He asked nervously.

“Can we meet?”

“I don't think we should.”

"Please?"

"Why?"

“Because, I want to come clean and because I miss you.”

Or maybe not.

 

A/N: When someone loves with his/her whole heart, the effects of it when it gets broken can be very damaging. But if that person was able to overcome it, for sure that person will become stronger and better. Hope you like this first part. I miss writing about my HyeBin ship... huhuhuhuhuh...