Plan 1: Chani’s Acceptance to Youngbin’s Crew Part 2

Blood Ties

As expected of Youngbin and Taeyang the choreo that they made is not an easy task to do. It’s full of complicated footwork, spins and a flip. To think that the contestants only have 10 minutes to know it and perform it. Good thing Chani had some ballet lessons with his mom and acrobatics knowledge from school.

When it was his turn, he suddenly froze. His mind went blank as soon as the song started to play. He then raised his hand and asked for the song to be played again. He bowed as a sign of apology. Then again, the song played. He concentrated on the song and began to feel the beat. He racked his brain out to remember the choreo. Then slowly but surely, he began to get the hang of it and soon naturally danced to the song. And then it was done. It was now time for his evaluation.

Inseong started his evaluation.

“You’re nervous?” Inseong asked the masked Chani and Chani nodded.

“I can sense that you had some difficulty at the start of the song. You even changed a little bit of the choreo at the beginning, but it was really good. You were very smooth and you’re a natural dancer. You actually remind me of Youngbin but more graceful.” He then looked at his friend and said, “I’m sorry friend. But you have more swag!” Youngbin laughed at that. Inseong then looked at Chani again. “I just hope that I can dance as well as you. I hope to see you in the next round.”

Chani bowed to the judges. Peeked at his noona who was clapping naturally but her smile was really beaming.

Soon all the contestants were called on the stage. Chani was really nervous. More than half of the contestants did so well. He prayed so hard for his number to be called. Then suddenly he heard it. “1005” was called. He thinks it’s his number. He then checked his number and it was really “1005” he tried so hard to contain himself so that he won’t reveal his identity to his hyung. He then bowed to the judges and to the crowd who was cheering for him.

 

For the 2nd part, Chani went up stage. Hwiyoung came up to him with a box and had him pick a genre inside the box. Chani slowly put his hand inside the box and chose a paper. He slowly opened the paper and had Hwiyoung read his choice.

“Slow Rock.” Hwiyoung read.

Chani began to panic. Slow rock is not easy to dance to. He had to show grace and feeling thru his moves. It’s a disadvantage that he can’t show the emotions of his face for it’s covered. It was extra hard coz he really had to show his feeling through his moves. He then wondered what the song was. He hopes that it’s something that he knows.

“Are you ready?” Jaeyoon asked him and he nodded.

Silence… then suddenly he heard the piano began to play. He then smiled. He knows the song. It’s “Wind” of his father’s band. He then looked at Youngbin who was looking at him intently. He saw the anticipation in his hyungs face. Chani knew that Youngbin is the one who included this song for it’s his favorite. Chani smiled. At least he knows the song. He knows the lyrics by heart and just let his body and mind dance to the music.

Youngbin was impressed the with masked dancer on stage. It’s not easy to dance to slow rock especially if you’re not a fan of the genre. He then realized that the dancer knows the song for the spontaneity of his moves matches the song. The dancer was really graceful, and he was mesmerized with the performance. He even gave the dancer a standing ovation after the dance. He was that impressed.

“I guess Youngbin hyung was really impressed with your performance. You really did a good job. It was a beautiful dance to watch.” Juho commented.

Chani just bowed and left the stage.

 

When the contestants were called to the stage, Chani can’t help but play with his hands. He was so nervous. But the image of Youngbin standing up and clapping for him gave him hope. The first number was called. It’s not his number but as soon as the second number was called, Chani smiled and bowed to the judges and to the crowd.

 

Chani was surprised to see his noona coming towards him. He immediately looked around and pulled his sister to one of the smaller studios.

Yuju then hugged her brother. “You were so good! I’m so proud of you! I really loved it. You made me cry.” Chani then looked at his noona and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Was I really good?” He asked, and she nodded. Chani’s knees began to give in and he fell on the floor.

“I was so nervous. I was soooo scared that I’d ruin everything. But then I saw hyung stood up at the end of the performance. That’s when I knew that I did well.”

Yuju then sat in front of him and hugged him. “I told you that you will do well. Trust me more. Okay?”

Chani smiled. “Noona I’m almost there.”

 

Soon he was called up to the stage again. Hwiyoung had him and other contestant pick one of the two papers that Hwiyoung was holding. His opponent chose Group A which only means that he’s grouped with Taeyang and Jaeyoon.

 

As soon as they started practicing, Taeyang suddenly said, “I think I know you.”

It’s a good thing the mask hid his smile.

“Who is he?” Jaeyoon asked.

“A very talented dancer.” Taeyang said and Jaeyoon smacked his head. “Of course, he’s a talented dancer. Do you think he’d be able to become a finalist if he’s not?”

“Do you really have to hit me hyung?”

“I’m sorry. But stop with your nonsense talk. Let’s start practicing.” Jaeyoon then turned to Chani. “Let’s see if you have a good sense of team work.

Much to Jaeyoon’s delight, the contestant was really extraordinary. Aside from his dancing skills, he’s also a very fast learner. He easily learned the blockings, dance steps and even added some adlibs. Jaeyoon gave the contestant a thumbs up after they’re done practicing.

 

Finally, the final round is about to start. Chani was nervous then suddenly a hand tapped his shoulder. He looked around and almost gasped when he saw that it was Youngbin. Did Youngbin finally realized that it was him? Will his hyung take this opportunity to away from him?

“You are doing well. I really like the way you perform. I can see the emotions through your dance. Don’t be too nervous and just enjoy the stage. Dance your heart out okay?”

Chani was so relieved and just bowed to Youngbin a lot of times.

“You seem so familiar to me. You remind me of someone dear to me. It’s a good thing he’s not here or else he would be heartbroken to see you perform.” Chani smiled. Good thing the mask hid it and he just bowed to Youngbin who was now on his way to the other contestant.

“I think I know you.” Chani turned to the direction of the voice. He bowed to Taeyang, still not talking.

“Do your best okay? I really want you to join our team. But be warned that I’m not going easy on you. I will judge you fair and square.” Chani just nod and Taeyang pat his shoulder.

“Guys let’s go. Our turn will start in five minutes.” Jaeyoon called out.

 

 Yuju was very nervous when she saw Youngbin talk to Chani. She then realized that her brother is as dense as ever. He didn’t recognize Chani. Then she saw Taeyang talk to Chani. She knows that Taeyang recognized her brother. Taeyang knows Chani’s dancing style since Chani is in his special class. The two of them have collaborated a lot of times in school too so it’s natural that Taeyang will know Chani.

Then suddenly everything went black. A spotlight on Taeyang, then on Jaeyoon and lastly on Chani. Everyone went wild. Taeyang and Jaeyoon are two of the best dancers in Youngbin’s crew. Yuju then realized that Chani’s stage won’t be an easy one. But to her delight, Chani seemed at ease with the two dancers. It’s like they’ve been dancing together for years. The performance was engaging and at the same time mesmerizing. She can hear people around her saying, “Wow”, “I love this stage”, and “The best performance for the night.”

She was so proud of her brother’s accomplishment. She then looked at Youngbin and he was smiling! He likes the performance! Chani is doing well! She then folded her hands and prayed hard that Chani will win the contest.

 

The moment of truth finally arrived. Chani and the other contestant both stood on stage. People began to cheer. He heard some people cheering for him. But he can’t enjoy the moment. It was very nerve-wracking.

“Contestant 1015.” Rowoon called out. “You are a very good dancer. I like how you dance very meticulously. You’re a perfectionist. You’re so detailed in your moves. It was a blast teaching you the last stage. I’m proud that I danced with you. Good job.”

Everyone then cheered. Chani was very nervous. The other contestant is one of the best dancers in school. He is very popular, and everyone knows his name. Chani was honored to share the same stage with him.

“Contestant 1005.” Inseong called out. You’re like water when you dance. You’re very graceful and very smooth. I love how you danced to “Wind” on the 2nd round. It was so beautiful that a tear fell from my eyes and I don’t cry easily. Everyone can attest to that. Even Youngbin gave you a standing ovation. Great job.” Inseong then gave him a thumbs up.

Dawon then went to the stage. “Everyone let’s give all our contestants a big round of applause!” Everyone in the room clapped and cheered.

“Now it’s time to announce the 9th member of our team. Let me just remind everyone. All eight of us have no idea who these two contestants are. We have some hunches but we’re not 100% sure who they really are. So, let me call on our leader to announce the 9th member of our team.”

Youngbin then went up and took the mic.

“It was a very tough decision. But you can see in the screen that the score was just added based on the given grades of the eight of us. And so, the winner is… NUMBER 1005!”

Chani can’t believe his ears. He then looked at the screen to check the scores and he barely won the contest by 5 points. He looked around and saw his noona giving him a thumbs up and assured him that everything is real. He looked at his Taeyang hyung who was beaming.

Juho then came up to the stage and took the mic. “Contestant 1005, can you please come here for a second.” Chani immediately ran to Juho.

“This is the contract that states that you are now the 9th member of our team. Congratulations!” Juho then offered his hand and Chani immediately shook it. “Please sign here your name.”

Chani then took off his gloves to take the ballpen. He then heard Youngbin gasped. Chani hurriedly signed his name before Youngbin was able to say the words, “NO!”

 

A/N: This is the 2nd to the last part of this arc. I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter.