Momo and Sana

Roommates

Dahyun went home exhausted, dragging her feet to the bathroom door to do her night routine. The apartment was dark since it’s almost 1 am in the morning, maybe Sana’s sleeping.

 

Removing her contacts and washing her face, she heard rustling outside. Maybe, Sana wasn’t asleep yet. Her tired eyes were teary while brushing her teeth. 

 

“Kim Dahyun, you really look like a spoiled tofu” she grunted to herself, Thinking that her appearance is horrible.

 

“Dahyunnie?” Sana whispers, knocking on Dahyun’s door.

 

Dahyun went to open the door once she finished rinsing her face. She was wearing a tank top and a boxer shorts, revealing her long legs. Hugging a large pillow. She look so cute Dahyun thought.

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong?”

 

“I-I can’t sleep” she said sobbing

 

Dahyun took a step closer, close enough to hug her. She wiped the tears flowing on Sana’s cheek. Sana leaned on Dahyun’s shoulder, sobbing. those nightmares again Dahyun thought.

 

She held the older girl close, enveloping her shaking body. Hugging her.

 

“Unnie, it was just a dream. C’mon let’s go to bed” Dahyun whispers while rubbing the older girl’s arms in comfort

 

“C-can I sleep here?” Sana asked sniffing while looking up to the younger girl

 

“Yes, of course.” She led her to her bed, turning the lamp shade on. Her bed wasn’t that big but it is enough for the both of them.

 

“I-I had a nightmare again” Sana sniffed turning to face the younger, startling her. Too close, too close.. she thought. She moved back a little.

 

She remembered few weeks ago, She went home to a crying Sana, curled up in a ball on the couch. Hugging her pillow. It took her an hour to convince her to go back to sleep that time. She prayed that it won’t take that long to lull her back to sleep.

 

“It’s just a dream, don’t worry I’m here, Sana-chan” Sana felt so happy and immediately hugged the younger girl

 

She was startled for a bit but relaxed as Sana snuggles to her chest. Dahyun begun combing the Japanese’s hair, lulling her back to sleep. Soon enough, both of them drifted off to deep slumber, hugging each other. It seems like her pillows smells like strawberries and flowers. 

 

The next day..

 

Sana woke up first but didn’t move until Dahyun woke up, staring at the facial features of the Korean. Tracing the younger’s face using her finger, admiring Dahyun’s beauty. Her fingers reached Dahyun’s lips. She swallowed a bit and continued feeling the Korean’s lower lip

 

How does it feels like to kiss her? She thought.

 

Dahyun bit Sana’s naughty finger, startling the oldest. She smiled and held Sana’s hand without opening her eyes.

 

“Dahyun-chan, good morning” she spoke in her native language. Dahyun’s brows furrowed unfamiliar with the language.

 

“Good Morning to you too, Sana-chan. If that’s what you said” she said smiling

 

“What do you want for breakfast, love?” Sana asked caressing the Korean’s cheek, leaning to the touch.

 

“Cuddles” she said pulling Sana by the waist, the Japanese squealed when she felt lightly squeezed by Dahyun—laughing.

 

“I’ll give you more cuddles later. Let’s grab something to eat first” she said whispering to the younger’s ear, Tickling her.

 

The Korean, snuggled closer as she felt Sana tried to get up.

 

“Five more minutes, unnie” Sana looked at the alarm clock on Dahyun’s nightstand 

 

“Hmm.. okay, let’s eat something after this okay?” Sana said, kissing Dahyun in her cheek.

 

When she felt Dahyun fell asleep again, she snuck out of the bed and went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast and coffee. She took a picture of the sleeping Dahyun and posting it on her instagram. Dahyun’s face was slightly covered by the pillow while the room was lighted by the daylight coming from the window.

 

 

Instagram update:

 

MinatozakiSana: I would love to wake up in the same bed with you.

 

She smiled looking at the picture of a sleeping Dahyun. She sat beside the sleeping figure, caressing the younger’s hair.

 

“Wake up sleepy head, breakfast is ready. You have class at 9” she said softly

 

“Hmm.. okay” Dahyun said holding Sana’s hand, stopping the Japanese on caressing her cheek.

 

Breakfast was filled with smiles and giggles, Dahyun has only two classes in the morning and work in the afternoon, while Sana has only four classes for the whole day and 2 hours to spare for lunch, asking if Dahyun wanted to have lunch with her before going to work and the Korean said yes, grateful of how sweet and caring her roommate was. 

 

After finishing their breakfast they went to shower and proceeded to their respective classes. For the first three months of being roommates, both of them spend quality time together earning nonstop teasing from their friends whenever one of them would visit the other.

 

“I think our Dubu is earning herself an instant girlfriend” Jeongyeon teased

 

“Whose having a girlfriend??” Nayeon appearing from the backdoor.

 

Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Jihyo pointed at Dahyun who was smiling at her phone, texting.

 

“Wait, you guys are minors. Why are you here?” Nayeon asked

 

“I’m legal, they’re not “ Jihyo shrugs

 

“Duh? We’re not even drinking and besides Dahyun unnie comes here often, she’s still a minor! Why can’t we?” Chaeyoung protested

 

“We’re turning 20, 3 months from now” Tzuyu said with her trademark pokerfaceis pe

 

“Let them be” Jeongyeon laughed

 

“I’m kidding, you’re always welcome in here but no alcoholic drinks for the both of you” Nayeon said winking at Jeongyeon.

 

“Anyways, who are you dating? How about Kyul?” Nayeon directed her question to Dahyun

 

“What? No, we’re not dating and I am not dating anybody” she said rolling her eyes

 

“Yah! Kim Dahyun” Nayeon was about to smack the out of her younger friend when Jeongyeon caught her hand shaking her head No.

 

“What are your plans on Halloween?” Jihyo asked sipping her mocktail drink.  After a busy test all of them agreed to meet up at Nayeon’s bar, her family owns it so it’s a perk of being friends with the Senior Multimedia arts major.

 

“Nothing” all of them answered in unison while looking at each other before saying “jinx!”

 

“Wanna throw a wholesome party?” Nayeon suggested wriggling her eyebrows

 

“You mean, like the wasted party you threw few months ago” Chaeyoung giggled, looking at Dahyun who went wild that night. The girl can only blush and lower her gaze in embarrassment

 

“Right!” Nayeon chirped.

 

“You’re not going to schedule me on that day right?! The last party you freaking put me on schedule!” Jeongyeon whined throwing dagger-like stare at Nayeon who was apologetic

 

“I won’t! I promise, I’ll ask the other girls to work on halloween, I’ll double the pay” Jeongyeon snapped her head and looked at Nayeon.

 

“You know what? Screw the party. I’m working” she joked.

 

All of them laughed and planned the party, It would be a private party just for the University students, free of entrance fee and welcoming booze. They also wanted Nayeon to gain, business is still business as usual.

 

“Okay, so everything is settled. Everybody can come but they must wear their halloween costume” Nayeon announces to everyone.

 

“Bring your girlfriends, both of you” Jeongyeon directed at Chaeyoung and Dahyun who was blushing.

 

They both texted their partners about the party and mass texted everybody to announce the upcoming Halloween party at Nay’s bar.

 

 

Dahyunnie

Unnie?

Do you have plans on Halloween?

Nay’s bar is throwing a party on the 31st

Maybe you wanna come with me?

 

Dahyun waited for a reply but there was none. Maybe she was busy, she thought to herself.

 

 

Tiger 🐯 ❤️

 

Hey, be my date on the 31st?

There’s a Halloween party at Nay’s bar.

Please say yes?

 

Yes, yes & yes!

 

Mina smiled while Sana frowned.

 

“What’s wrong? You can’t come to the party are you?” Momo teased.

 

Sana already booked a flight to Japan on the 30th because of her mom’s annual Halloween party. She groaned in frustration.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be Dahyun’s date” Momo smirked while texting.

 

Akachan-Dahyunnie❤️

 

I’ll be your date on the 31st

 

She sent it while smiling to her best friends.

 

“Oh no you don’t” Sana glared at her

 

“Yes I will, what will you do? Fly in between  parties?” Momo laughed making Mina chuckling too

 

“You know what? That’s a good idea!” Sana said while trying to book a flight on the 31st.

 

“You know what? This is the first time I had a crush this strong on someone, If you don’t have plans on confessing first, You’ll miss your chance and I’ll probably take that chance and make her mine” Momo said seriously making Sana’s smile disappear, analyzing what her best friend told her.

 

“Momoring” Mina called, trying to ease the tension between the two

 

“What? I’m just saying..” Momo shrugs

 

“I gave way with Eunha, now.. I don’t know If I can do that again” adding fuel to the fire, Momo looked at Sana straight in the eyes.

 

“Are you really doing this? Really? You know I like her” Sana said getting irritated

 

“You’re too slow, Dahyun and I went on a date already. Don’t you know that?” Momo confessed. Shock was all Mina and Sana could react.

 

 

Flashback..

 

Dahyun was at the library, studying for a test on one of her major subjects when Momo saw her at the most corner of the library bookshelves at the Music section, sitting on the floor with her headphones on.

 

Momo took a step closer but Dahyun was too immersed with her music and reading that she hadn’t noticed the Japanese girl squatting in front of her. Momo removed Dahyun’s headphones to catch her attention. The older girl smiled and greeted her.

 

“Exams?” Momo asked they both sat beside each other.

 

“Yeah, what are you doing here? Are you a music major too?” She asked.

 

“Uh, no. I’m an Economics major, I was just wandering around looking for an interesting book to read” She said sitting closely to the Korean.

 

“Oh, you must be really smart” Dahyun complimented

 

“Hmm, I don’t really liked my course.” She confessed.

 

“So, it’s a parents choice, I guess?” Dahyun smiled continuing her readings while listening to Momo

 

“Yeah, it’s a good thing I have the dance club” she beamed , thinking about dancing made her mood rile up.

 

“Wow, you dance?” Dahyun folded the page where she left off and closed it focusing on Momo, it wouldn’t hurt to have an ice breaker in studying, right?

 

“Yeah, I’m a cheerleader together with Mina and Sana” 

 

“WOW! You guys are talented!” She said in amazement

 

“Not really, it’s been our hobby since High School” she said laughing at Dahyun’s facial expression.

 

“Humble” Dahyun teased

 

“Not really” Momo fought back, making both of them laugh and heard a bell coming from the front desk, hearing footsteps.. both of them took all the books scattered around the floor and ran off to escape Mrs. Choi, the librarian.

 

Exiting the library, running away hand in hand while laughing their feet carried them to the nearest building which is the Arts and Sciences building. Dahyun held Momo’s hand both of them carrying books, she led both of them to the music room.

 

Turning the lights on, revealing the grand piano at the center of the room and other instruments on the side, walking closer to it. Momo was amazed by the sophisticated design of the room, high ceiling and large glass wall windows. Dahyun sat first and invited Momo to join her.

 

“Wanna hear my composition? I wanna know your thoughts about it” Dahyun asked smiling at Momo who was trying to hide her blushing cheeks, nodding to the younger girl a yes.

 

Dahyun took a deep breath slightly touching the ivory white keys checking her pitch. She smiled, inhaling once again, closing her eyes. She started playing by pressing keys that creates a melodious sound.

 

Momo could watch her play the piano the whole day and would still request for another set of songs. She thought to herself— Dahyun, is cool.

 

She started playing in a calm and slow manner, pressing the keys feeling every chords and melodious sound that the piano produces. The mellow beat she started to close her eyes and continued playing.

 

Momo felt her heart thump against her rib cage as if matching the rhythm of the music. She can feel her legs itch wanted to express it by dancing she held onto herself as her organs started to twitch. How could Sana even control herself being this close to Dahyun? Even the first time she saw Dahyun at the bar, she couldn’t control her urges—to kiss Dahyun. Cursing Mina for interfering with her almost kiss with the girl beside her.

 

The song ended and she felt that she could hear her heart beating so loud. She smiled and took Dahyun’s hand to kiss it, flustering the girl.

 

“Your hands, they’re so precious. The song that you played, I really like it.” She confessed smiling at the blushing Korean

 

“Uhm-I-Thank y-you, unnie” she said stuttering 

 

“What’s the title of the song?”

 

“Loving You” she said shying away

 

“That’s beautiful, have you dedicated it to someone?” Momo asked looking into Dahyun’s eyes. She saw confusion, worry and love. Why does the younger girl expressed so much emotions just in one look.

 

“I-I have”

 

“That person is lucky” Momo said letting go of Dahyun’s hand. Looking at the piano, pressing random keys.

 

Both of them stayed silent for a bit, a comfortable silence then Momo stood up holding her tummy.

 

“Wanna come with me? I know a great place to eat ramen” Momo suggested and dahyun smiled so widely her eyes disappearing and Momo liked these kind of smiles it makes her heart warm and soft.

 

 

——

 

 

Sana walked back to her apartment thinking about what Momo said, she couldn’t get mad at her best friend for liking the same person, she also couldn’t defend herself about Eunha. She sighed to herself, kicking the tin can on the ground.

 

She was about to open the door when she heard laughs from the inside of their apartment. Thinking that Dahyun’s friends might have visited her.

 

Turning the knob and revealing herself to the new people inside their apartment. The chaos subsided when all eyes was focused on her, Dahyun blowing her nose and a five hundred won coin flew out of her nostril.

 

Shocked and confused she greeted them and proceed to take off her shoes, placing it neatly beside Dahyun’s.

 

“Unnie, Sorry I haven’t told you that my friends are coming over for dinner. By the way these are my friends. Jihyo unnie, Jeongyeon unnie and Nayeon unnie, those two at the back are my minions” referring to Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who was painting each other’s faces. They waved at her.

 

“Chaeyoung is the only minion in this house” Tzuyu said ruffling the shorter girl’s hair while earning a glare from Chae.

 

“Hey, you can joke about anything but not my height!” She said brushing the paint on Tzuyu’s face forming a diagonal line and that started their paint-face fight. Stains all over their shirt it was a good thing they were sitting on a newspaper, spread widely across the floor just in case they spill the non-toxic paint on our floor.

 

The trio stood up and offered their hand to Sana to hand shake her. It feels like I’m on a business meeting, these people are formal. Sana thought. Dahyun followed suit and placed a hand on Sana’s lower back, asking her If she had dinner already, shaking her head No. Dahyun smiled.

 

They invited Sana to eat with them the three older girls were asking random questions to Sana, laughs could be heard here and there. She felt comfortable with the group.

 

“How did you even stand this airhead for three months?” Jeongyeon asked laughing while Dahyun threw a piece of lettuce at her.

 

Sana held onto Dahyun’s hand under the table, stopping her from playing with the food. Dahyun didn’t mind but complied and started eating again.

 

“Yah! Dubu! No throwing of food” Nayeon warned

 

“I mean, This rascal is such a tsundere sometimes” Jeongyeon added.

 

“Woah, coming from the biggest tsundere herself” Jihyo scoffed. Sana just chuckled at the younger girl.

 

She felt relieved that Jihyo wasn’t dating Dahyun that Mina misunderstood what she saw at the cafe few days ago.

 

“Unnie, how was your fever? Gone?” Tzuyu asked Dahyun out of the blue.

 

Sana looked at the girl beside her, feeling her temperature by hand, worried.

 

“I’m fine unnie, it was just a small fever” she chuckled getting tickled shen Sana touched her neck

 

“I’ll give you some medicine later after dinner” Dahyun grimaced after hearing medicine

 

“But—“

 

“No, buts Dahyun-chan” Sana said firmly retrieving her hand

 

“Fine” she said pouting

 

The others were exchanging looks after the gross interaction of the two. Noting that they would ask the pale girl about their status.

 

“So, are you coming at the party Sana-ssi” Nayeon asked politely

 

“Uhm—“ she looked at Dahyun and to Nayeon and shook her head No. Her lips turning to a frown.

 

“Why not?” Jeongyeon asked kicking Dahyun’s foot who was also frowning

 

“Well, I need to go home on the 30th. My Mom asked me to” she said apologetically

 

They nodded, understanding the girl’s situation while Dahyun stayed quiet sulking, realizing that the reason Sana hasn’t replied to her text was because she’s going home to Japan for a couple of days.

 

“This is a very weird question, unnie. but have I met you before?” Tzuyu directed her question to Sana.

 

Sana was about to say something but she kept closed, shaking her head No instead.

 

“I thought I have met you before—well don’t mind what I said, I’m being silly” Tzuyu smiled and Sana exhaled the breath she had inhaled, Dahyun noticed.

 

“Yeah, you look familiar too” Jihyo said thinking where did she saw Sana before. Sana’s mind went buzzed and a bit of panicking.

 

“She’s a cheerleader” Dahyun spoke gaining all the attention to her.

 

“Oh yeaaahh! Now I remember!” Nayeon was beaming at Sana

 

“Wow! You’re a cheerleader, unnie?” Chaeyoung scooted over to Sana

 

“I-I am” she looked at Dahyun who was peaking on her food

 

The girls gathered around Sana who was indeed a Cheerleader of the University. The group wanted to watch one of her performance sometime If they get a chance. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who are both varsity students were asking Sana if she could cheer them on their upcoming competition. Chaeyoung is part of the track and field team while Tzuyu is part of the Archery team.

 

Dahyun took her plate to the sink and the others followed still sulking about how Sana cannot attend the party. She texted Momo that they could meet at the party.

 

Her friends were still talking to Sana who gladly answered all the questions, Tzuyu and Jihyo are still curious where they have seen Sana before. Not letting go of the subject.

 

“It feels like you’re one of those celebrities I’ve seen somewhere” Jihyo who was looking intently at Sana.

 

“Yeah me too, something like a magazine perhaps?” Tzuyu added

 

“I’m just an average person, I promise! My appearance is so indistinguishable you might have mistaken me with another person” she laughed nervously

 

“Yes I have seen you before” Jeongyeon said staring staright to Sana’s eyes, the Japanese gulping.

 

“You have?” Sana was pointing at herself shaking a bit

 

All of them were looking at Sana and the older girl, Sana was so sure she would apologize for denying anything when—

 

“You’ve been visiting Nay’s Bar with your friends, right? You’re friends with Momo? The girl who gave our Dahyunnie a good time!” Jeongyeon said slightly chuckling as she gave the pale girl a knowing look making her blush and making Sana’s exhaled the air out of lungs, she could feel her heart palpitating.

 

“Yes, I have. We’ve been hanging out to your bar very much often, it’s a cool place” she said

 

“Really?! The next time you and your friends visit, text me!” Nayeon smiled at her.

 

The group decided to call it a night after watching a horror movie. Sana sat beside Dahyun, most of the time they were just playing with each others hands. either of the girls were glacing to the both of them, mentally noting that they need to ask one of them, one of these days. Jihyo went home first, remembering she has medical reports to pass for tomorrow. Jeongyeon and Nayeon followed after finishing the movie, they're those kind of couple that are more than friends but less than lovers, no commitment, no strings attached, one of these days maybe one of them will confess their true feelings.

 

"Chou-Tzu, when will your driver arrives?" Chaeyoung asked playing with the paints and brush again.

"In a bit, Changie. If you're tired, you can sleep. I can carry you home" Tzuyu said looking at the hyperactive cub

"Nah, I'm good. I just wanna know what time will we leave" she said fixing the art materials after signing the painting, handing it to Sana.

"This is for me?" Sana was in awe when Chaeng nodded, giving Chaeyoung a bear hug.

"This is you, that's Dahyun-nie" she pointed at the ghost doodle near the princess. The Painting was cute, A4 sized.

"Hey! I'm not a ghost!" smacking Chaeyoung's head for drawing her as a ghost. they kept on hitting each other when both Tzuyu and Sana pulled them apart.

 

"Thank you for the nice dinner, we will visit again soon. Good Night unnies" Tzuyu said dragging Chaeyoung with her

"Ya!Tzuyu-ya! let me go! I'm gonna beat that ghost's " she said trying to losen Tzuyu's grasp and when she couldn't do anything she threw her shoe at Dahyun, hitting her right foot.

"You, crazy minion! smidget!" Sana was holding her back while waving back at the two. Dahyun threw back the shoe and hitting Chaeyoung's hip. yelping. 

"Bye unnies!" Tzuyu completely dragged Chaeyoung out after holding onto the door jamb. closing the door. carrying Chaeyoung upside down, she couldn't do anything.

"You guys are like kids" Sana chuckled still back hugging Dahyun.

"I know, that's how we express our love" she said chuckling. Sana subtly smells Dahyuns back, smelling her perfume.

 

There was silence, when Sana let go of Dahyun. decided to clean up the mess first before both of them went to bed, but this time both of them decided to sleep in Sana's room as if it was an unspoken rule to sleep together, went on their night routine changing to their pajamas, they've been doing this for how many weeks now. Sana was rubbing Dahyun's back in circles when Momo's words rang in her head again. she sighed, Dahyun tighten her hold to the older girl.

 

Sorry, but Dahyun's mine..