Intentions

Roommates

Mina wasn’t the type to wait for so long on a weekend on top of that she’s in a crowded place but since she’s hanging out with her new found friends all thanks to Dahyun for introducing her friends to them, She received a text from Nayeon saying she’s looking for a spot to park her car, assuming she’s with Jihyo who also wanted to tag along to buy a costume for their Halloween party.

 

“Mina!” Nayeon yelled her name across the street waving her hand then ran towards the sophisticated young woman.

 

“Hey” Jihyo said smiling brightly as they walk towards her

 

“Where’s Momo?” The oldest asked

 

“She bought something to eat, she’s always hungry” she said giggling a bit

 

“So where should we go first?” Jihyo asked looking around, there were couple of clothing shops near them decorated with Halloween ornaments and posters  with a written words “creepy costumes & props” some even have discount sale plastered on their glass windows

 

“I think we should go to that store first” Momo sipping her slushie walking towards the other girls nudging her shoulder to Nayeon that earned her a giggle

 

“Flirt” mina said in her head witnessing her best friend’s actions towards the older girl

 

Jihyo took her by surprise by hooking her arms to Mina’s lose arm, the timid girl smiled at her friend.

 

“Minari, Sana  called she’s asking if we could drive her to the airport later?” Momo said fiddling with her phone probably texting Sana.

 

“Sure” she said as they walk inside the store.

 

 

 

Meanwhile..

 

 

 

 

“Dahyun-ah” Sana whines while reaching out for dahyun whose busy preparing a sandwich for Sana so she wouldn’t buy anything at the airport as she knew that the older girl is on a tight budget, a lie.

 

“I’m going to miss you a lot!” She whines, hugging the smaller girl by the waist

 

“Me too” Dahyun said with a hint of sadness

 

“Really? should I just cancel my flight and stay with you for the day?” her actions depicted like a cheerful cat with her perked ears

 

“Don’t! I mean yeah really.. I’m going to miss you too unnie but you should go. it will be just for a few days?” looking at Sana whose grip at the younger’s never let loose—smiling before turning her attention to the sandwich that she’s making putting it in a ziplock bag.

 

“Okay, call me when you’re not busy?” resting her chin on Dahyun’s shoulder, slouching a bit since she’s taller than the younger girl.

 

“Unnie you’ll hurt your back” the younger chuckling before holding Sana’s both hands to loosen the hug.. pulling the older girl in the couch.

 

“Have you packed everything you needed?” looking at the older’s luggage placed neatly outside her room.

 

“Not really, i forgot to pack something”

 

“Then go get it” still holding each other’s hands

 

“Wait, where are we going?” Dahyun asked as Sana guided her

 

“I forgot to include you in my luggage” she said with her puppy eyes, dahyun blushed letting go of Sana’s hand—whining as Dahyun walked back to the couch plopping herself, chuckling at how ridiculous her roommate is.

 

“Will you be okay while I’m not around?” the older girl said walking back to where the pale girl is.. sitting on the younger’s lap.

 

Oh —her mind went haywire as she realized their position. Her fair white cheeks is tainted with a hint of pink

 

Sana leaned a bit on the armchair on her left side steadying herself in Dahyun’s lap, snaking her right arm to the younger’s neck while her left hand caressed the latter’s face.

 

“I really wanted to kiss you right now” Sana said fluttering her eyes

 

The younger’s eyes went wide in shock of how bold her roommate is. She fully knew how flirty they could get and how she let Sana do whatever she wants with her but not at that point of having too much skinship like what they’re doing right now. Looking at ther older’s eyes down to her slightly agape mouth she could feel ran dry she instinctively her lips.. eyes wandered to the other girl’s dilated eyes..

 

“Unnie—“ she stopped mid sentence

 

“Yes?” Sana moved dangerously close brushing their noses together she could feel the warm minty breath of the younger’s in her lips, her lips instinctively—anticipating..

 

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

 

A phone call..

 

Both of them snapped their eyes open but nonetheless moving away. Sana answered the call.. it’s Momo. she rolled her eyes before answering. Pulling away but not too much, her hands went to cup the other girl’s cheek caressing it gently—her eyes softening. Clearing , she spoke..

 

 

If you don’t make this quick, I’ll freaking end you” she said in her native tongue

 

“Yow chill, we’ll be there in a bit.. maybe 20 minutes?” Momo answered 

 

“Fine. Don’t drive too fast, just take your time” she said before ending the call

 

Dahyun’s eyes were fixated on Sana’s brown orbs as if she has been hypnotized then realizing what is she even doing??? her senses went back..

 

“So where were we?” Sana asked moving her hands to Dahyun’s nape gently pulling her closer, brushing her nose a little against Dahyun’s.. flustering the poor girl.

 

“I—I don’t know”all she could answer, cursing herself for allowing Sana do invade her personal space?

 

 

“Can I kiss you?” Sana asked her eyes fixated to Dahyun’s slightly open mouth

 

Before she could answer she felt soft lips captured hers.. it was a brief but soft kiss—a peck. her body tensed but relaxed once she felt the warm hug the Japanese girl gave her, snuggling in her neck.

 

“Sorry” Sana said, scared to see Dahyun’s reaction

 

Sana felt warm hands rubbing small circles against her back—it was comforting. She snuggled more, inhaling the Korean’s scent. I should make my intentions clear once i get back she thought to herself.

 

Few more minutes they’ve heard frantic knocking on their door, Sana hurriedly opened the door to see her friends waiting for her, sending her off to the airport. Dahyun checked her roommates stuff one last time just to distract herself from the thought of the kiss.

 

The ride going to the airport was a bit silent except for Mina and Momo’s who was quietly talking in japanese. She doesn’t really mind the two in the front, she’s more aware of her roommate’s unusual silence. Their hands were intertwined but their eyes were both looking the other way, avoiding eye contact but the younger felt the constant rubbing of the older’s thumb against her hand in a comforting manner although she could tell that Sana was too shy to look at her.

 

Maybe, Jeongyeon was right.. her roommate has a crush on her she doesn’t want to admit that to herself because she doesn’t like assuming things like that, but that’s not what she thinks right now.. it totally changed. She was distracted by the continuous beeping of her own phone. Fishing her phone out of her pocket—it was her Instagram. it was weird to get a lot of notifications since she doesn’t have a lot of mutuals in there.

 

She haven’t notice the subtle peeking of the latter, her eyes widened looking at the younger’s phone. Little did Dahyun knew three pairs of eyes was on her those three were also exchanging looks.

 

“Dahyun-chan, how about we get something to eat after we send off my hamster friend?hmm?” Momo spoke, distracting her from looking at her phone—which the girl succeeded.. she put her phone on do not disturb so she wouldn’t have to hear the constant beeping of her phone, putting her phone back to her pocket slightly nodding at the japanese girl who was waiting patiently for the younger girl’s answer.

 

“That’s not fair! I want to eat something too!” Sana whined but her hands slightly squeezing Dahyun’s, making sure to let the girl know that she’s annoyed and being possessive again.

 

“You can order something on your flight, duh” Momo rolled her eyes looking away & plopping herself in her seat.

 

Mina chuckled a bit, she was driving since Momo forgot that she brought her car when they went shopping with the other girls, mentally reminding herself that she should call Momo’s chauffeur to fetch older girl’s car.

 

“Please send my regards to aunty tell her I couldn’t attend this year” Mina chimed looking at the rear view mirror for a bit to give Sana an apologetic look.

 

“Oh yeah, me too! Tell her I miss her cookies” Momo peaked on her seat bringing both of her hands to her face realizing that she couldn’t attend with her best friend, she knows how Sana despised being the center of attraction on soirées.

 

“Sure, If only i could cancel this flight, I’d definitely do it” giving Dahyun a light squeeze.

 

“You guys are closer than I thought” Dahyun smiled looking at Sana then to Momo & Mina in the front.

 

Once they parked Mina’s car she stepped out of the car to get her roommates luggage in the trunk leaving the three talking inside the car.

 

“You should call your IT guy, Sana” Mina said while unbuckling her seat belt before turning to look at her friends

 

“I know, this is crazy. Dahyun would definitely hate me for lying once she finds out” she said massaging her temples

 

“You shouldn’t have posted anything about her in the first place” Momo said fixing her lipstick 

 

“Momoring” Mina warned, she caught up to Momo’s words

 

“What? I’m telling the truth? She should’ve stayed private, you’re making the same mistake you did with—“

 

“I know! And I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make things worst and you don’t have to remind me about the past, know your limits” she said stomping her way out of the car greeting Dahyun with a smile that didn’t reached her eyes

 

“What’s wrong?” Dahyun asked

 

“Nothing, i just miss you already” she said side hugging the smaller girl

 

“Let’s get you inside” Momo said before forcefully putting a cap on her best friend’s head, walking in first. They may have arguments but she loves her friend more than anything.

 

Sana blew air out in annoyance, she took off the cap and wore a mask before putting it back on—gently. Holding Mina’s hand and Dahyun’s on the other while the younger pull the luggage with them.

 

“Hurry up” the older Japanese yelled from the other side before entering the airport

 

Sana rolled her eyes for the nth time that day.

 

“Check everything before getting off the plane okay?” Dahyun reminded fixing Sana’s plaids—or her plaids.. the older took it from her before Dahyun could wear it over her shirt that morning, so she wore a hoodie instead.

 

“She’s not a kid, dahyun-chan” Momo said chuckling how the younger treats someone’s who’s older than her.

 

“I know—but—I-you know” she said shying away.. pulling her hands to herself

 

“We know, she’s clumsy” Mina answered, laughing gracefully

 

“Hey!” Sana glared at them

 

“Okay okay, go now, you’ll be late” Momo pushed her gently to the escalator

 

“Wait!” She turned to the side to ran back in Dahyun’s arms, giving her a warm hug and a lingering kiss on the side of her lips, the latter was caught off guard—eyes wide in shock.

 

“You too!” Pulling Mina for a hug before whispering something in japanese making the other girl smile and nodding as a response

 

“And me???” Momo pointing at herself pouting

 

“No hugs for you!” sticking her tongue out before hugging the younger japanese again, teasing their other friend.

 

“I don’t take no for an answer!” She pulled Sana by the hand squashing the poor girl in a hug.

 

“I’m choking!” Sana joked but hugs her bestfriend otherwise because struggling and pulling away won’t work with Momo’s strength.

 

“You take care, call me if you need anything okay?” Momo whispered getting a bit worried for her dear friend

 

“I will” Sana smiled burying her face in the latter’s hug.

 

“Okay, go now!” Momo pulled away first, forcefully turning her friend to walk back to the escalator.

 

“I love you three!” Sana shouted waving her hand while the other hand is holding her luggage firmly before making a heart to her friends

 

“We love you too” Momo waved back making a heart over her head  & the other two waving at Sana.

 

“At last the big baby is one her way home, let’s get something to eat?” Momo looked back at the two wiggling her brows

 

They decide to go to the café where the Korean works at just because they grew fond of the coffee and delicious breads that they serve there. Entering the familiar place inhaling the aromatic scent of the coffee that greeted them, smiling widely to her two best friends who are working as baristas.

 

“Tzu-tzu! Chaeng!” She shot finger hearts to both girls sending them to fits of laughter

 

“Yow dubs!” First bumping the older Korean

 

“Hi, unnie! I’ll take your orders! Make sure to give us tips!” Tzuyu jokingly said

 

“Sure, here’s my card” Mina slid her black card on the marbled counter. A bit startled because they haven’t noticed the two Japanese walking behind Dahyun. Taking the card, her eyes went wide—a black card..

 

“Hi Mina-unnie” she said smiling

 

“Hi love” The smaller barista chimed in getting both of Tzuyu & Mina’s attention..

 

“Hey, chaeng” she shyly smiled

 

“I’m here too you know” Momo appeared

 

“Hello, Mo-unnie” chaeng gave her a toothy smile showing her dimple

 

“Kawaiiii! Come here and let me squish that cheeks of yours!” The older girl tried to reach for chaeng’s cheeks but to no avail the latter took two step away giggling

 

“Momoring your manners, we’re in public” Mina gently said swatting the older girl’s hands away from her lover.

 

“You’re jus jealous!” The older Japanese rolled her eyes.

 

“Okaaay! What can I get you for today!” Tzuyu clapped gently waiting for her friends’ orders

 

 

“We’ll get the usual” Mina said tilting her body a little bit to the side to face Dahyun—a sign for her to order too.

 

“Oh-I’ll have hot chocolate—“ 

 

“—with Marshmallows on top with extra dark chocolate shavings, as always huh?” Yuri cut her off with a smile, arranging coffee cups on the other side of the bar

 

“Unnie” Dahyun was in shock more of—amused that her Manager knew her favorite drink

 

“Hey kid” she greeted

 

Wow She’s so pretty, Mitang!” Momo said in daze by the older girl’s smile

 

“You’re drooling” Mina said and instinctively Momo wiped , just in case.

 

“Hi, I see you often here but I never got your names?” Yuri said looking apologetically on both Mina and Momo

 

“Oh—it’s Momo! Hirai Momo, this is Mina, Myoui Mina” just like a hyperactive child she answered brightly

 

“Wow unique names.. I’ll definitely remember your names, especially both of you are pretty.. anyway I couldn’t stay long to chat I need to run some errands” she smiled— making the duo blush from the sudden compliment.

 

“I’m sure these girls will take a good care of you” tapping both of Tzuyu & Chaeyoung’s shoulders.

 

“Including me?” Dahyun pointed at herself

 

“Yes, including you” her eye smile is captivating, making all the girls smile in awe.

 

“Gotta run now, ciao” she said walking through the door waving at the younger ones

 

“I’d definitely date her” Momo said still in daze

 

“Get a grip, unnie” Tzuyu cut her off making the other girls giggling

 

“Chou Tzu” the older girl pouted

 

“She’s taken guys & she’s straight” Dahyun said

 

“Here are your orders” Chaeng slid the rectangular tray onto the marbled counter

 

“Thanks” Mina said slightly touching the younger’s hand making both of them blush

 

 

“How did you know she’s straight? She exudes so much charisma not to mention a lot of women come by in this café, if not for you guys maybe—because of her” Momo shrugs

 

“Well she said she’s taken? but she never mentioned her partners gender nor have I ever seen her with someone else?” She answered

 

“We can only assume but we can never confirm anything” Tzuyu said while tapping something in the Cash register, swiping the black card before handing it back to Mina discreetly

 

Momoring kindly put something in their tip jar please” she whispered in Japanese

 

The Japanese took hundred bills out of her purse but she never counted it to put inside the jar.

 

“Wait—that’s more than the price of our drink” dahyun stopped her

 

“It’s fine, Hyunnie-chan” momo smiled sliding the money back to the jar

 

“Thank you” Tzuyu said cheerfully

 

They proceeded to the booth near the entrance and glass window to get a better view of the park outside the café, their usual seat. They stayed for an hour chatting before they dropped off Dahyun in her apartment.

 

“Thank you for today unnies!” She said waving at them before entering the complex

 

She took the stairs going up to the fifth floor—killing the time because coming home to an empty apartment feels weird now No Sana she whispered. The flashback of Sana’s lips invaded her mind and instinctively touching her lips too, she could feel her heart beating fast. 

 

 

What the hell am I doing? She mentally scolded herself retracting her hand from her lips the next thing she knew she’s standing outside her apartment. She went inside Sana’s room talking a look of her roommate’s space. She misses her. She sat on the older’s bed but the next thing she knew she fell asleep hugging one of Sana’s pillow. Smells like flowers & strawberries

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Idk if this is a good update tho? I'm kind of losing my creative side hehe but I've decided to make this story a bit longer. What are your thoughts about the update? 
 

 

-N